PDA

View Full Version : Fun Video: 100 pumps of conditioner :)

meteor
August 9th, 2016, 04:45 PM
I just came across this fun hair experiment on YouTube and thought I'd share. :)
I was pretty impressed with the beautiful results: she didn't even rinse out her 100 pumps of Aussie Moist Conditioner, and the curls just drank it all up! :bigeyes: (And I thought I use a lot of conditioner, lol :doh: )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkg4UvU1fqY

Decoy24601
August 9th, 2016, 04:53 PM
Wow! If that's not high porosity hair, I don't know what is.

If I even leave in two pumps of what she uses, my hair would be coated and absorb very little of it. Any amount of Aussie conditioner makes my hair feel coated really (I like their hairsprays though...).

mermaid lullaby
August 9th, 2016, 05:20 PM
Her curls are so cute! :o

cathair
August 9th, 2016, 06:16 PM
Damn Aussie Miracle Moist which I am guessing is the same thing, is the only thing known to me that I can over moisturize my hair with. I love it, but I have limit it's use. That's impressive!

kelseyxface
August 9th, 2016, 07:48 PM
i absolutely adore coily hair. And I'm AMAZED at how her hair just ate up all that moisture! Mine would have been a big slop of grease! I'm loving these 100x challenges

Frankenstein
August 9th, 2016, 10:39 PM
That's super interesting... I couldn't imagine doing that with my hair type :lol:

pipers_river
August 10th, 2016, 12:40 AM
That's fantastic! Her hair is amazing. She's really cute too.

lapushka
August 10th, 2016, 05:37 AM
I shove my hair full of conditioner too, twice even :lol: but 100 pumps... I mean people do a lot for a "popular video" these days, don't they? :rolleyes:

Arctic
August 10th, 2016, 05:44 AM
Have you guys seen the 100 layers of nail polish, 100 layers of matte lipstick and such videos? OMG horrible, horrible.

HairPlease
August 10th, 2016, 07:05 AM
Have you guys seen the 100 layers of nail polish, 100 layers of matte lipstick and such videos? OMG horrible, horrible.

Oh god yes. Not my thing. A wee wasteful. But I found the 100 pumps of conditioner interesting due to the scientific result of the hair slurping all of that up - I thought it would have been a cakey mess. Fun video and she has lovely hair.

cathair
August 10th, 2016, 07:07 AM

shudder: no thank you! Three layers of nail polish makes me feel sick :grin:

TatsuOni
August 11th, 2016, 11:21 AM
Wow! And I thought that my hair drank a lot of conditioner...

Breanna
August 11th, 2016, 04:05 PM
That was super interesting! It's nice to see one of those videos that isn't just completely disgusting for once haha.

meteor
August 11th, 2016, 04:34 PM
Oh yeah, I was just so impressed how gorgeous her curls looked after all that conditioner (without even rinsing it! :bigeyes:) My hair probably would have turned into a lanky helmet-head, both solid and greasy from all that... Just shows how different hair can be! :D

spidermom
August 11th, 2016, 05:44 PM
I don't see the point.

meteor
August 11th, 2016, 05:59 PM
I don't see the point.

It's not necessarily meant to have a point. :flower: It's just for fun and to see what could happen if one overloads on conditioner. :p
I remember when I had to use up a lot of conditioner quickly (I was moving and didn't want to just dump it), I was pretty impressed by how much incredible slip and shine I got from it. I tend to use 10x as much conditioner as shampoo anyway. Things like WCC work similarly for me.
And of course, super-curly hair like in this case often tends to thrive on a lot more conditioner. It's kind of fun to see all the different ways people condition hair. ;)

maborosi
August 16th, 2016, 11:34 AM
Wow her hair is absolutely amazing and I loved this!

teal
August 16th, 2016, 05:25 PM
Wow her hair is absolutely amazing and I loved this!

She's got beautiful curls! :agree:

There's no way this would work on me. Even 10 pumps of conditioner is 8 too many for my thin, fine, ultra-low-porosity hair. In fact, I recently discovered that I need to CW, not CWC.

Mavi
August 20th, 2016, 03:35 PM
Wow, that was impressive! I was not expecting her hair to be able to absorb all that conditioner without her needing to rinse it out. Her hair is gorgeous.

luxurioushair
August 20th, 2016, 06:11 PM
I don't see the point.
It's actually really good for the hair, this would've benefited her hair tremendously. Like the world's best deep conditioning treatment or something. I should try it with 50 pumps one day! On the average day I do leave conditioner in my hair and it is all gone by the evening.

Jadestorm
August 21st, 2016, 07:13 AM
The '100 layers of', '100 coats of',... videos are annoying to me because almost all of them are so super wasteful. (You don't have to watch them to know, when you see the thumbnail and title) What someone chooses to do with their money and products is their business, but come on, we should be grateful we are privileged enough to have access to those thing. No need to throw them away like that. A non wasteful '100...' could be fun to watch. I did watch SoCraftastic's one with the play dough, as I thought she wouldn't throw it away afterwards and she didn't.

LOL, sorry if I sounded like a party pooper here. ;) I clicked on the end of the video to see what you were talking about, and it is impressive if that's how her hair looks after 100 pumps of conditioner.

lapushka
August 21st, 2016, 08:30 AM
The '100 layers of', '100 coats of',... videos are annoying to me because almost all of them are so super wasteful. (You don't have to watch them to know, when you see the thumbnail and title) What someone chooses to do with their money and products is their business, but come on, we should be grateful we are privileged enough to have access to those thing. No need to throw them away like that. A non wasteful '100...' could be fun to watch. I did watch SoCraftastic's one with the play dough, as I thought she wouldn't throw it away afterwards and she didn't.

LOL, sorry if I sounded like a party pooper here. ;) I clicked on the end of the video to see what you were talking about, and it is impressive if that's how her hair looks after 100 pumps of conditioner.

Yeah, I catch them in my feed and don't even watch them. 100 coats of polish, 100 coats of liquid lipstick, etc. etc. But it *is* impressive about the conditioner vanishing like that. Still, 100 pumps?

yahirwaO.o
August 21st, 2016, 12:50 PM
Two pumps and my hair starts to look lank and weight down he he!

...I have the total opposite hair, still this was fun to watch and girl has gorgeous curls!!!!