PDA

View Full Version : Post pics of your thin and/or fine hair

CreatureBailey
August 26th, 2016, 04:33 PM
Hi :P So yeah my hair is thin and fine and I don't always feel good about it...like I'm like ''omg it's super long but it's so thin and fine it's freaking floating it does not feel awesome or anything'' and like yeah it just.. uugghh. There's nothing i can do about it cause it's genetics... Like the only time it LOOKS like something it's when it gets all fluffy but if it's perfectly combed and detangled it's like it's just like meehh.. like ... it's long but it's not impressive to me cause it's just like...some people have hair as long as mine but its so thick or coarse like you can tell its heavy and stuff but mine ... its not pitiful either..i know some girls their hair is pitifully thin and fine...like pitifully...like if they braid all their hair it`s like not even 1 cm thick... mine isnt like that but its not thick and coarse enough like its so frustrating at times...

So if anyone else is like me I'd like to see your hair so it could encourage me cause I'd know that if other people with fine thin hair like me dont give up on this journey and are all into it and stuff it will remind me that I can to... :P

PamelaViktoria
August 26th, 2016, 07:32 PM
I had a bald spot it was so thin... it gets better as your body gets stronger. Just be patient :)

Arctic
August 27th, 2016, 04:23 AM
Well you could a) change your selftalk and b) stop insulting people with thinner than your own hair, especially when at the same time you are asking them to post pictures and lift you up. Here at LHC we celebrate all kinds of hair.

I'll leave this link here to a recent thread, where you can see pictures of beautiful fine and thin hair. http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=139422

CreatureBailey
August 27th, 2016, 07:17 AM
I didn't mean to sound like I'm insulting people with thinner hair... x( I never saw it that way actually.

ravenheather
August 27th, 2016, 08:14 AM
I didn't mean to sound like I'm insulting people with thinner hair... x( I never saw it that way actually.

Not sure how "pitifully thin and fine" could be taken any other way.

sarahthegemini
August 27th, 2016, 10:11 AM
Well you could a) change your selftalk and b) stop insulting people with thinner than your own hair, especially when at the same time you are asking them to post pictures and lift you up. Here at LHC we celebrate all kinds of hair.

I'll leave this link here to a recent thread, where you can see pictures of beautiful fine and thin hair. http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=139422

Not sure how "pitifully thin and fine" could be taken any other way.

My thoughts exactly. Why would anyone post photos of their thin hair to make you feel better after you so rudely insulted theirs?

CreatureBailey
August 27th, 2016, 05:32 PM
When I said the 1 cm thing I didn't mean them cause I don't know them I meant other people I saw in person

school of fish
August 27th, 2016, 05:58 PM
When I said the 1 cm thing I didn't mean them cause I don't know them I meant other people I saw in person

With respect, I believe you're missing the point. It doesn't matter *who* has 1cm thickness hair, whether they're on this forum or not. What other members have pointed out is that it's insensitive to refer to *anyone* else's hair as "pitifully thin". And it's self-defeating to refer to one's *own* hair as "pitiful" as well.

If you search the forum there are already countless threads devoted to accepting and celebrating fine and thin hair, many with photos. The tone of these threads is overwhelmingly supportive. You've been directed to one of them above.

I do understand the desire to draw inspiration and encouragement from others as you grow - we all do that here ;) But asking for support while saying what amounts to 'well at least my hair isn't as pitiful as a 1cm braid' in a hair forum where plenty of members have a 1cm braid is at best unconstructive and at worst offensive. Even if offense wasn't intended, can you see how it sounds? Imagine how it feels.

vampyyri
August 27th, 2016, 06:01 PM
I'm echoing everyone else's advice here, and to add my own two cents: be more careful with your choice of words. "Pitiful" is never a good way to refer to anything, even if it's people in real life or not. People on here are people in real life, there's a living breathing person behind every member who could easily be hurt by this.

CreatureBailey
August 27th, 2016, 06:09 PM
*whimpers* Ish sowwie :boohoo:

sarahthegemini
August 27th, 2016, 06:16 PM

That doesn't make what you said any less hurtful or plain nasty.

You've been given a link for an entire thread dedicated to those with thin and/or fine hair. Perhaps you should browse that and stop thinking about how 'pitiful' other people's hair looks to you :rolleyes:

CreatureBailey
August 27th, 2016, 06:22 PM
I didn't realize it sounded like that i'm sorry :(

MsBubbles
August 27th, 2016, 06:23 PM
I have changed my perception over time. When I first got here (2008!) I was somewhat ashamed of my fine hair and had grown up believing that my Mother's description of my hair represented everybody else's on the planet! After a while of being here and reading some members' opinions, I came to regard my own fine, flyaway hair as something pretty and fairy-like as they did, and found that actually many people here adore that look! Same thing with hair that tapers into fairy-tale-princess like ends, that is, not a thick, blunt hemline at the bottom. I'd LOVE to have a thick, blunt hemline at the bottom, but for me and my genes, it's just not to be!

Also, my significant other happens to go crazy over my very thin twin-braids (if I do them when he's around). He certainly doesn't think they look 'less than' in any way at all, and I'm not about to talk him into thinking otherwise :o. So perceptions of what constitutes perfectly lovely-looking hair are not set in stone, and things you might read in so-called magazines or articles about hair absolutely do not represent what everybody thinks. I think I also grew up believing what a handful of people said about my thin/fine hair. In the end it's just their opinion.

Fine, flyaway or sparse strands can still be plenty healthy strands and beautiful in their own right.

CreatureBailey
August 27th, 2016, 06:34 PM
That's true , it's a good way of seeing it :)

yahirwaO.o
August 27th, 2016, 06:40 PM
I used to be ashamed of my fine hair in the past because a lot of people said it was just ratty and unkempt (classic length with a huge taper of fairty tail ends) also being a guy with a rather shy not enough assertive attitude didn't help and a lot of people literally trashed me!

Then I had an accident and my already fine hair was falling in clumps and had to start all over with a huge chop. I've been taking care of myself first and making monthly trims even since then and my scalp wound and thickness is getting back to its semi original state.

If you dont like your hair or repeat awful labels of people in the past that have said to you isn't really that great, to yourself and others. I know this place is very encouraging and such but the main idea is that you become in peace with your own natural texture and stop comparing your hair to others. Ironically many things that promise to make look thicker in the long term actually makes the opposite.

Lots of people here have the fine thin straight hair type and we like to be proud of it! Sure thick coarse wavy, curly or kiky hair is nice, but our own hair is not less!

Now I have embrace my hair just as it is and looking after it to make it look nice. Sure people still comment both nice and not so nice, but Im the one who is in peace with my own locks!

MsBubbles
August 27th, 2016, 06:43 PM
That's true , it's a good way of seeing it :)

I see we are kind of partially hair-twins. You will find a lot of people here with your hair type with stunning heads of hair! Lots of inspirational heads of hair here for all hair types, thicknesses and stages of health.

Andthetalltrees
August 27th, 2016, 06:57 PM
I have changed my perception over time. When I first got here (2008!) I was somewhat ashamed of my fine hair and had grown up believing that my Mother's description of my hair represented everybody else's on the planet! After a while of being here and reading some members' opinions, I came to regard my own fine, flyaway hair as something pretty and fairy-like as they did, and found that actually many people here adore that look! Same thing with hair that tapers into fairy-tale-princess like ends, that is, not a thick, blunt hemline at the bottom. I'd LOVE to have a thick, blunt hemline at the bottom, but for me and my genes, it's just not to be!

Also, my significant other happens to go crazy over my very thin twin-braids (if I do them when he's around). He certainly doesn't think they look 'less than' in any way at all, and I'm not about to talk him into thinking otherwise :o. So perceptions of what constitutes perfectly lovely-looking hair are not set in stone, and things you might read in so-called magazines or articles about hair absolutely do not represent what everybody thinks. I think I also grew up believing what a handful of people said about my thin/fine hair. In the end it's just their opinion.

Fine, flyaway or sparse strands can still be plenty healthy strands and beautiful in their own right.

I'm decidedly not fine nor thin. But my BF also really likes twin braids, I find it interesting because I've met a couple of guys who really don't like braids at all

lithostoic
August 27th, 2016, 07:28 PM
Although by lhc standards my hair is not thin, that's how everyone else likes to describe it. Makes me feel bad :/ It's definitely thinner than it is naturally though, you can see all the breakage starting at my ears from bleach. So the hair that you see does indeed look thin, though it'll look thicker when it grows out. Still not thick though. It's almost like if your hair isn't thick, it's "thin" and "limp" ugh.

Adorkable One
August 27th, 2016, 09:42 PM
Jesus people can be so touchy. The OP already apologized, as if it was necessary. OP isn't responsible for other people's feelings. Let's stop the witch hunt.

Anyway, having said that, there are plenty of other threads already like this. Use the search function.

CreatureBailey
August 27th, 2016, 10:02 PM

I never thought of the search function hehe :P