PDA

View Full Version : More Hair Typing Help?

Decoy24601
September 14th, 2016, 09:03 PM
My hair texture seems like it has been changing over the past few months since I took my last hair typing picture and I'd like to know if it is actually changing or if I'm just imagining things :cool:. What hair texture/type do you think I am? 1c, 1c/2a, 2a or what else? Thank you in advance!

http://i.imgur.com/LrI7BTv.png

http://i.imgur.com/o7MlHgK.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/KaxDSbb.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/iQAmCaH.jpg

Complexity
September 14th, 2016, 09:07 PM
I'm still going with the 1c/2a :)

animetor7
September 14th, 2016, 09:56 PM
I'd agree with 1c/2a, but perhaps lean towards 1c because the waves look a bit looser to me than how I think of 2's.

Anya15
September 14th, 2016, 11:24 PM
I would peg you at 1c/2a :)

Wosie
September 15th, 2016, 04:36 AM
1c/2a! :agree: Reminds me a lot of my own hair, though I think my own is a tad wavier.

Your hair looks amazing and your tealy shirt's colour compliments it so well. :D

lapushka
September 15th, 2016, 04:40 AM
Vote for 1c/2a, because there is "stringyness" there that you typically see with 2a, but it is not "separated" and defined enough for me to want to call it full 2a.

Decoy24601
September 15th, 2016, 06:57 AM
Thanks everyone :D. I think 1c/2a is probably the closest fit for now. I'm curious to see how it behaves in a few more months, since it might still be changing.

The last time I took a hair typing picture my hair barely shrank at all. This time my hair shrank from 1-2 inches away from classic to above TBL! I think I might wait to encourage my waves until my hair gets longer than classic :lol:.

lapushka
September 15th, 2016, 07:10 AM
Thanks everyone :D. I think 1c/2a is probably the closest fit for now. I'm curious to see how it behaves in a few more months, since it might still be changing.

The last time I took a hair typing picture my hair barely shrank at all. This time my hair shrank from 1-2 inches away from classic to above TBL! I think I might wait to encourage my waves until my hair gets longer than classic :lol:.

To be fair, hairtyping shots need to always happen without any enhancement. ;)

Decoy24601
September 15th, 2016, 11:07 AM
I didn't do anything to encourage my waves for my hair typing picture :). I was just saying that if I want to coax my hair into being wavier on a daily basis that I might wait until my hair is longer. I didn't physically manipulate my hair at all while it was drying.

ETA: Basically I'm going to keep combing out my hair and not using styling products. When I say that I'm not implying that I used them in the hair typing picture either.

lapushka
September 15th, 2016, 12:08 PM
I didn't do anything to encourage my waves for my hair typing picture :). I was just saying that if I want to coax my hair into being wavier on a daily basis that I might wait until my hair is longer. I didn't physically manipulate my hair at all while it was drying.

ETA: Basically I'm going to keep combing out my hair and not using styling products. When I say that I'm not implying that I used them in the hair typing picture either.

Oh no! Please don't think that that's what I meant - not at all. Just saying that moving forward, because you said it was still to change, and then you said something about encouraging the waves. Just I thought, when taking a new picture, keep the hairtyping goals/rules in mind. ;)

SparrowWings
September 15th, 2016, 05:15 PM
I just had to post and say that I had a good laugh (at my own expense) when I saw your thread, Decoy. Posting your own just after I posted mine, and I've been thinking all along that the wave in your pictures is about what mine looks like at its waviest, so thinking that I must be 1b/1c. Yet here you are getting solid 1c/2a suggestions, and now that I have actual pictures to reference, I'm getting somewhere between 1c/2a and 2a/2b! Who knew! Clearly not me, with my apparent inability to see waves in my own hair. Good thing we have pros around to help us out! :flower:

vampyyri
September 15th, 2016, 06:53 PM
Sticking with my guns, 1c/2a :p

yahirwaO.o
September 15th, 2016, 08:26 PM
1c-2a. I suposse you hair woul look more wavy it it is short or layered,,, not saying this should be, I love you lenght-color so much! Do you combing or brushing as opoose to just let it be?

My own behaves like yours in random spots but I dislike it so I just prefer brushing!!!!

Decoy24601
September 16th, 2016, 08:12 PM
I normally comb my hair when it's slightly damp/mostly dry, which takes out most of the wave. I don't really mind, because I have it in a braid or bun most of the time anyways and as soon as I do either that interrupts my natural wave pattern anyways. Maybe sometime I'll try letting it dry in its natural state and using the shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie or something to amp it up, but for now I'm fine with wearing my hair on the straighter/1c side.