PDA

View Full Version : Hair growth and moon

MaiaMoon
September 28th, 2016, 03:32 AM
What do you think about hair growth and moon?
My grandma always told me that if you trim your hair during the waxing moon they will grow faster and become stronger.
I did a little research on google and find out that DON'T cut/trim your hair during the waning moon because it will slower growth.

And I'll paste here something about the sign of zodiac:
1) The Moon in Aries – hasten the hair-growth with loosing its quality. In general this period is unfavorable for hair-cut because the immunity decreases but the probability of disease increases.
2) The Moon in Taurus, Capricorn and Virgin – A favorable period for hair-growth with less splitting and falling-out. For using chemicals for hair-cut (curling, dyes, etc.) the best time is when the moon is in Virgin.
3) The Moon in Gemini – makes rebel hair but if want to make it curl it can be useful.
4) The moon in Gemini and Scales. A favorable time to make beehive hairdo. A good hair-growth after hair-cut. The hair’s health remains unchangeable.
5) The moon in Aquarius. A good period for experimenting with your hairdo but not try to make it as accustomed. The hair’s health remains unchangeable. Nevertheless when possible avoid from hair-cut.
6) The moon in Cancer and Pisces slows the hair-growth. A good period for those who has brittle and dry hair. A hairdo doesn’t hold the form, rebel hair are not suitable for styling. Shampoo is not recommended.
7) The moon in Leo is favorable for hair dyeing and hair decoration. The hair’s health remains unchangeable. Hair-cut is favorable for making beautiful, silken and voluminous hair. If you have thick hair curling can be unfavorable.
8) The moon in Sagittarius is unfavorable for hair-cut. A hairdo doesn’t hold the form, rebel hair are not suitable for styling. But these days can be suitable for those who wants his hair and career grows faster.
9) The moon in Scorpio does not influence on hair health. Hair can became harder and thicker. It is extremely tight moon phase for hair-cut because it can improve or destroy relations with your opposite sex partner.

I don't know if something of this is true but it's interesting for me. I'll definitly try micro trimming my hair during the waxing moon :)

Nique1202
September 28th, 2016, 05:00 AM
The "phase" of the moon doesn't mean the moon's actually changing at all, just that it's at a different angle to us and the sun. Besides, it's too far away for it to have any effect on anything smaller than a sea. It has absolutely no bearing on anything to do with hair except superstition.

NorraVarg
September 28th, 2016, 05:10 AM
Yep! I was wondering if I'd have the courage to say this, but it's true. :)

Shiranshoku
September 28th, 2016, 05:10 AM
My grandfather used to check the phases of the moon for his gardening. I think it's cute. :-)

Groovy Granny
September 28th, 2016, 05:35 AM
I just use the full moon as a reminder to dust, and the seasonal changes for trims to maintain my hemline.
Personally it has had no effect on hair growth or quality, whenever I trim......at any time of the month.

MaiaMoon
September 28th, 2016, 06:10 AM
I know a lot of persons that use moon phases for gardening :) it's interesting to me. In my country older people really believe in this things. Well I'm glad to hear your opinion :) I'll still try it.. probably it can't make any damage haha

Shiranshoku
September 28th, 2016, 07:16 AM
Meh, I don't walk under ladders or open umbrellas indoors, and knock on wood. I quite like superstitions. :D

Flipgirl24
September 28th, 2016, 03:37 PM
The only thing I know about a full moon is that work is busier. I work at an animal hospital and it never fails to be busy during a fill moon. I don't think it would affect hair growth.

Groovy Granny
September 28th, 2016, 04:28 PM
The only thing I know about a full moon is that work is busier. I work at an animal hospital and it never fails to be busy during a fill moon. I don't think it would affect hair growth.

A full moon sure affects patients in the hospitals....especially the elderly :doh:

Sarahlabyrinth
September 28th, 2016, 04:41 PM
A full moon sure affects patients in the hospitals....especially the elderly :doh:

How does it affect them? I'm curious.

PixieP
September 28th, 2016, 04:52 PM
I've read it's common for women to sleep badly around the full moon. It's true for me! Without fail if I have 2-3 days in a row where it takes me hours to get to sleep, I'll realize it's a full moon. Super weird.

Sarahlabyrinth
September 28th, 2016, 04:57 PM
I never slept well during a full moon either but now I wear a blindfold in bed to keep the light out and I sleep well. The light is a disturbance, I think.

PixieP
September 28th, 2016, 05:02 PM
The light doesn't bother me, here where I live we only have 1-2 hours of complete darkness during summer, I sleep through that just fine! I can fall asleep with my reading light on too.

Groovy Granny
September 28th, 2016, 05:04 PM
How does it affect them? I'm curious.
Bizarre behaviours....confused...sometimes combative; pretty sad

I've read it's common for women to sleep badly around the full moon. It's true for me! Without fail if I have 2-3 days in a row where it takes me hours to get to sleep, I'll realize it's a full moon. Super weird.
That's interesting because I sleep well with one!
In fact I often keep my window shade up even with closed windows in the Winter lol
I love to go to sleep by the light of the moon...and to see the yard and woods that surround us lit up if I do awake :)

Kajzh
September 28th, 2016, 05:32 PM
I am not very privy to the moon. However, I also lived in Alaska for 20+ years, and the sun doesn't set for 30 days there. So moon/star stuff isn't really a concern for people there because you literally can't see it!

MaiaMoon
September 29th, 2016, 12:37 AM
I always thought that moon really affect body liquids (like for a weight loss)

Decoy24601
September 29th, 2016, 12:53 AM
I am not very privy to the moon. However, I also lived in Alaska for 20+ years, and the sun doesn't set for 30 days there. So moon/star stuff isn't really a concern for people there because you literally can't see it!

That last bit completely depends on where you live in Alaska. I grew up there and the suns sets for a few hours in summer. Most of the state doesn't have total sunlight during the summer, but it gets pretty close.

---

I never noticed the full moon have any effect on me. I don't think that the moon or stars has the capability to effect hair growth (or behavior for that matter).

Complexity
September 29th, 2016, 10:48 AM
We have a fair sized thread about trimming and the moon: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=69119

I don't think it really has any effect. I've never tried it though so I suppose it could. Maybe I'll give it a shot once i start maintaining to thicken my hemline; that'll give me enough time to come up with something to compare to (I won't get there until next year sometime).

school of fish
September 29th, 2016, 11:15 AM
I've compared microtrimming 1/2" every month - on the new moon, on the full moon, and by the calendar (4th Sun of the month). Zero difference in growth rate ;) My hair grows a steady 1/2" every month, rain or shine, no matter the moon :)

I have however chosen to stick with a new moon trim schedule regardless. It's easy for me to remember, and I like marking the passage of time by the moon - feels poetic to me :)

But as a method to speed growth? Nah. My hair takes care of that all on its own ;)

Kake
September 29th, 2016, 11:38 AM

I also suffer from the same pattern of poor sleep during the full moon. It's so strange, just not sleepy at all. PixieP are you especially sensitive to caffeine? Not that I think the two are related, but I am ridiculously sensitive to caffeine, and wondered if that's a source of poor sleep for you too.

I hadn't heard that it is a female thing. Interesting

I never slept well during a full moon either but now I wear a blindfold in bed to keep the light out and I sleep well. The light is a disturbance, I think.

I wish that would work for me. But light isn't a factor for me.

PixieP
September 29th, 2016, 12:22 PM
I'm not sensitive to caffeine at all, I drink strong black tea from I get up in the morning to I go to bed again, lol! I don't drink coffee because my stomach doesn't like it.