PDA

View Full Version : Excited for New NightBlooming Books and Product Giveaway Coming Up!!!

Maelyssa
August 24th, 2016, 10:15 AM
So OMG I'm tremendously excited for the upcoming books being released by Melissa Lynn Herold, owner of NightBlooming's on Etsy. The first book coming out is going to be extremely helpful to most people who come to LHC for advice on hair care because lots of us were first drawn to the site because we needed (or still do need) some tried and tested advice on fixing all the damage done to our hair from products, styling tools and conventional methods of up care marketed to the masses.
Melissa did a great job of rehabbing her hair from a damaged dye job to gorgeous, copper, healthy locks...she's a total inspiration and one of my LHC hair idols!
That's why I put this post in the Mane forum...because even though her methods are natural, the prime audience is anyone looking to improve the quality of their locks. So hopefully the mods feel this is the right place for this to be.

And guess what's the icing on the cake along with the release of the books?

She's doing a giveaway of NightBlooming products as well as something from a Mystery Collaborator. This just makes it even more awesome & exciting...I can't wait!!!

Here are some links to info about the upcoming books...

http://nightbloominggarden.blogspot.com/2016/07/e-book-publishing-announcement.html?m=1

And the product giveaway. Got my fingers crossed for myself on this one so I'm a bit biased. :)

http://nightbloominggarden.blogspot.com/2016/08/rehabilitating-damaged-hair-naturally.html?m=1

Squee...can't wait to get these books!

krissykins
August 24th, 2016, 10:27 AM
I'm SO EXCITED for this and I'm really proud of Nightshade for this amazing milestone in her life. :flower:

Phalaenopsis
August 24th, 2016, 11:12 AM
That article helped me so much back in the day. I had ruined my hair with honeybleach. That article stopped me from cutting it all off, which I am so grateful for now (damage has been grown out!). So awesome to read that now she turned that article into a 70 page book! :eek:

Can't wait to see the books!

Johannah
August 24th, 2016, 11:15 AM
This sounds reaaally nice!! If I can (read: < €22 because customs... arghhh) I'll definitely buy this!

Maelyssa
August 24th, 2016, 11:19 AM
I'm so proud of her too! I've asked her so many questions & she's patiently answered them all. Her products are the only leave-in's I've used for years and my scalp & hair are finally where I want them to be (well except longer lol).
This is such an amazing accomplishment for her!

Phalaenopsis
August 24th, 2016, 11:25 AM
This sounds reaaally nice!! If I can (read: < €22 because customs... arghhh) I'll definitely buy this!

Hey Johannah,
I think it's an e-book, so no customs :)
And if you win a prize, I am sure it's marked as a gift, so no customs either ^^

Johannah
August 24th, 2016, 11:33 AM
Hey Johannah,
I think it's an e-book, so no customs :)
And if you win a prize, I am sure it's marked as a gift, so no customs either ^^

Wow I just realized I totally misinterpreted that part in the blog! Woops!

Blonde girl. Not my fault, you know. :lol:

Maelyssa
August 25th, 2016, 05:21 AM
Yes they're definitely e-books so we should all have access with no worries.

summergame
August 29th, 2016, 05:31 AM
I am very curious too for this book! Have brittle hair now after the hudge hairloss, maybe I will get good tips for that! :)

krissykins
August 30th, 2016, 04:37 PM
Okay, so it looks like all of the products included in the giveaway have been released. I feel like I need to place an order from Grah-toe Studios now. :lol: The comb that she posted today looks delightful!

ephemeri
August 30th, 2016, 05:28 PM
I'm SO EXCITED for this and I'm really proud of Nightshade for this amazing milestone in her life. :flower:

Hold the phone! Nightshade runs the Nightblooming etsy shop?

krissykins
August 30th, 2016, 06:43 PM
Hold the phone! Nightshade runs the Nightblooming etsy shop?

Yessirreebob! That's the same woman who spends too much time talking about henna on LHC. :lol:

Nightshade
August 30th, 2016, 06:45 PM
Yessirreebob! That's the same woman who spends too much time talking about henna on LHC. :lol:

*opens mouth to protest*

*looks at post count*

*shuts mouth and goes and makes more tea*

krissykins
August 30th, 2016, 06:51 PM
*opens mouth to protest*

*looks at post count*

*shuts mouth and goes and makes more tea*

Get back to packing! We're all running low on hair salve! :whip:

maborosi
August 30th, 2016, 09:44 PM
I am so beyond stoked for this :D

Maelyssa
August 31st, 2016, 12:46 PM
The book's release date is today. Once I get out of work I've got to get my copy. Nightshade has given some AMAZING advice to everyone & her Nightblooming products are on point. Can't wait for the book as the prizes are out of this world!

Maelyssa
August 31st, 2016, 12:59 PM
OMG I just realized that I had my dates goofed up & it launched YESTERDAY! Giant head palm!

Nightshade
August 31st, 2016, 01:24 PM
OMG I just realized that I had my dates goofed up & it launched YESTERDAY! Giant head palm!

No, you're right! :) It was technically today, but since the files can take up to 24 hours to show on Amazon they were uploaded a day in advance. They just came through a little early.

Hailwidis
August 31st, 2016, 01:42 PM
I've entered :) really excited about this.

DweamGoiL
August 31st, 2016, 02:52 PM
Awww...all the best in your new venture, Melissa!!! *hugz*

summergame
August 31st, 2016, 02:56 PM
I couldn't enter to participate, the form was staying gray and I could not type something and now it said that I have already 1 entry... I send a message, hope it will go next time :) .
The book is amazing I must say! So much tips and tricks that I didn't know!

Vanilla
August 31st, 2016, 07:43 PM
I love this e-book! Tons of super useful advice and great information.

I also tried to comment using rafflecopter and had the blank entry error. I did comment using Google, hopefully it went through.

Nightshade
August 31st, 2016, 08:07 PM
I love this e-book! Tons of super useful advice and great information.

I also tried to comment using rafflecopter and had the blank entry error. I did comment using Google, hopefully it went through.

Just to clarify on the rafflecoptor, you don't comment through it (this confused me, too) :) All you can do is enter your information to register and click "I commented!" and then leave a comment at the bottom of the blog post :) There's no way for rafflecoptor to force you to actually leave a comment, it just assumes you've done so when you click the button.

I hope that clarifies!

Vanilla
September 1st, 2016, 05:57 AM
Thanks, it does clarify!

ephemeri
September 1st, 2016, 03:16 PM

That is so cool! I really didn't know that.

Bought the book. Am reading it and loving it. Will enter the giveaway and I'm super excited about it. Congrats Nightshade!!

ephemeri
September 1st, 2016, 03:55 PM
I used my real name for Rafflecopter but my LHC name for my blog comment.... eek. Hopefully that's ok. :o

Rhoward
September 1st, 2016, 06:05 PM
The damaged hair book is BRILLIANT I'm loving it and I'm so excited to buy the henna book at the end of the month! :D

Maelyssa
September 1st, 2016, 06:50 PM
I'm another in the boat of hoping they entered correctly but not sure. I've had a beast of a week where I've found I'm not thinking clearly at all. I've got my fingers crossed that I did it right.

Nightshade
September 1st, 2016, 07:24 PM
You two both are fine, no worries!

Anje
September 1st, 2016, 07:30 PM
Mod note: Probably best to message her through the blog or Etsy, folks. Part of trying to keep the site from getting too commercial is to limit the vendor-client types of interactions. If you ask through the sales sites, it makes it much easier for everyone who sells things to keep interacting on LHC as members instead of salespeople.

krissykins
September 2nd, 2016, 08:30 AM
Anje, can I still whip her and tell her to go back to work? :p

Anje
September 2nd, 2016, 08:37 AM
If florenonite hasn't already locked her in the basement.

Maelyssa
September 2nd, 2016, 12:25 PM
You two both are fine, no worries!

Yay! Sooo relieved and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the book! So happy you came out with this. I actually have an almost teen daughter who tried benign neglect with her thick, curly hair over the past two years & yeah didn't go well so now she's trying to get a good routine going. I'm going to sit down with her & go over some stuff about her hair type to help. :)

Kitten1030
September 3rd, 2016, 09:27 AM
Loving the book so far, can't wait until the herbal hair care book comes out!

krissykins
September 5th, 2016, 11:32 AM
It looks like today is the last day to enter the giveaway! How many of y'all entered?

Maelyssa
September 6th, 2016, 11:38 AM
I entered and I'm sooo dying to see who won what. The prizes are absolutely amazing...all of them! Of course I'm keeping my fingers crossed but good luck to everyone. :)

summergame
September 6th, 2016, 12:14 PM
You can see it already on the post she made where you could enter. On the screen are the mentioned names. :)

Kimberly
September 6th, 2016, 02:28 PM
Congrats to the author on her new published works!

Maelyssa
September 6th, 2016, 08:29 PM
Omg I won the grand prize comb! Holy wow I can't wait for it to get here. I don't do many contests and this absolutely just made my day.

summergame
September 7th, 2016, 01:16 AM
Omg I won the grand prize comb! Holy wow I can't wait for it to get here. I don't do many contests and this absolutely just made my day.

Congrats!!! :flower:

morrigan*
September 7th, 2016, 01:38 AM
I won tulipwood detangler, really excited :joy:

parkmikii
September 7th, 2016, 09:36 AM
Congrats! ♥

Maelyssa
September 7th, 2016, 01:31 PM
Congrats!!! :flower:

Thank you so much! I feel like the luckiest ever! :) :) :)

Maelyssa
September 7th, 2016, 01:31 PM

Omg congrats to you! Enjoy!

morrigan*
September 7th, 2016, 11:33 PM
Thank you Maelyssa, congrats to you too.

hobbitlocks
September 8th, 2016, 06:57 PM
I was just wondering if any LHCers won- Congrsts! those combs are both so beautiful you are sure to enjoy them!

krissykins
September 8th, 2016, 07:00 PM

Yay, I'm happy for you! That comb looks amazing.

Maelyssa
September 12th, 2016, 06:56 AM
Thanks so much ladies! My comb should arrive in the post today last I checked. I'm over the moon & can't wait. I'm also really looking forward to her next book due to release very very soon. :)

Maelyssa
September 15th, 2016, 05:29 AM
So OMG the comb has arrived & it's AH-MAZING! It's simply stunning & yes, I took in to work to show off...LOL! It sits in my hand perfectly but with the way it's carved I have the best hold on it & it just glides through my hair. I tell you, the combination of this comb, Max Green Alchemy shampoo & conditioner (which was personally recommended by Nightshade) plus NightBlooming's Freya salve and my hair is doing amazing!
So so grateful!

The weather has been either hazy or rainy here since it's arrived by I'll have to get a photo of it in person & post it...it's more beautiful in person than in pics, I swear! :) :)

Maelyssa
September 27th, 2016, 07:00 AM
So I didn't get to mention this on the eve of the release because I was in surgery yesterday but the second hair book was released today and yes, another awesome contest with prizes to go with.

Nightshade has become the henna guru here and also has an etsy shop where yo can pick up her books as well as henna, oils and other great hair goodies. I just bought my copy of the book and can't wait to dive in.

If you're at all considering henna or herbal haircolor or if you already do but want to improve your experience...go grab this book!

krissykins
September 27th, 2016, 02:02 PM

I missed your post! Did you get your comb yet?? Congrats!

I'm really excited about this henna book as well. I will be picking up a copy tonight. :disco:

hayheadsbird
September 27th, 2016, 02:29 PM
Just got copies of both on my kindle, excited to read 😄

Rhoward
September 27th, 2016, 09:10 PM
Just downloaded mine as well, so excited to read it. :happydance:

krissykins
October 3rd, 2016, 10:24 PM
Oh my goodness, there is so much information in the henna book. :thud: I still haven't finished it, but I'm learning a lot about henna. Where was this book when I hennaed my hair two years ago? :p

Did anyone enter the giveaway?

Maelyssa
October 4th, 2016, 05:14 AM
I'm do thrilled with the henna book. I learned so much and I especially appreciate the different techniques for roots only coloring.

krissykins
October 11th, 2016, 09:01 PM
Just curious, did any LHCers win a prize from the henna book giveaway?

morrigan*
October 13th, 2016, 10:19 AM
yes i won ayuverdic cleansing hair kit :joy:

Hailwidis
October 13th, 2016, 10:23 AM
Congrats morrigan! I won the argan rosemary mud. I can't wait to try it!

morrigan*
October 24th, 2016, 10:28 PM
Hailwidis that sounds divine.