PDA

View Full Version : blue heron?

helanek
March 21st, 2008, 03:29 PM
i would like to order something from them but i remember people mentioning some problems and delays with orders. any advice?

MusingFrog
March 21st, 2008, 03:48 PM
I've ordered from them several times with no trouble. I would stay away from anything custom or not in stock though. Keep it to in stock and you should be fine.

Delila
March 21st, 2008, 03:54 PM
I don't care what anyone else says. I'm never ordering from them, period. The problems I remember were inexcusably bad, and it's entirely possible to get similar items elsewhere for less money, and apparently less risk.

The owner actually registered here, and asked for advice, which they don't seem to have taken to heart if the continuing stories of trouble are any indication.

helanek
March 21st, 2008, 04:02 PM
well i like the silver fork they have on the website
http://www.blueheronwoods.com/PureSilverHairPin-pr-325.html
is there any other place i could get it?

Hypnotica
March 21st, 2008, 04:06 PM
I have ordered one fork from them, and I didn't have any trouble. In fact, I manage to transfer too much money to them and that was refunded in an hour.

wendyg
March 21st, 2008, 04:23 PM
I've ordered from them twice, and although the items didn't arrive *quickly* they did arrive both times. The owner seems not to respond to email, though.

wg

AmandaPanda
March 21st, 2008, 04:52 PM
They accept paypal. So, you could pay that way, and you could wait up to 45 days and if you still haven't received the item nor heard from them you can proceed with a paypal dispute. If they can't prove they shipped the item, your money will be refunded. You only have 45 days to start the dispute after sending payment.

Ron Quattro (ebay) makes similar hair forks from steel, which is cheaper and more durable. His forks would work better too (bigger space between the prongs)

truepeacenik
March 22nd, 2008, 10:19 AM
given the reputation, I'd ring her up and ASK times, etc.
that will put you to the top of the list, since she'll know you will follow up.

Artisans get caught in situations. It's how they handle the contact that makes or breaks a reputation.

Wavelength
March 22nd, 2008, 10:28 AM
Personally I wouldn't go for a stick that thin in pure silver. Silver tends to be a bit soft. I have a silver hairstick that's about the thickness of a pencil, and I can bend it if I'm not careful.

I second the recommendation to try steel or titanium instead.

trollkjerring
March 22nd, 2008, 12:51 PM
well i like the silver fork they have on the website
http://www.blueheronwoods.com/PureSilverHairPin-pr-325.html
is there any other place i get it?

I am one of the people who had lots of problems in the past with blueheronwood, being in Germany doesn't make it easier.

But, with my last order I managed to get that fork and it is a nice hairtoy but quite heavy. My hair is to short now to use it but I think I will have problems with it cause of the narrow gap.
trollkjerring

ajr
March 24th, 2008, 02:21 AM
But, with my last order I managed to get that fork and it is a nice hairtoy but quite heavy. My hair is to short now to use it but I think I will have problems with it cause of the narrow gap.
trollkjerring

I'd really like one of the decorated forks but thats my worry that the gaps between the prongs are way to narrow. Has anyone else had a problem with this?

Hypnotica
March 24th, 2008, 03:24 AM
I'd really like one of the decorated forks but thats my worry that the gaps between the prongs are way to narrow. Has anyone else had a problem with this?

No. It works fine in my hair.