PDA

View Full Version : Cleansing "Milk"

animetor7
September 7th, 2016, 03:46 PM
Hey all! Over the winter I transitioned to washing my hair once a week using shampoo bars, but for the Summer that wasn't enough cleansing to deal with the oilies. So I tried using CO once a week but that wasn't quite enough cleansing either. So I made what I've been calling a cleansing "milk" by mixing one part each VO5 conditioner, Shea moisture shampoo, and water. It seems to be a better cleanse than CO but not as drying or as cleansing as shampooing again. Has anyone else made something like this? What do y'all think?

mizukitty
September 7th, 2016, 03:52 PM
I'm the type of person who loves to mix random things and concoct whatever I can, but I've never tried this! I think it's a great idea, though. I'll try it next time I wash my hair and report back!

missrandie
September 7th, 2016, 04:35 PM
I have tried something similar with shampoo and conditioner, though I used my Mane n Tail shampoo and Suave conditioner. Less shampoo and more conditioner.

ephemeri
September 7th, 2016, 04:49 PM
Yes, I definitely do this sometimes when I feel like I need to wash my hair but I don't want to strip it too much. :o I just mix a little shampoo in with my conditioner and cleanse as usual, followed by more conditioner.

It works pretty well!

Deborah
September 7th, 2016, 08:11 PM
Sounds like it is working fine for your hair. That's all that matters.

Llama
September 11th, 2016, 06:45 AM
Sounds kinda like those 2-in-1 bottles you see at the store. I have never had luck with those.
If it works for you then keep at it! 😀

lapushka
September 11th, 2016, 06:50 AM
Sounds kinda like those 2-in-1 bottles you see at the store. I have never had luck with those.
If it works for you then keep at it! ��

Yes, I think it's like a basic 2-in-1, pretty much. ;)

Kajzh
September 11th, 2016, 09:55 AM
I already use a conditioner with extra surfactants in it, so it's designed for cowashing and I don't have to add any shampoo to it. But if I want a gentler, less builduppy wash, I add water or vinegar to it.

animetor7
September 11th, 2016, 11:32 AM
If it works for you then keep at it! ��

Yes, I think it's like a basic 2-in-1, pretty much. ;)

A bit like that, except I use this more like a first C in CO washing and follow with a conditioner. Also it's made with an extremely gentle shampoo not a harsh, sulfatey one as the regular 2 in ones tend to be. So I guess a method of diluting shampoo essentially.