PDA

View Full Version : Starting Over

Dark Queen
August 13th, 2016, 04:35 PM
Has anyone else ever felt like you just had to start all over? I used to be much more active around here, but I've had a lot going on. Among other things, I've been struggling to keep up with my hair, and at this point I've had to just go ahead and trim off a good deal of the ends. For a long time I have been having problems with thinning, and I can't figure out why. I tried the vitamins, my diet is fairly healthy, I don't use harsh chemicals or brush while wet, but I'm not really sure what happened. I've also tried playing around with a few different shampoos and oils, but not really sure what happened. I'm also aware my medications could be affecting things, but to my knowledge the medicines I'm on now don't result in hair loss.
Most recently I've been trying the Mega Tek Ovation Cell Therapy shampoo & treatment after reading the reviews and seeing it work for a friend of mine. I've been doing it for almost two months now, and I think it's starting to work since I've had less shedding and a lot less itching (it was pretty bad at one point). Either way, I'm hoping to get back to where I was. Glad to be back.

lapushka
August 13th, 2016, 04:38 PM
Can I ask what meds you're on? They *might* be affecting your hair. I think it's the easiest solution to look for the hair loss there.

Dark Queen
August 13th, 2016, 05:15 PM
Hi! It's been a while, how have you been? I was thinking the meds (antidepressants) might be it to, but I couldn't really find anything conclusive about side effects for that particular medication. I changed to a different one for another reason a few months back, so I'm not ruling it out as a contributing factor. Hope you are well.

lapushka
August 14th, 2016, 04:04 PM
Hi! It's been a while, how have you been? I was thinking the meds (antidepressants) might be it to, but I couldn't really find anything conclusive about side effects for that particular medication. I changed to a different one for another reason a few months back, so I'm not ruling it out as a contributing factor. Hope you are well.

Hmmm, I don't know either if it's that. Might be worth it to get your blood checked (I do it yearly as per doctor's orders, because I'm on medication). Might be something you're lacking in nutrients (iron is notorious - don't go supplementing on your own though esp. not when you don't know you have a shortage or not). Just worth it to find out, IMMHO!

I'm hanging in there, thanks for asking! :D

Dark Queen
August 16th, 2016, 04:12 AM
Hmmm, I don't know either if it's that. Might be worth it to get your blood checked (I do it yearly as per doctor's orders, because I'm on medication). Might be something you're lacking in nutrients (iron is notorious - don't go supplementing on your own though esp. not when you don't know you have a shortage or not). Just worth it to find out, IMMHO!

I'm hanging in there, thanks for asking! :D

Thanks for that. I should be due for a checkup soon. Glad to hear you're okay. :)