PDA

View Full Version : Look what showed up on my news feed!

papayatree
September 27th, 2016, 01:42 PM
So my phone has a news feed and it shows some big news stories, albeit a few days late, but as I was going to start my results post for the NASCAR race this past sunday, this showed up.
https://s14.postimg.org/pz691te01/Screenshot_2016_09_27_15_35_42.png

It looks like the mainstream media just discovered something that is the normal thing here. I wonder what your reaction to this is. I will read the article and post my take later on!

ETA: I clicked on it, and it was a fox news video with a guy named Dr. Manny. Here is the video for those interested

http://video.foxnews.com/v/5143286557001/is-it-healthier-to-shampoo-less#sp=show-clips

XiaoBaiTu
September 27th, 2016, 01:49 PM
I've actually had a number of friends say, "Oh yeah, I've heard of that before" when I mention avoiding using much shampoo/only shampooing my scalp because my hair simply doesn't tolerate it. My curly friends all got it immediately, and most of them don't shampoo either, but lately I've noticed even the straight-haired people seem to understand why I mostly condition.

I'd say it's definitely becoming more normal, especially since I'm a college student and still most of my friend group has heard of minimal shampooing.

HairPlease
September 27th, 2016, 03:38 PM
Yeah, stretching washes is becoming more common lately which is a great thing. Most people I know are stretching washes now, and are very happy with the results. I still have trouble stretching washes but I've gotten to about every 3rd day now and my hair is beginning to thank me.

I have to take a moment to chuckle at your phone's wallpaper, though. :rollin: "Patrick, that's not a ride!"

papayatree
September 27th, 2016, 03:42 PM
I have to take a moment to chuckle at your phone's wallpaper, though. :rollin: "Patrick, that's not a ride!"

Thank you so much! I was watching that episode and I wanted to post a picture of it on my personal instagram, so I found it and have used it as my wallpaper ever since!

"Get off of me"