PDA

View Full Version : Amazing colourful long hair

MlleMC
August 18th, 2016, 02:54 PM
I just found a Buzzfeed article about a woman with knee-length hair who dyes it all colours. It looks absolutely gorgeous.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/gyanyankovich/just-look-at-it-ok?utm_term=.yeJZ9XvGj#.ujd98GJBl

If you want to see some more, she has an Instagram page, where she has posted pictures of many awesome braided hairstyles.

https://www.instagram.com/treelocks/

Enjoy the pictures!

vampyyri
August 18th, 2016, 02:58 PM
Oh my goodness, her hair color actually hurt my eyes it was so vibrant! :lol: Very pretty!

lithostoic
August 18th, 2016, 02:59 PM
Very nice!

Wavelength
August 18th, 2016, 03:01 PM
I'd never do this myself on my own hair, but I love it when other people dye their hair in multiple bright colours. Looks amazing! :grin:

HairPlease
August 18th, 2016, 03:19 PM
Wow. I adore it. I probably wouldn't ever do something like this to my hair, but I love this.

Saige
August 18th, 2016, 07:35 PM
That's incredible!! I love it!

spidermom
August 18th, 2016, 10:40 PM
I would love to do colors like that in my hair.

Quixii
August 18th, 2016, 10:51 PM
I freaking love her hair! I kind wish I could dye my hair that colourfully. Also, that I had someone who wanted to do fun hair-themed photoshoots with me, because that looks lots of fun too.

Doom
August 19th, 2016, 04:22 AM
Wow. That's absolutely awesome.

Floh
August 19th, 2016, 04:28 AM
its spectacular! I love it.

Silverbleed
August 19th, 2016, 04:45 AM
I remember commenting on one of her pictures. She's got lovely hair c: She's also really kind to respond to many questions people ask.

Calypso
August 19th, 2016, 06:13 AM
Her hair is incredible! I've always loved the idea of having such colourful hair, but mine is quite dark naturally and I'm scared to bleach it. :( I've used natural dyes like manic panic and directions before, but they never show up much without bleach.

Horrorpops
August 19th, 2016, 07:03 AM
Her hair is magical!!

Wow!!

calmyogi
August 19th, 2016, 07:06 AM
Wow! That's so cool!

MlleMC
August 19th, 2016, 09:06 AM
Her hair is incredible! I've always loved the idea of having such colourful hair, but mine is quite dark naturally and I'm scared to bleach it. :( I've used natural dyes like manic panic and directions before, but they never show up much without bleach.

I've got the same "problem". But I think someday I'll dye my ends some bright colour, maybe turquoise or purple (or both). I could then just cut it off if the hair is too damaged by bleach or if I get tired of it.

TatsuOni
August 19th, 2016, 09:17 AM
Very cool! :cool:

Climber
August 19th, 2016, 09:40 AM
If I had a lot more time and disposable income, I would pay someone to do that to my hair. Stunning.

meteor
August 19th, 2016, 10:23 AM
STUNNING! :thudpile: All those colors look fantastic! :applause :bowtome:

I wish I could do that to my hair, but I've sworn off bleach and there is no way I'd achieve those colors without it. :(

I'd really love to know her tips and tricks for keeping bleach damage at bay, especially at this length. :D

Sterlyn
August 19th, 2016, 11:23 AM
STUNNING! :thudpile: All those colors look fantastic! :applause :bowtome:

I wish I could do that to my hair, but I've sworn off bleach and there is no way I'd achieve those colors without it. :(

I'd really love to know her tips and tricks for keeping bleach damage at bay, especially at this length. :D

Me too Meteor, I wonder if they would help me deal with the damage I have, which isn't from bleach but I think the results would be similar.

hypersensitive
August 19th, 2016, 12:29 PM
Oh wow! That is amazing! So inspiring too! If you have light hair, take advantage and dye it! Hair grows and your only live once!

PixieP
August 19th, 2016, 12:33 PM
It says she only bleaches her roots in the article :)

*runs off to follow her on instagram*

Calypso
August 19th, 2016, 12:46 PM
Is only bleaching roots fairly safe, then? I always thought any bleaching was damaging... of course, I know you can still bleach and have healthy hair but I've just always been so nervous that all my hair would fall out. :/

PixieP
August 19th, 2016, 01:01 PM
Is only bleaching roots fairly safe, then? I always thought any bleaching was damaging... of course, I know you can still bleach and have healthy hair but I've just always been so nervous that all my hair would fall out. :/

I bleached my hair, with olaplex, this spring, because of the olaplex I haven't had any damage. Still on normal porosity, no more splits or sheds or breakage than before :)

The roots are the healthiest part of the hair, and one round of bleach when the hair is otherwise treated well is not a problem.

lapushka
August 19th, 2016, 03:16 PM
I first thought she'd have pastel colors, because there is another longhair out there with pastel colors, but this... this is *vibrant*! Amazing. Boy, all I can think of is what the upkeep must be like! :lol: The thing I hated most about coloring were root touch-ups every so often, which is also why I stopped coloring, along with the damage it does to the hair (for me anyway).

Seeshami
August 19th, 2016, 03:28 PM
Dr. Technicolor Dream Buns is my favorite multi-color polychromatic expert enabler.
That's right Pastina you're my favorite rainbow and no one rainbows as well as you!

maborosi
August 19th, 2016, 10:38 PM
I love colorful hair- and hers is awesome!

I sometimes really wish I could go turquoise.

Arctic
August 20th, 2016, 06:54 AM
I've got the same "problem". But I think someday I'll dye my ends some bright colour, maybe turquoise or purple (or both). I could then just cut it off if the hair is too damaged by bleach or if I get tired of it.

You know as an older person I have to say that don't wait too long.

First of all these shock colours are in now and have become quite socially acceptable currently, but we can't count that it's the same way forever. Secondly, the older you come the more things like your job can affect your hair choices. Thirdly, to my sadness I found out that the shock colours just don't look very good against aging skin after the age of thirtysomething. They really seem to make aging signs pop on me. This isn't a problem with dyeing the hair far away from face though, and might not be something that bothers everyone. But it sure bothered me, and made me wish I would have dyed with bright colours when I was younger. And of course fourthly, as sad as it is, non of us knows how long we get to keep our hair. There can be numerous reasons that can cause temporary or permanent hair loss or hair type changes or changes in the length our hair can reach to. This is absolutely horrible and depressing thought, and not often talked about, but the truth is, no-one know what the future brings.

So... enjoy your hair and try the fun colours :) That's my middle aged advice!

pastina
August 20th, 2016, 07:59 AM
Aw, thank you Seeshami! ������

Robot Ninja
August 20th, 2016, 08:59 AM
First of all these shock colours are in now and have become quite socially acceptable currently, but we can't count that it's the same way forever.

I dunno, I've noticed that once something "weird" becomes socially acceptable people start seeing it as normal and it remains acceptable. Remember when nail polish in colors other than pink, red, and beige was weird? Now I see soccer moms with blue nails. Or when men with long hair were seen as subversive? These days you see businessmen wearing ponytails. The trend-chasers will give up on colorful hair eventually, but I think the people who just love colorful hair and were too afraid to do it before it became commonplace or just didn't realize they could have unnatural colors without bleaching their hair into oblivion aren't going to stop.

Thirdly, to my sadness I found out that the shock colours just don't look very good against aging skin after the age of thirtysomething. They really seem to make aging signs pop on me. This isn't a problem with dyeing the hair far away from face though, and might not be something that bothers everyone. But it sure bothered me, and made me wish I would have dyed with bright colours when I was younger.

That depends on your skin tone and what colors you use. I've seen women older than you with bright colors in their grey hair and they looked amazing. Crayola-bright colors might be aging, but if that bothers you darker or more muted colors are still an option, and of course if you're grey you can do pastels.

lapushka
August 20th, 2016, 09:19 AM
Already have the long hair, my color now is dark chocolate balayaged ombre http://hairstylezz.com/best-reverse-ombre-hair-ideas/5/ The rainbow colours looks so amazing, but I'm 34 years old and I'm afraid that colleagues at my work do not understand me

Maybe I'm understanding this wrong, but are you the rainbow lady with the long hair? And are you saying you have dark brown hair now? :confused:

Welcome, BTW!

MidnightMoon
August 20th, 2016, 01:22 PM
I think she meant that from what would be needed to get this style (long hair, bright colours) she already has the "long hair" but wouldn't do the colours because of her job...perhaps? :confused:

lapushka
August 20th, 2016, 02:38 PM
I think she meant that from what would be needed to get this style (long hair, bright colours) she already has the "long hair" but wouldn't do the colours because of her job...perhaps? :confused:

Oh if that's the case, then I'm totally misunderstanding! :o

MlleMC
August 20th, 2016, 04:44 PM
You know as an older person I have to say that don't wait too long.

First of all these shock colours are in now and have become quite socially acceptable currently, but we can't count that it's the same way forever. Secondly, the older you come the more things like your job can affect your hair choices. Thirdly, to my sadness I found out that the shock colours just don't look very good against aging skin after the age of thirtysomething. They really seem to make aging signs pop on me. This isn't a problem with dyeing the hair far away from face though, and might not be something that bothers everyone. But it sure bothered me, and made me wish I would have dyed with bright colours when I was younger. And of course fourthly, as sad as it is, non of us knows how long we get to keep our hair. There can be numerous reasons that can cause temporary or permanent hair loss or hair type changes or changes in the length our hair can reach to. This is absolutely horrible and depressing thought, and not often talked about, but the truth is, no-one know what the future brings.

So... enjoy your hair and try the fun colours :) That's my middle aged advice!

The main reason why I'm waiting is because at the moment I'm not ready to cut any length. I want to get to my goal first (it hasn't all that far either, probably one more year, at most two).

I'd like a dark turquoise or purple, and I know both of these colours go very well with my skin, so I'm not to worried about that. And even if it didn't go well, I'm a bit past classic length, so it wouldn't be anywhere near my face. :wink:

Oh, and about the job, I have a permanent job that I don't plan to leave anytime soon. The dress code is very relaxed, to the point that I work barefoot most days during the summer, and in slippers the rest of the year, and most employees are in their twenties or early thirties (including the management team and the boss). So really, I don't see how my hair choices could affect my job at the moment.

Sterlyn
August 20th, 2016, 06:18 PM
As for the age and bright colors question. I started doing them at 50. Some colors went with my skin tone better than others but I found people complimented it whether it was dark crayola blue/green/purple or the the pastel colors I now have. I had very elderly women tell me they loved my hair color. I am not one to care much whether people will approve or not of my appearance but I was genuinely surprised at the huge level of acceptance I got with the bright colors, much more than when I let it go silver or grew it long.

ETA: I keep forgetting my point when I post lately, my apologies. My point was, I don't feel those colors really made me look older, in fact all of a sudden people seemed to think I was younger than I was. Several years ago someone assumed I was in the early 60's range, (I was 47) with silver hair. With these colors people don't believe I'm a grandmother. I think as long as you find the right tones (for me it's cool tones) and while the colors are obviously not found in nature they can be just as harsh or flattering as any of the more conventional dye colors out there. My opinion only, others may feel differently. :flowers:

Now the job thing would be a different story. My career before was nursing, and usually hair colors not found in nature were not allowed. I know the last nursing job in a doctors office, they would have thrown a fit. I'm grateful that isn't an issue anymore.

Jadestorm
August 22nd, 2016, 02:09 PM
I loooooooove bright hair colors and I would love to do that to my hair too. But, with dark hair as far as I know there's no way to get certain colors to like nice or bright without bleaching. And that is something I never want to do. I have tried on my brown hair, with La Riche Directions. The pinks and reds work pretty well, but the blues, greens and purples just turn into disgusting colors on my natural hair color.