PDA

View Full Version : Getting back from ombre ??

Sophieolivia
September 23rd, 2016, 02:55 PM
Hi guys,

My hair is naturally very dark brown almost black. Last year in January I went for the balayage technique asking for blonde highlights. As my hair is so dark I didn't get the desired blonde at first and had to keep going back. Over the time of trying to lighten the highlights I've lost more and more of the dark and now I have a full on ombre.

I want to get it back to majority dark but still keep some of the blonde highlights even if it's just around the face at the front (or do you think that would look weird?)

Do you think this is possible? I don't know what to ask for in the salon....
I don't want to go block colour dark again if I can help it.

MidnightMoon
September 23rd, 2016, 03:47 PM
Well Im no expert but my guess is they could apply a brown dye all over, and a lighter brown framing your face. With time any dye over your highlights will fade, but it will be a darker colour all over without removing the variation of colour highlights give you. Youll still have highlights but in darker shades. Also, as it fades I believe it would still look a bit darker as in my experience porous hair is stained better... in any case you could keep applying semi permanent dyes every 4 months or so until you have enough roots or it is stained dark enough.

MidnightMoon
September 23rd, 2016, 03:52 PM
On a side note... I dont know if it would look weird or not to have blonde streaks around your face and darker hair behind. I mean... theres a goth youtuber who has had black hair and platinum blonde framing her face and it looks great... but if its not your style and one can tell you sort of attempted to have an ombre and highlights but doesnt quite look like it then it might not look great. If you could post a pic it would help a lot. If you darken your hair to a sort of auburn and leave the lighter parts it would look cool. Also if you have a reddish skin tone. However almost black hair and yellow highlights and a tan...not so much. It all depends on your looks and style in my opinion :)

lapushka
September 23rd, 2016, 03:52 PM
Maybe try some lowlights?

I think if you can explain it here, you can explain it to a hairdresser, and they will probably understand better. :lol:
And take lots of pictures of what you mean. :shrug:

missblueeyes
September 23rd, 2016, 04:32 PM
On a side note... I dont know if it would look weird or not to have blonde streaks around your face and darker hair behind. I mean... theres a goth youtuber who has had black hair and platinum blonde framing her face and it looks great... but if its not your style and one can tell you sort of attempted to have an ombre and highlights but doesnt quite look like it then it might not look great. If you could post a pic it would help a lot. If you darken your hair to a sort of auburn and leave the lighter parts it would look cool. Also if you have a reddish skin tone. However almost black hair and yellow highlights and a tan...not so much. It all depends on your looks and style in my opinion :)

You GOT to be talking about ToxicTears.

Man, sorry this post is lacking any constructive input but I just had to make my guess. :,)

MidnightMoon
September 23rd, 2016, 04:36 PM
Lol yes hahah, shes the one. One of the few youtubers I subscribed to, actually. The rest just annoys me xD

Sophieolivia
September 24th, 2016, 12:02 AM
I've got to be honest guys. My plan was to upload pics but I can't work out how to do it!? *hides face*

animetor7
September 24th, 2016, 12:14 AM
I've got to be honest guys. My plan was to upload pics but I can't work out how to do it!? *hides face*

You might not have that permission yet. You need a certain number of posts in order to be able to. I think you could still send links to them though.

Sophieolivia
September 24th, 2016, 12:23 AM
This is my hair after the first balayage:
http://s12.postimg.org/mx97ih81p/IMG_4344.jpg

This is my hair now:
http://s11.postimg.org/73no70kcj/IMG_4060.jpg

This is an Instagram pic I found with dark hair but a bit of blonde running through the front:
http://s21.postimg.org/dm57dlptz/IMG_4337.png

Simsy
September 24th, 2016, 02:03 AM
I used to get highlights, both thick and thin versions, put through whenever I got my hair coloured.

Easiest method might be to colour a couple of shades lighter than your natural colour, and get some streaks put through. Thin highlights blend a bit better, thick ones stand out and you should be able to request that they are positioned more towards the face. Depending on the colour and effect you want, you may not need to hit the bleach too hard. If you are going for a sublte effect, go for thin streaks and scatter them fairly close together. If you want something more bold, go thick. Going for a mix of both thick and thin looks really cool when done right.

Another option; go back to natural and sun-bleach sections. I generally end up with really blonde sections on the top of my bun or ponytail from running around in the sun all year. This may or may not be an option; just covering all the bases I can think of.

Let me know if this is helpful at all