PDA

View Full Version : My Hair Finally Got "Long"

SpecialKitty
August 10th, 2016, 03:29 PM
Just a quick note and update since I've been gone from here awhile. I don't know many of the folks here anymore, but when I was active on these boards (back in 2004-2008) I struggled with growing my hair. I had anemia and thyroid problems, and endometriosis. It had a huge impact on my hair. I have solved my health issues, and no longer anemic, and my hair has been growing and is much thicker. It's now below BSL, and I can make a nice bun. I don't know how to attach photos but just wanted to give an update!

SpecialKitty

Arctic
August 10th, 2016, 04:04 PM
I remember your name; that's fantastic your health has recovered!

Fru fru
August 10th, 2016, 04:36 PM
Congratulations on conquering your health issues and your new hair growth:flower:

lapushka
August 11th, 2016, 06:56 AM
That is amazing. I am so glad you made this update, because it shows you can recover from hair issues (as big as this). I would call anemia and thyroid issues pretty big when you're talking about what effect that can have on hairgrowth and scalp health! Well done! :D

HairPlease
August 11th, 2016, 07:17 AM
Congratulations! I'm so happy that you've made such a fantastic recovery - congratulations on both your health and your hair. I wasn't around back when you were here then, but it's nice to see you back anyway. :flower:

DweamGoiL
August 11th, 2016, 08:42 AM
That is wonderful news!!! Enjoy your well earned beautiful mane :)

pailin
August 11th, 2016, 09:38 AM
Wow, that's a fantastic update! It sounds like you've been through a lot- glad to hear you've gotten solutions to your health problems.

TatsuOni
August 11th, 2016, 10:59 AM
Congrats on better health and longer hair :)

irishsapphire
August 11th, 2016, 03:43 PM
Congratulations! Thats fantastic!

I'm currently fighting (currently undiagnosed but we have suspects) health issues related hair loss, so hearing from you that it can reversed and our hair can recover is so encouraging!!

meteor
August 11th, 2016, 04:20 PM
Yay, Congratulations, SpecialKitty! :joy:

That's amazing news that you've solved those health issues! :D I know they can take a long time indeed to reverse, so congratulations on that and on your hair growth improving so much! :applause :happydance:

DaveDecker
August 12th, 2016, 03:44 AM
Hey SpecialKitty, I remember you! :waving: Glad you are well again and able to grow the long hair you've been wanting. :)

If you want to share pictures, you can either create an album within your own profile, and load photos there, or you could use a photo hosting website like photobucket, among others.

Rhoward
August 12th, 2016, 04:01 AM
Congratulations that's amazing news, I'm so happy for you!:hifive:

DizzyGinger
August 12th, 2016, 08:42 AM
Yay that's awesome!