PDA

View Full Version : Fluctuating curl pattern?

TheaLee
September 26th, 2016, 10:42 PM
I still am not sure what to call my curl pattern, but I've noticed that it definitely changes. I had one section of hair I was keeping an eye on, and it would go from straight to wavy to super defined 2D "S" shape to 3D spiral. It could bounce between two or more of those within minutes! Definitely the same section of hair, and it's all over the place! :laugh:

Is this normal? Does it mean that that hair is actually curly (curliest when wet, brushing loosens it) or what? It's puzzling to me because (for example) the "S" wave vs. the spiral--those are two completely different patterns. It tends to be curlier the longer it gets too. I don't understand it at all. (Oh, wise hair scientists, show me your knowledge :pray:)

lapushka
September 27th, 2016, 03:09 AM
I'd do a hairtyping picture to be sure. Just wash/condition, toweldry gently and don't touch the wave pattern at all with a comb or brush. Then take a picture of the back of your head. Then you'll know what your pattern is.

That doesn't mean you can't enhance the wave pattern (but not for hairtyping) on other occasions. Have you ever heard of "the curly girl method", it's a book by Lorraine Massey. A lot of online information is out there as well.

TheaLee
September 28th, 2016, 10:06 PM
Thanks for the tips! I'll be sure to check 'em out. :D