PDA

View Full Version : Is anybody else obsessed with Olivia Bensons hair?

emmadilemma
August 10th, 2016, 11:37 PM
how does she get it all flowy and shiny and like zero frizz? ugh. I cant even. its SO PRETTY.:cheer::happydance:

Sarahlabyrinth
August 11th, 2016, 01:54 AM
Probably heat styling and having a hairdresser touching up her hair every couple of minutes on set in between takes.

Adorkable One
August 11th, 2016, 02:44 AM
I know, right? It really just looks super thick, which is something I really wish I had.

Also, random SVU meme. lol
http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/avPobrX_460s.jpg

Sarahlabyrinth
August 11th, 2016, 02:47 AM
But your hair looks so pretty!

If you aren't happy with it, and even if you are happy with it, all you can do is get it to look the best it can and at it's best health. Healthy hair never looks bad.

Tosca
August 11th, 2016, 03:24 AM
Love that meme.

Spraying hairspray on your palms and smoothing them over your hair is an old theatre/screen trick for taming flyaways. Plus adding a good layer of hairspray over that. And then maybe another one on top of that.

AZDesertRose
August 11th, 2016, 06:01 AM
Mariska Hargitay (the actress who plays Olivia Benson) also has great hair genes. Her mother was Jayne Mansfield, who was considered (not for nothing!) one of the great beauties of 1950s and 1960s Hollywood.

But yeah, professional hairstylists on duty between takes probably helps a lot! :D

lapushka
August 11th, 2016, 06:15 AM
But yeah, professional hairstylists on duty between takes probably helps a lot! :D

Yeah, I mean... hairstylists on call 24/7, no wonder, right? I don't think my hair would have a chance to frizz up under circumstances like that. :lol:

triumphator!
August 11th, 2016, 07:18 AM
Her haircolor is gorgeous too, it's a million different shades of brown and caramel :crush:

Mimha
August 11th, 2016, 07:40 AM
When I read the title of this thread, I was expecting I don't know what. Something extraordinary, probably.

Honestly... :lol:

spidermom
August 11th, 2016, 08:27 AM
Mariska Hargitay (the actress who plays Olivia Benson) also has great hair genes. Her mother was Jayne Mansfield, who was considered (not for nothing!) one of the great beauties of 1950s and 1960s Hollywood.
:D

I had no idea!

but I've never considered Olivia's hair anything special

DweamGoiL
August 11th, 2016, 08:39 AM
I think she's very beautiful, but I also think you are kind of comparing apples to oranges here. Her hair is straight and dark. OP your hair is wavy and borderline curly as well as fine. Yes, Mariska has very pretty hair, but it's different than your hair and because of the different textures, they will not behave in the same way. Fine hair is also much more floaty as opposed to a coarser strand like Mariska's.

Obsidian
August 11th, 2016, 08:50 AM
I had no idea!

but I've never considered Olivia's hair anything special

Same here. I love the show and she is very pretty but I never though her hair was anything special.

lapushka
August 11th, 2016, 09:40 AM
I think she's very beautiful, but I also think you are kind of comparing apples to oranges here. Her hair is straight and dark. OP your hair is wavy and borderline curly as well as fine. Yes, Mariska has very pretty hair, but it's different than your hair and because of the different textures, they will not behave in the same way. Fine hair is also much more floaty as opposed to a coarser strand like Mariska's.

Yep, the we always want what we haven't got syndrome. ;) :D

littlestarface
August 11th, 2016, 10:01 AM
I love the show, I remember when I had cable I would watch all day marathons of svu. Ahh I miss cable, liv and elliot best team ever!

Carolyn
August 11th, 2016, 10:54 AM
Her hair is lovely but definitely heat styled and fussed over by on set stylists. That's just the way TV is. I admit I had to Google Olivia Benson. I've never watched any of her shows except for Falcon Crest but I did know who Mariska Hargitay is. I mostly just watch soaps.

Lilith91
August 11th, 2016, 05:57 PM
I know, right? It really just looks super thick, which is something I really wish I had.

Also, random SVU meme. lol
http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/avPobrX_460s.jpg

This is too good! I love SVU memes.

meteor
August 11th, 2016, 06:03 PM
Oh, I can't see the photo, for some reason... :hmm: Or are you guys referring to hair in some specific movie? :)

meteor
August 11th, 2016, 06:48 PM
^ He-he, I guess it shows how little TV I watch :lol: I think I've seen some Law & Order, actually, I just didn't remember the characters much, sorry. :flower:
I think her hair is pretty :)

turtlelover
August 11th, 2016, 08:19 PM
Her hair is OK. I like the color more than the style it is cut in.

Lilith91
August 11th, 2016, 08:33 PM
I love how you can always tell what year it is based on her hairstyle, since it changes so often!

Nadine <3
August 11th, 2016, 09:38 PM
I'm not really obsessed with her hair, but I am obsessed with SVU in general. I actually hated the show for a really long time. I was a victim of sexually crimes and the show was really triggering for me. At some point something clicked in my brain and I NEEDED to watch Olivia kick butt.

littlestarface
August 12th, 2016, 11:06 AM
SVU has so much indepth story to it I love it, liv is a rape child, elliot has martial problems as would any real hard nose detective would, fin is awesome I love ice t hes a fantastic actor of all time, munch is hilarious. It's my most favorite show ever. You'll never be bored watching that show.

Olivia always has such short hair I never even took a second glance but her face omg she is sooo gorgeous, she has perfect teeth a lovely nose. Everytime I look at her i'm just amazed at how pretty she is.