PDA

View Full Version : Need a hair type help!

MaiaMoon
September 27th, 2016, 01:17 AM
I'm new here and I can't find where to see what hair type I have. What that numbers mean? ( 3b, 2c...) I would really appreciate someone to help me.

Arctic
September 27th, 2016, 02:19 AM
Check out the sticky threads on top of the newbie's/start here forum. :flowers: There are other useful stuff and links there, too.

OhSuzi
September 27th, 2016, 02:33 AM
Someone more experienced than me will know where there is a thread for that or a chart - I'm sure there's one around somewhere - otherwise google it and you'll find a natural hair type chart. 1234 refers to how wavy / curly it is 1 is straight 2 is wavy 3 is curly 4 kinky sort of afro hair, abc is how tight the waves / curls are a is loose, c is clear strong waves / super tight spirally curls etc, FMT is fine / medium / thick - I assumed this relates to the actual hair strand? but it might relate to how much hair you actually have e.g. a one inch circumference pony tail suggests you have fine hair if its like 4 inches in circumference and normal hair clips explode when you try to add them - you're hair is prob pretty thick!

It's tricky cause some people have short hair so you cant always tell which catagory you're in - or it might change as your hair gets longer & heavier - Im naturally wavy but if it's a really hot day or Ive been exercising loads my hair goes into ringlets when its longer. Some people have hair that's curly at the bottom wavy on top / really fine delicate hair strands but like loads of hair so it makes a 3 - 4 inch wide pony.

If you can describe it or better still get a picture on, the more experienced people on here will be able to help you figure it out.

hayheadsbird
September 27th, 2016, 10:49 AM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=116252

Stick at the top of the page with a visual guide! 😄

MaiaMoon
September 27th, 2016, 11:13 AM
Thank you so much. I didn't hear for a hair type card before. Now I looked for it in google and probably I have 2a and F because I don't have much hair. I'll post picture later :)

Lize
September 27th, 2016, 11:29 AM
Thank you so much. I didn't hear for a hair type card before. Now I looked for it in google and probably I have 2a and F because I don't have much hair. I'll post picture later :)

F/M/C describes the hair strands, not the overall thickness of the hair. The thickness (pony circumference) is described by i, ii and iii. It's good to measure the circumference of the ponytail to find this one out. It's possible to have fine hair with iii thickness or coarse hair with i thickness.

MaiaMoon
September 28th, 2016, 12:57 AM
Thank you all for the help :) .. I always thought I don't have much hair but now I see I have M and ii. I thought I would have just 3cm around my ponytail but it's 8 haha . Now I have to wait for next hair wash that I see if I have raight with 2a :)

MaiaMoon
October 2nd, 2016, 05:37 AM
file:///C:/Users/Uporabnik/Pictures/Slike/14555743_1806113353005243_1249851935_n.jpg

It's my first try to put photo here so I hope it will work :)
I have a little more waves without brushing than in the picture. Is this type 2a or 1c?

Arctic
October 2nd, 2016, 05:50 AM
You need to use a photohosting site. Instructions at the Site Support forum stickies, they are really worth to glance through.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=114999