PDA

View Full Version : Hairdresser recommendations in London

Dormouse89
August 25th, 2016, 04:06 PM
Hello everyone,

I have been reading this forum for years but this is my first post. I have been following your tips and they really do work! For a long time I had BSL hair but it is now tailbone length. It seemed to go from waist length to tailbone in a matter of months. I love it but do want to trim off 2-3 inches as I last had it cut in December 2014 and the ends are looking a little ratty.

I have walked past hairdressing shops several times but can't work up the courage to go in. I just know I will hear - 'your hair is so long!' as if I never noticed before. :steam I really need someone who understands long hair and won't try to persuade me to have a 'trendy' cut or rip at my hair with a comb. The last time I had it cut, the hairdresser was so rough, it made me cringe.

Any suggestions would be very gratefully received. Money is not an issue (within reason). Thanks.

littlestarface
August 25th, 2016, 04:08 PM
See if there's a george michael salon somewhere, they specialize in long hair.

two_wheels
August 25th, 2016, 04:24 PM
I like Malishi, Snowsfields (near London Bridge). I cut my own hair now, but they were really nice when I used to go, and I never went away disappointed. They are gentle and just get on and do what you ask for.

oh yeah and not crazy money by London standards either!

Dormouse89
August 25th, 2016, 04:34 PM
Thanks - these are really helpful. I'll travel to pretty much anywhere within central London. Would be interested to hear further suggestions.

lapushka
August 26th, 2016, 02:06 AM
Try a barber shop, if you can find one.

Or, try Feye's self trimming method. Your hair is long enough, and you can't possibly fudge this up more than a hairdresser would:
http://feyeselftrim.livejournal.com/

Seeshami
August 26th, 2016, 03:18 PM
I second the Barber as well. My husband's was the last hair professional to cut my hair. Now he refuses to, which is pretty hilarious because "it needs to be long"