PDA

View Full Version : Joico KPAK = coarse hair?

LadyinWaiting
August 16th, 2016, 05:17 PM
Hello everyone!

So I started using the Joico KPAK deep conditioner and it has made my hair feel course and a bit brittle. I'm assuming because my hair doesn't agree with protein, because it kinda acts the same way with coconut oil.

For those who have protein-opposing hair, what are you favorite deep conditioning products/treatments?

Thanks!

Anje
August 16th, 2016, 08:15 PM
Protein treatments tend to do that, even when you kinda need them. Don't stress about it, just give your hair a good soak in a moisture treatment and it'll feel amazing. SMTs are a favorite of mine -- I've got a link to them in my signature.

lapushka
August 17th, 2016, 06:09 AM
Hello everyone!

So I started using the Joico KPAK deep conditioner and it has made my hair feel course and a bit brittle. I'm assuming because my hair doesn't agree with protein, because it kinda acts the same way with coconut oil.

For those who have protein-opposing hair, what are you favorite deep conditioning products/treatments?

Thanks!

I love the Whole Blends line from Garnier (here it's called "Ultra Doux"). Their mythic olive conditioner and honey one is amazing. Also the Hello Hydration conditioner by Herbal Essences is my Holy Grail! Great detangler.

I have hair that doesn't like a boatload of protein either, and I get crunchy hair from coconut oil as well. The best test was trying fractionated coconut oil (always liquid), because it couldn've been from it going solid, but that didn't help either. Been a long time since I tried it, though, but not planning to ever go that route again!

spidermom
August 17th, 2016, 07:03 AM
The KPak makes my hair feel amazing - so silky and smooth. I used to use a moisturizing masque by Regis that I liked.