PDA

View Full Version : Monistat application questions

UrbanEast
August 23rd, 2016, 04:55 PM
Former classic length here who experienced really bad hair loss last year. Most of my remaining hair is at APL. :(

I'm just starting to use Monistat but am unclear on exactly how it's applied. The Youtube application videos are all private. I've read much of the main monistat thread but if you could answer any of these questions, I'd be very grateful.

-Do you massage it into the scalp after you apply it?

-How much of the tube do you put on per application? 1/3? 1/2? more?

-Do you have to part your hair lengthwise 7 or 8 different times to make sure it's distributed throughout the scalp? Or are 2-3 parts enough?

-Does hair have to be washed before or after application? Or can you wash it once a week and still apply the Monistat 2-3 times a week?

Thanks in advance!

Obsidian
August 23rd, 2016, 07:49 PM
Ive only used it a couple times but this is how I did it.

-Roughly a 1" long squeeze mixed with water until it creamy but not too thin.
-apply with a long tip bottle, I never really divided my hair. I just used the tip to apply it all over.
-I did massage it in for 5 minutes or so
-you will need to wash it out. It creep up the hair and makes it really gross looking. I left mine in overnight, washed first thing in the morning.

slynr
August 23rd, 2016, 07:53 PM
I did it for a while but made it a bit thinner. I did not have to wash it out. I just divided sections parallel to my scalp one side to the other and applied it just tapping it in more than massaging.

I got good results but too lazy to keep it up.

Good luck and hope it works for you:)

Sterlyn
August 23rd, 2016, 09:30 PM
I can add that I used this in an on/off cycle. I'd apply for about 2 weeks, 2-3 times a week, then I would take a break for a few weeks. It seemed I had an initial growth spurt, but if I used it continually that would taper off. I had decent results with monistat.

I applied it just like Obsidian , usually the night before wash day, then washed the next morning because it made my hair gross too.