PDA

View Full Version : Went to get my layers cut and...

Obsidian
September 24th, 2016, 03:56 PM
I just couldn't do it. At least not as much as I had planned. I originally planned on collar bone or maybe even chin length to remove as many layers as I could but it didn't happen. I still had quite a bit of length removed though. This is the first big cut since I started growing out my pixie 14 months ago.

Before- taken indoors in bright light. My true color
http://i66.tinypic.com/2s0e5g6.jpg

after-taken indoors in poor light, I call this my ugly henna lol
http://i67.tinypic.com/11c3vnp.jpg

lora410
September 24th, 2016, 04:19 PM
glad you didn't chop to much. love your waves/curls:cool:

Obsidian
September 24th, 2016, 04:40 PM
Yeah, me too:) Its weird, it almost feels longer now. I think its because I can feel the length more around my face now instead of down my back. You can't tell from the pics but I was a APL when stretched, had almost 4" removed.

DweamGoiL
September 24th, 2016, 04:50 PM
First of all, you have lovely healthy hair and so voluminous...love it!

Yeah, me too:) Its weird, it almost feels longer now. I think its because I can feel the length more around my face now instead of down my back. You can't tell from the pics but I was a APL when stretched, had almost 4" removed.

It's the curse of the curlies/wavies. The hair shrinks and takes forever to get to each milestone, and tends to look like it's the same length for an eternity.

spidermom
September 24th, 2016, 05:19 PM
Why not just grow it with the layers? I remember mine went pyramid shape at shoulder length with no layers.

Obsidian
September 24th, 2016, 06:12 PM
It's the curse of the curlies/wavies. The hair shrinks and takes forever to get to each milestone, and tends to look like it's the same length for an eternity.

Thats the only reason I didn't mind cutting, it doesn't look that much shorter even though it is:)

Why not just grow it with the layers? I remember mine went pyramid shape at shoulder length with no layers.

It was already pyramid shaped from the shorter layers, at least now its a bit more even looking. Besides, the ends were kind of icky from the black dye underneath.

LongCurlyTress
September 24th, 2016, 08:56 PM
Your hair looks really pretty, thick and healthy now!:magic:

Mooihaar
September 24th, 2016, 11:36 PM
Your hair looks amazing!
Love the curls!

lapushka
September 25th, 2016, 03:08 AM
Might be a bit of a setback now, but blunter helps grow it to a certain length. :flower:

Obsidian
September 25th, 2016, 09:07 AM
Thanks ladies. My current hair health is due to everyone here, before I found LHC, my hair was a hot mess. I can never thank the members enough or the board "owners for providing a place for such great info.

Might be a bit of a setback now, but blunter helps grow it to a certain length. :flower:

I knew I would eventually need my hemline fixed up. I was going to wait until next summer but I also knew the longer it got, the harder it would be to cut. I do miss the length some, it was just getting to the point I could lean back on it and trap it against things. A strange milestone but its one thing I really noticed. I grow fairly quickly so it will be back by next spring.

meteor
September 25th, 2016, 01:12 PM
Your hair looks so gorgeous, Obsidian! :crush: Amazing texture and color! :applause

Sarahm
September 25th, 2016, 02:10 PM
wow, you hair looks so lucious!

(sorry, I have nothing more to add :))

lapushka
September 25th, 2016, 02:15 PM
I knew I would eventually need my hemline fixed up. I was going to wait until next summer but I also knew the longer it got, the harder it would be to cut. I do miss the length some, it was just getting to the point I could lean back on it and trap it against things. A strange milestone but its one thing I really noticed. I grow fairly quickly so it will be back by next spring.

It's good that you don't mind losing the length, as that can be difficult in and of itself sometimes. :)

Kat-Rinnč Naido
September 25th, 2016, 10:05 PM
Happy for you. Your hair has gorgeous volume. Enjoy your new length and growing from there.