PDA

View Full Version : Tress(es) to impress?

KiwiLiz
October 19th, 2008, 03:34 AM
I have an interview and trial at a high fashion label store on tuesday, the manager told me to "dress to impress". I'm looking for suggestions for my hair... I'm trying to resist the urge to just straighten -we all know how damaging it is, and it's kinda boring. The sales assistants all have very styled hair, while the manager had about armpit length hair in loose curls.

I think I want to wear it out, but I'm not sure what to do with it? i wondering if I should maybe get it cut and styled at a hair dresser -but LEAVE the length and just get face framing layers or something... this might end in a disaster :S

Help!

(Argh, I have to decided what I'm going to wear too)

Honey39
October 19th, 2008, 07:15 AM
Why don't you try the loose curls? That would be pretty and make you feel different - and you have to have the length and lovely hair to achieve that look, so you're already making a difference.

OR you could try a sleek updo with very beautiful hair stick - I have seen some here that are just jaw droppingly gorgeous, and that would be both stylish, individual and funky. Or else a very minimalist updo with red lipstick - that could be edgy and fashionable.

Periwinkle
October 19th, 2008, 08:15 AM
The curls definitely sound like a good idea.

I would also think about a half-up. You could use a show-stopping hairstick to put up the top half and then leave the rest down (possibly curled), or use a barrette or clip of some kind to pull back the top, so that you'd have two different layers.

aisling
October 19th, 2008, 09:40 AM
Well, braids are very fashionable at the moment and a well made French braid for example looks very good. I've also seen Heidi braids and crown braids in fashion pictures lately.

susiemw
October 19th, 2008, 09:55 AM
I wouldn't recommend cutting your hair for a job interview.
That has potential to really backfire.

How about a rope braid bun or a french twist. Both look
very upscale and would be appropriate for an interview.

Good luck!

Susan

freznow
October 19th, 2008, 10:04 AM
I think a half up would be best - the effort and style is there, but it also shows that you're 'hip' and 'young', whatever that means.

And then definitely a dashing hair adornment. I'd probably do a nice stick in the rope braid bun mentioned by susiemw as a half up.

joyfulmom4
October 19th, 2008, 10:49 AM
I'm thinking that if you want to wear it loose and show off the length, but want to look styled and sophisticated, you should consider something swept up in the front. I like a little volume at the front and hair swept off to one side. Assymmetric hair always looks interesting and stylish to me. Add a pretty hair toy and you'll look really nice. The right jewelry will then complete the look perfectly.

Leabhar
October 19th, 2008, 12:18 PM
You could make a little pouf at the crown of your head, and then leave the rest of the hair down or put it up in a half-up, like you see on the runways.

You could do a French twist, or a poof with a peacock twist, or a half up with the half bit braided and bunned. Just play with it and check out how you feel before you go, and do something that will stay up and not distract you by making you wonder if it looks okay.

Neat clothes, polished makeup, shoulders and back straight--and you should be fine. Good luck!

arylkin
October 19th, 2008, 12:52 PM
The curls definitely sound like a good idea.

I would also think about a half-up. You could use a show-stopping hairstick to put up the top half and then leave the rest down (possibly curled), or use a barrette or clip of some kind to pull back the top, so that you'd have two different layers.

I think a half up with a partial infinity bun with a hairstick is very fancy.