PDA

View Full Version : Removing Hair Colour - from 1 application of brown back to grey

BlueWren
August 10th, 2016, 08:34 PM
Hi there

I have naturally silver/white hair that I have very recently dyed brown. I only did one application 2 weeks ago. I really regret doing this, and was wondering if it can be reversed to my original silver hair? I have a hair salon appointment on Saturday, and I'm hoping she'll be able to lift the colour, but before I go, I wanted to ask anyone here who might have more insight.

I checked out some of the other threads and they were helpful, but since my original hair colour is, well no colour, but grey I thought I might ask this question again.

Thank you in advance.

Tosca
August 10th, 2016, 08:52 PM
There's products like Colour B4 and Colour Oops you could try.

missmelaniem
August 10th, 2016, 09:13 PM
What kind of color? If its permanent and you try to remove it you will wind up with some shade of orange or maybe caramel. If its perm she will probably remove and redye you gray... or she could bleach weave and tint the streaks gray to help it to grow out more gracefully. Keep in mind that color advice is difficult in person and nearly impossible to give online

Ive used temporary on my silver/gray that has completely washed out, but it took time

turtlelover
August 10th, 2016, 09:42 PM
Chances are, they would have to color oops it, and then bleach out anything left over. They might be able to get you to platinum blonde, which you could tone w/a purple toner to get closer to gray, but you won't get your original color back.

lapushka
August 11th, 2016, 05:24 AM
If it's a semi or a demi, you just have to be patient and it will wash out after x-amount of weeks or washes. If it's a permanent color, well... darn. I'd stick with a home application of colorb4 or color oops.

Agnieszka
August 11th, 2016, 06:40 AM
I would try colour b4 before going to the salon, it might lift the brown but your natural silver colour is likely to be bleached underneath to some kind of blonde as all permanent dyes contain peroxide. In the salon they probably will bleach your hair and tone down to silver. I hope colour b4 will help!!! Good luck!!!