PDA

View Full Version : Should I Keep It Or Donate It? (Product)

Complexity
September 7th, 2016, 12:55 PM
I decided that 3:30am was a perfectly normal time to start decluttering the washroom this morning, and I found a whole bunch of things that I'd completely forgotten about!

Most things were super clear in the keep/donate department, but I found this one item that I'm unsure of... It's called OSiS Scream all round cream and it's by Schwarzkopf. I got it when I worked in a salon (which seems like forever ago now), but I couldn't find anything on it when I did a quick search (super early this morning, so it very well could be somewhere and I missed it) so it may be discontinued now. It's got cones (which is fine), but it's the alcohols and other stuff I'm unsure of (I don't know yet which alcohols are fatty and which are drying). It's been long enough that I can't even remember if my hair liked it back then. Help?

Here's the ingredients list:
Aqua (Water), alcohol denat (SD alcohol 39-C) cyclopentasiloxane, dimethiconol, bis-phenylpropyl, dimethicone, methoxy peg/ppg-7/3 aminopropyl dimethicone, polyquaternium-46, polyachylamide, amodimethicone, tocopheryl acetate, panthenol, hydrolyzed wheat gluten, peg-40 hydrogenated castor oil, C13-14 isoparaffin, laureth-7, cetrimonium chloride, trideceth-12, parfum (fragrance).

Anything in there I should be concerned about? TIA :)

sarahthegemini
September 7th, 2016, 01:04 PM
Alcohol denat is a very drying alcohol if I'm not mistaken.

MsPharaohMoan
September 7th, 2016, 01:20 PM
http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/

use this to search any ingredients you are concerned about. Awesome database meant to inform buyers!

lapushka
September 7th, 2016, 01:46 PM
If it's a leave-in cream, just a tiny bit is used... I wouldn't worry about it, and use it up!

Carolyn
September 7th, 2016, 02:42 PM
I have never found any place that will take donations of partially used hair products. I was told they would throw out anything that appeared to have been opened and used. I have no idea how they could tell if things had been used once or not. I have one friend who will take my rejects and try them out. Otherwise I just close my eyes and throw bottles in the trash.

Complexity
September 7th, 2016, 02:53 PM
Shelters here will take anything, so I'm in luck there.

It is a leave in (that can apparently be used on wet or dry hair). I can't remember how I used to use it.

Thanks for the link!