PDA

View Full Version : Can I just say I think I have finally found my holy grail...

H o n є y ❤
August 23rd, 2016, 11:20 AM
Because this is literally the best product I have ever used in my life! Recommended by lapushka and others, I went out and bought Herbal Essences Hello Hydration conditioner thinking that it wouldn't do much but maybe add a little bit of moisture to my hair. I've been using it for the past couple of days and all I have to say is that I am amazed! Some people say there is no miracle product but to me this is my miracle product. It does everything I need it to. It makes my hair soft and defines my curls so well and eliminates frizz. It is the only product I use in my hair. The less products I have to use, the happier I am! Why didn't I try this before? I thought all the rave about this product was all hype. I will officially be returning to cones! :D Thanks lapushka :D

Before, using V05 conditioner:
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g278/frazierkala/Mobile%20Uploads/20160819_161953_zpskfecmlqv.jpg (http://s58.photobucket.com/user/frazierkala/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160819_161953_zpskfecmlqv.jpg.html)

After using Hello Hydration:
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g278/frazierkala/Mobile%20Uploads/20160823_112403_zpswwi0garu.jpg (http://s58.photobucket.com/user/frazierkala/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160823_112403_zpswwi0garu.jpg.html)

Sorry the pictures are so huge. :hmm:

Anje
August 23rd, 2016, 11:28 AM
Holy cow! That's an amazing difference in curl definition! Are you leaving a bunch in? (I use it too, and find that it's one of the few conditioners I can only half-rinse out and still get hair that feels nice once it's dried. But my hair texture is quite different, and "definition" on straightish hair basically means stringy, so I don't leave much.)

I do like it in the VO5 TWA mode, too, but it's a different look.

mizukitty
August 23rd, 2016, 11:37 AM
Lovely curl definition!! You have very pretty curls :) Glad you found something that works!

triumphator!
August 23rd, 2016, 11:44 AM
Woah, you definitely found a winner! Make sure to note the ingredients that work for you - for science!! :eyebrows:

Obsidian
August 23rd, 2016, 12:56 PM
Your curls look great, so sleek and shiny.

Apolli
August 23rd, 2016, 12:58 PM
Oh my goodness! That's a huge difference (the before picture was very pretty too :) ). I might pick this up if I can sometime to try, I think. Congrats on finding a product that works so well for your hair! Lovely ringlets!

missmagoo
August 23rd, 2016, 12:59 PM
Wow! I might have to pull the trigger on that one. I've realized my hair needs cones too. My environment is just way too dry not to use cones

H o n є y ❤
August 23rd, 2016, 01:12 PM
Thanks guys! I also like the before picture as well. Because I like the fluffy look so I will still be wearing it that way but I'm just so surprised by how well this conditioner defined my curls.

Anje, I haven't used it as a cowash yet. I've only used it as a leave in/styler so yes there's quite a bit in there.

H o n є y ❤
August 23rd, 2016, 01:16 PM
Woah, you definitely found a winner! Make sure to note the ingredients that work for you - for science!! :eyebrows:
I will definitely do that! I hope to find an actual deep conditioner with similar ingredients if this one doesn't work well as a DC.

mermaid lullaby
August 23rd, 2016, 01:52 PM
Love your hair honey, looks so healthy! :crush:

lapushka
August 23rd, 2016, 02:01 PM
OMG! :shocked: Look at those curls *pop*! Yes, girl! :D :applause

Yes, I love my HH! This week I added it to the last bits of my last conditioner, and it makes such a difference. There are things that are comparable to my HH, but it is not quite the same, I find, once I go back to it. So far, nothing has totally replaced it.

Kiiruna
August 23rd, 2016, 02:06 PM
Looks super awesome!

gthlvrmx
August 23rd, 2016, 07:14 PM
I'm glad it worked out for you! I use hello hydration as well and it makes my hair really soft. Your results have convinced me to try using it as a leave in, I'll see what happens :)

Vanilla
August 23rd, 2016, 07:53 PM
Wow. Just. Wow. Gorgeous curls!

spidermom
August 23rd, 2016, 08:14 PM
Very pretty. I bought this recently but have been using up other products before I try it. I hate having too many products sitting around; it makes me feel wasteful.

Daydreamer.
August 24th, 2016, 01:36 AM
Wow, that's a huge difference! It's great that you found a product that works for you! As for me, the search continues...

Elly May
August 24th, 2016, 04:49 AM
Beautiful curls--looks great! I keep hearing such good things about HH that I think I will have to try it once I use up my stash--washing once a week, that takes a very, very long time.... I love your hair, it is so pretty!

Crystawni
August 24th, 2016, 05:15 AM
Awww, that's gorgeous! Such luscious curls! Here's a :thud: just for you to go with the happiness of your holy grail finderage!

Johannah
August 24th, 2016, 05:24 AM
Wow, it's scary how one conditioner can make such a difference! Congrats!

H o n є y ❤
August 24th, 2016, 07:32 AM
OMG! :shocked: Look at those curls *pop*! Yes, girl! :D :applause

Yes, I love my HH! This week I added it to the last bits of my last conditioner, and it makes such a difference. There are things that are comparable to my HH, but it is not quite the same, I find, once I go back to it. So far, nothing has totally replaced it.
What conditioners are similar to HH?

I'm glad it worked out for you! I use hello hydration as well and it makes my hair really soft. Your results have convinced me to try using it as a leave in, I'll see what happens :)
I hope it works for you!

Very pretty. I bought this recently but have been using up other products before I try it. I hate having too many products sitting around; it makes me feel wasteful.
I have been having this problem for a while. I want to hurry and get rid of these old products.

Beautiful curls--looks great! I keep hearing such good things about HH that I think I will have to try it once I use up my stash--washing once a week, that takes a very, very long time.... I love your hair, it is so pretty!
Thank you so much! I hope it works as well for as it does for me.

Awww, that's gorgeous! Such luscious curls! Here's a :thud: just for you to go with the happiness of your holy grail finderage!
Thank you!!

Thanks again everyone! I am very satisfied with this conditioner. I plan to use it all through my grow-out journey. :D

lapushka
August 24th, 2016, 08:16 AM
What conditioners are similar to HH?

The Garnier Whole Blends mythic olive & honey conditioner. The mythic olive one comes closer than the honey one! In the formulations they have in Belgium, at least. I can't speak for other countries. It's called "Ultra Doux" in Belgium & "Loving Blends" in The Netherlands; if I order online it's the Dutch version I get. So those two formulations, it comes *very* close.

Also I recently got a hair mask in a tube from our local Aldi, with argan oil, I believe as the 3rd ingredient. Yes, totally, and that approaches it the best so far. But that's the brand Kyrell, and is only available in Belgian Aldi's. Was I should say, because it was a one off that mask (I stocked up big time).

FrayedFire
January 10th, 2018, 06:19 PM
Before, using V05 conditioner:
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g278/frazierkala/Mobile%20Uploads/20160819_161953_zpskfecmlqv.jpg (http://s58.photobucket.com/user/frazierkala/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160819_161953_zpskfecmlqv.jpg.html)

After using Hello Hydration:
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g278/frazierkala/Mobile%20Uploads/20160823_112403_zpswwi0garu.jpg (http://s58.photobucket.com/user/frazierkala/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160823_112403_zpswwi0garu.jpg.html)

Holy Moly, what a difference. How is this going for you so far? How does it look like if you separate (comb/brush through) the curls when they're conditioned like that?

Ligeia Noire
January 10th, 2018, 07:41 PM
Wow that is like night and day, damn.

chiapommama
January 10th, 2018, 09:31 PM
Looks great.

lapushka
January 16th, 2018, 04:05 AM
Holy Moly, what a difference. How is this going for you so far? How does it look like if you separate (comb/brush through) the curls when they're conditioned like that?

You never want to brush or even comb curls when dry! Always when wet or you'll get a straw-like bush of poof.

Lanalavallama
January 16th, 2018, 09:55 AM
What a lovely result! Thrilled for you, as I appreciate how frustrating it can be.

FrayedFire
January 16th, 2018, 01:59 PM
You never want to brush or even comb curls when dry! Always when wet or you'll get a straw-like bush of poof.

I know, maybe I should have specified that's what I meant.

cathair
January 16th, 2018, 08:10 PM
The Garnier Whole Blends mythic olive & honey conditioner. The mythic olive one comes closer than the honey one! .

You're both tempting me again! The honey one is my current favorite have stuck with it for ages now. Only thing that puts me off is it's coconut smelling isn't it HH? not really a fan of coconut (or honey either really for that matter!). I wish they made one that worked the same with a different smell.

Those curls are so defined and shiny :heartbeat