PDA

View Full Version : Belgians/Dutchies, what's your fave?

lapushka
September 13th, 2016, 09:57 AM
Belgians and fellow Dutchies, what's your favorite hair product from the store? Can be brands we don't know about (and might be hard to get for others on here), or well-known brands that are more international.

My faves are:

- Herbal Essences Hello Hydration
- Pantene Aqua Light

- Shea Moisture curl enhancing smoothie

- Aldi + Lidl hair care in general.

eadwine
September 13th, 2016, 10:48 AM
At the moment Whole Blends.. Loving Blends.. whateveritiscalledBlends the olive oil shampoo and mask. :)

lapushka
September 13th, 2016, 10:57 AM
Oh yes, how could I forget Garnier... let's see... Whole Blends, Ultimate Blends, Loving Blends, Ultra Doux, Ultra Dolce, ... etc. etc. :lol: Good products, all around. Haven't found a dud in that line yet, and that means a lot!

ATM I don't have that many Garnier Ultra Doux/Loving Blends (Belgian/Dutch) in my collection, but I still have those peach and nutoil masks that were once so popular. Got to use those soon. When my Aloe Vera Therapy (Hegron/Action) is gone, I'll dip into that mask!

eadwine
September 13th, 2016, 11:04 AM
I still have two containers as well.. reserved though for another hair member :)

lapushka
September 13th, 2016, 12:33 PM
I still have two containers as well.. reserved though for another hair member :)

That's so sweet of you! :)

Totty
September 14th, 2016, 01:46 AM
Nivea hydro care conditioner. Because wella dropped the pro series moisture.
Shampoo: herbal essences naked because it does the job.
Deep treatment:I miss elvive re-nutrition... I'm using loving blends, honey and the olive variant as well.
Leave in: ABBA Nourishing Conditioner the discontinued variant. Otherwise inecto conditioner.

I really miss the wella conditioner, and the elvive hair mask.

yvsa
September 14th, 2016, 02:30 AM
I like the Andrelon products.:D

Phalaenopsis
September 14th, 2016, 05:16 AM
Schwarzkopf has a very nice conditioner that you can find in some Kruidvat stores.
It's a white bottle with the lid at the bottom. I forgot the name though!

And of course, not to forget: Franck Provost!
Some of the conditioners are siliconefree, and you get a big bottle of 750 ml for a good price.

yvsa
September 14th, 2016, 05:46 AM
Yes! I've got a conditioner from Schwarzkopf. It's called cremespoeling anti-klit. It says it's for long and/or curly hair. I love it but my daughters who have straight hair like it also.

Silverbleed
September 14th, 2016, 06:02 AM
I'm only using Chagrin Valley at this point. Boringggg but I'm glad it works as most things I've tried so far makes me itch or break out ;_;

Oh and aloe gel and olive oil lmao. That's it. Small list xD

lapushka
September 14th, 2016, 07:51 AM
Yes! I've got a conditioner from Schwarzkopf. It's called cremespoeling anti-klit. It says it's for long and/or curly hair. I love it but my daughters who have straight hair like it also.

Yes those are those old white bottles! Those are great. Have some of those in my stash still (as well :lol:). Yeah, oldies but goodies.

Wella doesn't sit well with me, I'm afraid. They put straight up alcohol as a preservative in their shampoos and I can't stand to have that on my skin (due to my CRPS - skin reacts).

summergame
September 14th, 2016, 07:51 AM
I did not found a specific product that I am happy with yet. Have to look futher.

Shiranshoku
September 17th, 2016, 04:08 PM
Any sls free shampoo rec's? I'd like yo try one, but can't seem to find one in the supermarket.

Bezumi
September 20th, 2016, 09:52 AM
Ooooh, I somehow had missed this thread !
I'm trying Lush and Hask products right now (loving the Fairly Traded Honey shampoo from Lush, and the Argan Oil Conditionner from Hask), but they're not exactly widespread.
For 21 years of my life (that is, until I started seriously reading this forum),I had the most awful hair care routine, taught by my dear dad : washing only with shampoo, twice in a row, down to the lenght, every other day. I did this with the Garnier Ultra Doux line. My hair is actually quite undamaged despite this, so I think it goes to say that this is a quite non drying shampoo :p. I used the grapefuit one (aqua bottle).

Silverbleed
September 20th, 2016, 09:55 AM
Any sls free shampoo rec's? I'd like yo try one, but can't seem to find one in the supermarket.

I'm not sure if there's any available in the regular grocery stores. I know de Tuinen (Holland & Barrett) has multiple available though. But I haven't succeeded in the supermarket yet.

kuroi
September 20th, 2016, 10:21 AM
I'm not sure if there's any available in the regular grocery stores. I know de Tuinen (Holland & Barrett) has multiple available though. But I haven't succeeded in the supermarket yet.

Yeah i didnt have succes in regular stores, but de tuinen has a lot sulfate free stuff. I personally like dr organic which de tuinen sells.

Shiranshoku
September 20th, 2016, 03:35 PM
I'll have to check it out when I go to Heerlen or Maastricht, I'm Belgian. Thanks, ladies!

@Bezumi I was also taught to shampoo all the way to the ends, by my mom! She only does it once a week herself, though. Her scalp is way less oily than mine. She grows her hair all the way to waist without even thinking about it!

lapushka
September 20th, 2016, 03:48 PM

Colruyt's bioplanet has Urtekram - it is a good one!

Moonfall
September 21st, 2016, 01:18 PM
I'm definitely following this thread! I haven't been able to find anything my hair really likes. So far, I think the Argan Conditioner from Dr Organic (got it at De Tuinen) has worked best for me. I now use another product I got while I was abroad this summer, though.

I have also noticed TK Maxx sells a lot of hair products and brands that I haven't been able to find in other stores here. The thing is, the products TK Maxx sells are mostly things they only sell for a limited time. That means a lot of online product researching while I'm at the store, and I haven't had the patience to look up every product. However, I have seen some brands that are often mentioned on TLHC :)