PDA

View Full Version : My glasses are shredding my hair! :(

Sonja
October 19th, 2008, 09:01 PM
My hair sometimes gets caught in the part of my glasses that bends at the temple. These snags have the long-term effect of damaging my hair.

I really don't know what to do. I'm tempted to KrazyGlue my glasses so they're permanently set the way I wear them and the little cracks are sealed. It would mean I could never fold my glasses to put them away in that way.

Any tips?

ChatoyantLocks
October 19th, 2008, 09:11 PM
I wonder if you could slide a small piece of plastic aquarium tubing up over each ear piece until it covers the hinge, maybe? Then you could just slide them back down a bit if you want to close the hinges.

ChloeDharma
October 19th, 2008, 09:13 PM
Have you tried keeping your hair up and out the way? That's the only thing i can think of to keep it from tangling in things

Welcome to LHC by the way :waving:

Juneii
October 19th, 2008, 09:23 PM
Hi Sonja! welcome to LHC!
I had that problem with my old glasses as well, have you tried bringing it back to your optometrist and asking them to fix it for you? I wouldn't suggest gluing your glasses though, there may be a time when you do need to fold it.
if your optometrist can't fix the glasses then maybe you should look into finding new ones? I just got a new pair and made sure that these don't have the same problem for me :]

darkwaves
October 19th, 2008, 09:26 PM
Mine do that, too. After decades of wearing glasses, I've learned that for me that's just how it goes.

(Yes, I try to be careful. And I try not to worry about it, either. But please, stay away from the Krazy Glue!)

NightDaemon
October 19th, 2008, 09:34 PM
It all goes down to the type of hinge it has. I've found that the spring-loaded hinges on my current pair are good, since they don't move a millimetre except when I fold them myself, which never happens anywhere near my hair.