PDA

View Full Version : Wedding hair help

Eas693
August 28th, 2016, 03:54 PM
So my fiancé and I decided to skip the whole big wedding thing and elope in Vegas on Tuesday. The problem is I'm growing out a pixie and my hair is in a super awkward stage. The front is just touching my chin while the sides are between the top of my ear and bottom depending on the layer. I have two cowlicks, one in the front and he other in the back so my hair goes 20 different directions. When it is super short you can't tell and when it is long it is weighed down and you can't tell. Right now you can tell...

I have no idea what to do with my hair for the wedding?! Any advice? Suggestions? I really don't any to cut off months of progress, but our pictures will be around forever obviously.

Anyone do this for their wedding?

lapushka
August 28th, 2016, 04:00 PM
It's kind of hard to picture your hair and give advise, for me at least - do you perhaps have a picture? :)

Eas693
August 28th, 2016, 04:02 PM
If you look at my profile picture with my son that's it but about an inch longer. I would take another but I'm out and about buying a dress, nail color, makeup etc...

Eas693
August 28th, 2016, 04:03 PM
My avatar is what it looks like too. That was about a month ago so maybe a half of inch longer...

lapushka
August 28th, 2016, 04:07 PM
If you look at my profile picture with my son that's it but about an inch longer. I would take another but I'm out and about buying a dress, nail color, makeup etc...

It looks pretty just like that! :D I mean it. It's lovely!!!

Groovy Granny
August 28th, 2016, 04:47 PM
That is cute :)

Maybe put a bit of texture cream in to highlight what you want in the style (lift in the fringe etc) and .....enjoy the day.

Congrats; wishing you many years of happiness :cheer:

Mufasa
August 28th, 2016, 05:12 PM
I think your hair looks nice! Perhaps if you feel like doing something, you could purchase a wedding headband or hair accessory. If you look on Pinterest or google imagesfor "pixie wedding headband," there's a lot of inspiration that might give you an idea for something you envision yourself wearing on your big day. Congratulations on your wedding day!

Groovy Granny
August 28th, 2016, 05:22 PM
I think your hair looks nice! Perhaps if you feel like doing something, you could purchase a wedding headband or hair accessory. If you look on Pinterest or google imagesfor "pixie wedding headband," there's a lot of inspiration that might give you an idea for something you envision yourself wearing on your big day. Congratulations on your wedding day!

That's a great idea :thumbsup:

kattmara
August 28th, 2016, 05:29 PM
I don't think it looks awkward at all actually! The texture of your hair in your profile picture makes it look effortless. If you feel that the side or sides are bothering you if you are used to having them shorter maybe you could use some sort of hair flowers or jewelry, a lot of pretty stuff came up when I just searched "wedding hair" on Etsy! It depends on your style as well, what do you prefer or what will you be wearing?

yogagirl
August 28th, 2016, 05:54 PM
I vote for adding jeweled bobby pins or other decorative clips. There is a ton of styles to choose from and you should be able to find something if you search for wedding hair clips. A fancy headband is also a great idea!

Eas693
August 28th, 2016, 10:42 PM
Thank you guys! I'm glad someone likes my hair because at the moment I feel like it is a mess. I bought Jeweled Bobby pins and a heeled head band today. Also a texturizer. Tomorrow in the hotel I will play around and see what works.

As for my dress it's a short black and white jeweled dress that puffs out at the bottom (Heesh I am so not girly enough to k ow the names of styles... Can you tell? Lol)

I will post pictures on Tuesday (wedding day)

Thanks for the help and the well wishes. I love this community!

Miss P
August 28th, 2016, 11:05 PM
Maybe check out Whippycake and see if any of her tutorials appeal

yogagirl
August 29th, 2016, 06:08 AM
Sounds beautiful! Have a wonderful wedding day! Enjoy! :heartbeat :toast:

samanthaa
August 29th, 2016, 07:53 AM
Excited to see your pictures! Congratulations :)

Groovy Granny
August 29th, 2016, 12:31 PM
Thank you guys! I'm glad someone likes my hair because at the moment I feel like it is a mess. I bought Jeweled Bobby pins and a heeled head band today. Also a texturizer. Tomorrow in the hotel I will play around and see what works.

As for my dress it's a short black and white jeweled dress that puffs out at the bottom (Heesh I am so not girly enough to k ow the names of styles... Can you tell? Lol)

I will post pictures on Tuesday (wedding day)

Thanks for the help and the well wishes. I love this community!

Sounds like a great plan...I am sure you will be beautiful!

Have a spectacular day; looking forward to pics :popcorn:

Johannah
August 29th, 2016, 12:42 PM
I'm curious for the pictures! I love how your hair looks, not weird at all!

Eas693
September 1st, 2016, 09:16 PM
I think I got how to add pics correctly

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24448&d=1472785963

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24447&d=1472785961

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24446&d=1472785954

I also uploaded an album with a couple more
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24443&d=1472785896

Temme
September 2nd, 2016, 05:24 AM
Oh my God! You look so pretty! Congratulations!

morrigan*
September 2nd, 2016, 06:20 AM
You look really pretty, and your dress is awesome. Congratulations :toast:

lapushka
September 2nd, 2016, 06:23 AM
Very pretty! :D

Lisa Long4Life
September 2nd, 2016, 12:14 PM
aww lovely :heart:

Groovy Granny
September 2nd, 2016, 12:57 PM
What a pretty look ~ congratulations to you both!
Wishing you many years of happiness :bottomsup:

Eas693
September 4th, 2016, 03:52 PM
Thanks everyone!!! Guess it proves we worry about too much at times

PixieP
September 4th, 2016, 03:59 PM
Your hair looked lovely! And I love your dress!

lunalocks
September 4th, 2016, 06:11 PM
VERY sweet! And boy are you smart. Wish I had eloped. Even my "simple" wedding was fraught with drama.

besrt wished to you.

hobbitlocks
September 4th, 2016, 07:20 PM
What lovely pictures! I love the combo of the headband and twists. You look beautiful!

mindwiped
September 6th, 2016, 05:19 AM
I'm a late arriver, I guess happy one week anniversary! I think everything looked perfect, including the happy bride. I'd wanted to elope, my hubby thought I'd miss the experience. I guess his grandmother regretted not having a full church service. Fifteen years later, I'd still almost rather had Spock marry us in Vegas, LOL

Eas693
September 6th, 2016, 06:23 PM
Yeah we decided to skip the drama and save the money. He is from New Caledonia (French island near Australia). So his friends and family couldn't be around (cheaply). My mother I love her but she is drama, so that wasn't looking positive. We decided just to do us and go to vegas. We chose a funky venue that still had traditional elements, like an actual minister and a small archway to say vows under. I truly love our photos and the day. No offense to those who choose to have the large wedding but going small we had the energy to celebrate just us after. Plus running around Vegas all fancy was really fun!

Thanks again for all the compliments I really just threw it together and decided it was fine.