PDA

View Full Version : 1 year LHC anniversary

Mirabele
September 22nd, 2016, 04:58 AM
Hi everybody,

it seems that i've been here for a bit more than one year.

i had always wanted long hair. i grew up with a believe that my hair is too thin, too fine and can never be long. i bleached and highlited my hair, thinking if i can not have long, then i can at least have the color i want. it seemed true. my hair never got longer APL. i thought it wasn't growing. i didn't realise it was breakage.

what a difference a year can make. i started with highlights/bleached ends APL. it has been a lot trial and error and i am still not sure i know well what my hair wants and when. i tried a lot different things, some of these worked, some not, and some i am not so sure made a difference at all. at least my hair is in much better shape. it is longer that it ever has been. what i was surprised most, that my thickness increased as well.

ok, photos.

from this, taken September 2015
http://i392.photobucket.com/albums/pp10/Mirabele_krist/IMG_5384a_zpsyf76pi5v.jpg

to this, solid BSL, September 2016. i have microtrimmed 3 times since last year.
http://i392.photobucket.com/albums/pp10/Mirabele_krist/0bed2f32-9ac7-4648-871f-3d3d1d450c6f_zpsvvmhhpkk.jpg

and the comparison photo:
http://i392.photobucket.com/albums/pp10/Mirabele_krist/cf9b1df1-ba24-47f7-b97f-eea4278ed580_zpsjpmzejng.jpg
thanks to everybody for advices, sharing knowledge, and inspiration and sharing photos! LHC helped me realise these important things: my hair maybe grows slow, but it does grow. and with a proper care i can have quite long hair. my hair may be fragile and thin, but if i am very careful, lots of things are possible.

Sarahlabyrinth
September 22nd, 2016, 05:03 AM
Wow, your hair has thickened up a lot - and looks great! Happy hairiversary! :D

Mamabearme
September 22nd, 2016, 05:19 AM
Your ends look great! I love your color.

lapushka
September 22nd, 2016, 05:46 AM
That's amazing progress, and thank goodness you realized it was breakage and not a growth stall. Congrats on reaching BSL. :D

TatsuOni
September 22nd, 2016, 06:10 AM
Congrats! :) Your hair looks thicker now and beautiful!:)

Belle Paix
September 22nd, 2016, 06:23 AM
Great progress! And the ends definitely look to be thickening up :)

Nimia
September 22nd, 2016, 07:09 AM
What a world of difference! Your grow-out makes the color look so much richer and more interesting, too. I have a friend with hair like yours; I may have to send her here so she can see that it's the fault of the bleach that her hair fades to nothing at APL, not the fault of how her hair grows.

I can only imagine how (even more) amazing your hair will look at your 2 year anniversary.

browneyedsusan
September 22nd, 2016, 07:14 AM
It looks fantastic! You've done a great job with it.

Growing hair takes a long time, but you're doing SO well being patient and tending your hair. It looks like you've gotten the damage about contained, and I'll bet you get much more growth in the next year. :)

animetor7
September 22nd, 2016, 07:33 AM
Congratulations! What nice progress!! Your U hemline looks lovely! Is that Feye's self trim method I see at work? :)

Mirabele
September 22nd, 2016, 08:27 AM
Wow, your hair has thickened up a lot - and looks great! Happy hairiversary! :D
thank you!

Your ends look great! I love your color.
thank you!

That's amazing progress, and thank goodness you realized it was breakage and not a growth stall. Congrats on reaching BSL. :D
thank you! i kind of couldnt believe until i saw it happening. all these years of bleach and breakage, i wouldn't remember well how my virgin hair looked like.

Congrats! :) Your hair looks thicker now and beautiful!:)
thank you!

Great progress! And the ends definitely look to be thickening up :)
thank you!

What a world of difference! Your grow-out makes the color look so much richer and more interesting, too. I have a friend with hair like yours; I may have to send her here so she can see that it's the fault of the bleach that her hair fades to nothing at APL, not the fault of how her hair grows.

I can only imagine how (even more) amazing your hair will look at your 2 year anniversary.
thank you. so well said. that what exactly i was thinking. that my hair was the type that fades into nothing at APL, so it is time to cut until shoulderagain. how could i know, except for pregnancies and breastfeeding periods, i was bleaching or highlighting my hair since i was 17 until i was 39. some hair just doesn't tolerate much and mine is like that.

It looks fantastic! You've done a great job with it.

Growing hair takes a long time, but you're doing SO well being patient and tending your hair. It looks like you've gotten the damage about contained, and I'll bet you get much more growth in the next year. :)
thank you!

Congratulations! What nice progress!! Your U hemline looks lovely! Is that Feye's self trim method I see at work? :)
thank you! yes, i have learned to microtrim. that method is a lifesaver. saves me money and i dont have to stress how much a hairdresser would cut.

Kat-Rinnč Naido
September 22nd, 2016, 08:54 AM
Congratulations! Your hair looks beautiful and I love your hem-line.

Cg
September 22nd, 2016, 09:10 AM
I love your natural color, it's rich and subtle. Glad you've learned thin fragile hair can grow long with proper care. Congrats on one year! Beautiful!

Lisa Long4Life
September 22nd, 2016, 12:09 PM
looks lovely, I really like the colour :D

hobbitlocks
September 22nd, 2016, 12:17 PM
Congratulations! Your hair looks so beautiful -- your hemline is inspiring me to learn how to trim and to actually do it!

Mirabele
September 23rd, 2016, 01:11 AM
Thank you all for the nice words!

pailin
September 23rd, 2016, 03:39 AM
Your hair is beautiful, abd looking happier! I hope you really enjoy this journey of patience as you meet the hair you didn't know you had!

Mirabele
September 23rd, 2016, 06:04 AM
Your hair is beautiful, abd looking happier! I hope you really enjoy this journey of patience as you meet the hair you didn't know you had!
Thank you! So well said. That is the best award, meeting hair that i didn't knew i had :)

Liv
September 25th, 2016, 01:32 AM
Great progress Mirabele - beautiful hair. :-)

Mimha
September 25th, 2016, 04:40 AM
Wonderful progress, Mirabele !! :D And what a beautiful neat round shaped hemline ! :)
You'll make it with no problem to waist, and on your way down, your hair will continue improving. Hip length is waiting you !!! :joy:

Pinni
September 25th, 2016, 04:19 PM
Love it. Pretty!!! Congrats:blossom: