PDA

View Full Version : So i chopped it off..

Stray_mind
August 7th, 2016, 02:52 AM
I've been tossing the thought of cutting my hair back and forth for at least half a year now and i finally pulled the plug.

I cut my allmost hip lenght hair into a short layered bob.

And i don't regret it in the least. I am happy that most of the red is gone and my hair is so much easier to handle now. It doesn't tangle, i don't even have to comb it. I can just get up an go. I have never had hair as short as i have now and i am glad it turned out like this.

I think i will maintain the short lenght for some time now and maybe i'll grow it out someday, when i feel like it.

Having long hair hasn't been so much fun to me for a while now, it was irritating me, i was putting it up to get it out of the way, didn't even bother to take time to do pretty hairstyles, i couldn't let it lose though, because it would tangle like crazy no matter what i did, no matter what products i used. The stylist didn't even bother to comb it out, that's how tangled it was, and i COMBED it before going to her. She just put it in a low ponytail and cut it all off.

I Do love long hair, but not on myself i guess. :)

I will continue supporting all of you who are growing their hair and drool over your amazing locks though, untill i decide to grow my hair back.

Here's the result of my haircut. :D

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn256/angel_corpse_album/SAM_9451_zpszfn3z8nt.jpg

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn256/angel_corpse_album/SAM_9438_zpswy9h5xts.jpg

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn256/angel_corpse_album/SAM_9455_zpslne4zytl.jpg

restless
August 7th, 2016, 02:57 AM
It looks really cute :) Im glad youre happy with your decision!

Calypso
August 7th, 2016, 02:58 AM
It looks gorgeous!

KittyBird
August 7th, 2016, 03:10 AM
Gorgeous! That cut suits you so well, and I'm glad you're happy with your hair. :blossom:

lapushka
August 7th, 2016, 03:19 AM
That's the beauty of 1 - 1c hair. You can just let it dry and it combs out fine in a short style. I had to heat style my bobs into submission. It looks good on you, that's what's important. Hip to a bob is a lot of length to lose, but I feel there's no regrets.

Cute style on you! I hope you don't start regretting it in the days to come. :o

Johannah
August 7th, 2016, 03:25 AM
Wow, it *really* suits you!! Beautiful!!

Stray_mind
August 7th, 2016, 03:39 AM
Thanks, everyone for your support!

lapushka - i hope so too, lol. But i doubt it :) i can allways grow it back afterall. I am the master of leaving it be and not paying attention to it at all. That's how i grew my hair in the first place :D

Ava Ruu
August 7th, 2016, 03:44 AM
It looks really pretty! I'm glad you like it.

Mimha
August 7th, 2016, 04:07 AM
I've been tossing the thought of cutting my hair back and forth for at least half a year now and i finally pulled the plug.

(..:)

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn256/angel_corpse_album/SAM_9451_zpszfn3z8nt.jpg

Oh Stray_mind, you cut it !! :thud:

I was so used to thinking of you as a long hair red head, lol. What a change ! You look so incredibly different and so lovely in the same time ! :) You chose a really nice cut. This ultra-feminine fluid bob suits you to perfection. :crush:

I know how pleasant it is when you have just cut your hair after many months of being fed up with it^^: you feel so light, so fresh, so free, so healthy ! It's a time to really fully enjoy ! But I also know that a "true long hair" (meaning long hair at heart) always comes back to long sooner or later :eyebrows: One day you'll see a girl in the street with looooong flowing locks... and the virus will strike again ! But this time you'll have virgin hair and it'll be another experience.

....Waiting you here ! :popcorn::popcorn:

QuietVixen
August 7th, 2016, 04:12 AM
I'm so glad you enjoy your haircut! Your hair looks absolutely beautiful, also I love your eye color and eyebrows too. You look fantastic! :)

Stray_mind
August 7th, 2016, 04:13 AM
Oh Stray_mind, you cut it !! :thud:

I was so used to thinking of you as a long hair red head, lol. What a change ! You look so incredibly different and so lovely in the same time ! :) You chose a really nice cut. This ultra-feminine fluid bob suits you to perfection. :crush:

I know how pleasant it is when you have just cut your hair after many months of being fed up with it^^: you feel so light, so fresh, so free, so healthy ! It's a time to really fully enjoy ! But I also know that a "true long hair" (meaning long hair at heart) always comes back to long sooner or later :eyebrows: One day you'll see a girl in the street with looooong flowing locks... and the virus will strike again ! But this time you'll have virgin hair and it'll be another experience.

....Waiting you here ! :popcorn::popcorn:

Hahaha, i know i'll grow it out again, that's why i say "when i decide to grow it back", instead of "if". :D
Thank you for the compliments. I just showed the stylist a picture of a hairstyle i want so she would at least have an idea about what to do with my hair. She wasn't sure at first if it would suit me, but when she saw it does, her face just lit up! I've never seen a stylist who's caught inspiration before. Both of us were happy with how it turned out. She is really great and understanding, i'm definitely comming back to her next time, lol.

PixieP
August 7th, 2016, 04:14 AM
Oh my that is so pretty on you! And you are so beautiful, what wonderful eyes you have! That bob really suits you!

Kiiruna
August 7th, 2016, 04:24 AM
You look amazing!

H o n є y ❤
August 7th, 2016, 06:17 AM
Congratulations! It looks so good! :D

Groovy Granny
August 7th, 2016, 07:46 AM
Congrats; it looks so pretty!
So happy you are happy ~ enjoy! :)

eadwine
August 7th, 2016, 07:46 AM
Wow.. this looks great on you :D

lithostoic
August 7th, 2016, 08:07 AM
Looks beautiful!

lapushka
August 7th, 2016, 08:27 AM
lapushka - i hope so too, lol. But i doubt it :) i can allways grow it back afterall. I am the master of leaving it be and not paying attention to it at all. That's how i grew my hair in the first place :D

Yes, growing out from a bob isn't that hard to do, it's just straight down. Only takes a bit of time, but hey ho. Enjoy your hair, that's what's the most important! And if that means a short bob, then that's just fine! :D

Lilith91
August 7th, 2016, 09:20 AM
This is such a pretty haircut- you look great! I've been thinking of a similar cut- were you scared or more excited when you did it?

browneyedsusan
August 7th, 2016, 09:32 AM
It suits you! :flowers:

I totally get the shortie love: I adored my pixies for many years. (Until one day, I wanted something different. lol! )
Please continue to hang around the forums, I like seeing you here. :)

Go ahead and love the dickens out of your new hair! It's darling.

slynr
August 7th, 2016, 09:46 AM
It really looks amazing on you. Congratulations!!

nekosan
August 7th, 2016, 10:24 AM
That is adorable!

Stray_mind
August 7th, 2016, 10:36 AM
This is such a pretty haircut- you look great! I've been thinking of a similar cut- were you scared or more excited when you did it?

I was a little worried that it might not suit my face shape,make my face look round, but it did the opposite actually wich i am happy about. I wasn't worried about losing the lenght though, i was fully prepared for it. I was thinking about it for far longer than two week rule requires afterall, Lol.

Also, thank you all for the compliments and support. I really appreciate it.

I will of course stick around here. It not only has great hair care tips (wich are also good for short hair), but also some pictures of beautiful ladies and gents with amazing, healthy manes. :)

Wildcat Diva
August 7th, 2016, 11:13 AM
Your cut looks great!
Just beautiful.

Nadine <3
August 7th, 2016, 11:17 AM
Oh, that looks really cute on you! I love it!

diddiedaisy
August 7th, 2016, 11:52 AM
It looks gorgeous, I'm glad you don't have any regrets. Hair is to be enjoyed, no point of having long hair if you don't enjoy it or it has become a chore. :)

LongCurlyTress
August 7th, 2016, 12:11 PM
I did a big chop into a chin length curly 3b bob in March, 2011 to cut off the dyed length, and even though I love my hair long, currently just reached TBL!! I mean I adore feeling it around my lower back, arms and shoulders and hubby loves it too...;) I do miss being able to do short curly styles and actually I think I look better with my hair in a curly longish bob. That all being said, my hair gets big and bushy really easily so it only looked good, imo for an hour and if it was raining or humid, it poofed out and got very big...not a cute thing at all... plus I really like to be able to pull all of my hair off my face and up in a bun and I had a short stump of a low pony tail with alot of shorter crown layers that did not reach into the nape ponytaill and fell out of the side bobby pins holding those shorter bits up.. So,

You look very cute with your bob! So I hope you enjoy your new style...and have fun with it. It will always grow back if you start to miss your length... and there are several side /front layered styles that you can do as it grows back if you want it to. Congrats on making such a big decision!! ;) The short style suits your pretty face. ;)

Jadestorm
August 7th, 2016, 02:07 PM
That haircut looks beautiful on you! What a beautiful girl you are too, by the way. I'm happy you like it so much better. Because, in the end that's what it's all about, right?

hypersensitive
August 7th, 2016, 02:10 PM
You look amazing! Hair grows so if you decide to go to longer, you know what it'll be like!

adrenaline
August 7th, 2016, 02:30 PM
wow, that must have been a big step. But it was worth it, you look absolutely great and the new hairstyle suits you very well! :o

meteor
August 7th, 2016, 03:25 PM
You look amazing! Congratulations on the new cut! It looks absolutely gorgeous on you! :applause

turtlelover
August 7th, 2016, 03:27 PM
I'm not even much of a short hair person, but I really, really like that cut. VERY cute on you! Hair is supposed to be fun, and there is nothing wrong with a change if you want one. Enjoy! :-)

Jennah
August 7th, 2016, 06:18 PM
OMG! I almost fell from the chair when I read your post! :shocked:

You are so stunning! It turned out great though. That style really suits your face and I love the natural color of your hair and the way it looks with your skin and eyes! Really gorgeous! You also look very happy!!! :flower:

spidermom
August 7th, 2016, 06:32 PM
Wow - that cut is so pretty on you. It really suits you.

Alex Lou
August 7th, 2016, 06:34 PM
That's fantastic! Looks great.

I'm totally envious of women who can have short hairstyles and just roll out of bed, maybe do a little finger combing, and be good to go. My hair texture requires styling when it's short unfortunately, so long hair is actually much easier.

yogagirl
August 7th, 2016, 07:30 PM
Looks great on you! It's a length I have also been toying with a lot. You looks so happy in the pics, like a weight has been lifted off you shoulders. Looks like it was the right decision :)

Crystawni
August 7th, 2016, 09:37 PM
Oh, you're rocking that, Stray_mind!

Frankenstein
August 7th, 2016, 10:29 PM
Your new hair looks super cute and wow you're really pretty :)

mindwiped
August 8th, 2016, 12:35 AM
Hahaha, i know i'll grow it out again, that's why i say "when i decide to grow it back", instead of "if". :D
Thank you for the compliments. I just showed the stylist a picture of a hairstyle i want so she would at least have an idea about what to do with my hair. She wasn't sure at first if it would suit me, but when she saw it does, her face just lit up! I've never seen a stylist who's caught inspiration before. Both of us were happy with how it turned out. She is really great and understanding, i'm definitely comming back to her next time, lol.

That cut looks amazing on you! I'm so happy you found an wonderful hair person! I've been with my current hair person over eight years now, and followed him to a much further away salon, because, a- I trust him, b- I love my hair when he's done, and c- he won't hesitate to tell me if my hair can't do a certain thing I have in mind.

I'd been contemplating cutting my hair short, school and work were getting to me, and I needed get up and go hair. The first time I mentioned it, he told me to sleep on it. The second time, he flat out refused. I'd cried the first time in his chair, because the hacker I'd used before him had to have used a weed whacker on me, so I'd been growing it the entire time I'd been seeing him. He told me to really think on it and find some photos of what I'm thinking about, we'd talk about short at my next cut (a stylist enforced 16 week wait, lol!) So, I found some photos, one that I really liked, and I took them in. He looked at the one I loved and told me if he did it just like this, I'd hate it; however, if I'd keep the top layer an inch longer I'd love it. I told him to go for it. He was so sure I'd be crying during my next appt, but I wasn't, so now if I said I wanted to go short again, he'd probably only make me have pics to prove I'd slept on it.

Long story short, if you've found that hair person that you love, stay with them, it's worth it!

Stray_mind
August 8th, 2016, 04:09 AM
That cut looks amazing on you! I'm so happy you found an wonderful hair person! I've been with my current hair person over eight years now, and followed him to a much further away salon, because, a- I trust him, b- I love my hair when he's done, and c- he won't hesitate to tell me if my hair can't do a certain thing I have in mind.

I'd been contemplating cutting my hair short, school and work were getting to me, and I needed get up and go hair. The first time I mentioned it, he told me to sleep on it. The second time, he flat out refused. I'd cried the first time in his chair, because the hacker I'd used before him had to have used a weed whacker on me, so I'd been growing it the entire time I'd been seeing him. He told me to really think on it and find some photos of what I'm thinking about, we'd talk about short at my next cut (a stylist enforced 16 week wait, lol!) So, I found some photos, one that I really liked, and I took them in. He looked at the one I loved and told me if he did it just like this, I'd hate it; however, if I'd keep the top layer an inch longer I'd love it. I told him to go for it. He was so sure I'd be crying during my next appt, but I wasn't, so now if I said I wanted to go short again, he'd probably only make me have pics to prove I'd slept on it.

Long story short, if you've found that hair person that you love, stay with them, it's worth it!

Of course i'm going to stick with her.

I too was looking up pictures of short hairstyles on women with simmilar face shape. I was looking them up for about two weeks untill i found one i liked. I showed it to my stylist and she did a simmilar style. :)

samanthaa
August 8th, 2016, 08:17 AM
Oh, wow, I've seen your posts here about wanting to cut off the red and I'm so glad you're happy with your decision! I must say that seeing your pre-chop ombre was inspirational in my decision to grow out my own henna (we have very similar virgin hair colors!) and I loved the look on you, but I'm sure it must feel great to be rid of the tangles and the color and to start somewhere fresh :blossom: Your new cut is super cute and suits you well!

Stray_mind
August 8th, 2016, 11:58 AM
Oh, wow, I've seen your posts here about wanting to cut off the red and I'm so glad you're happy with your decision! I must say that seeing your pre-chop ombre was inspirational in my decision to grow out my own henna (we have very similar virgin hair colors!) and I loved the look on you, but I'm sure it must feel great to be rid of the tangles and the color and to start somewhere fresh :blossom: Your new cut is super cute and suits you well!

I'm sorry you lost an inspiration source.:o But red was not the main reason i cut my hair. I didn't mind red that much. The main reason was that i simply was thinking about cutting a lot. And when i am thinking about doing something long enough, i just Have to do it to get some relief. So i cut my hair and no there are no more thoughts about cutting.

I wasn't happy about the condition of my hair and that i couldn't even let it loose, because it would turn into a huge mess. I tried a lot of things to change it, but i guess the dyed part was already beyond saving. I also saw myself with Short cut in my mind and i wanted to do it.

So i did. :D

maborosi
August 8th, 2016, 09:32 PM
Wow, it looks really good! Your hair looks great!

missmagoo
August 8th, 2016, 10:08 PM
I've been thinking about a big chop too. There must be something about finally reaching waist length where maybe we realize long hair just doesn't really work for us and more length is t going to solve the problem.

Stray_mind
August 9th, 2016, 04:58 AM
I've been thinking about a big chop too. There must be something about finally reaching waist length where maybe we realize long hair just doesn't really work for us and more length is t going to solve the problem.

Well, judging by your signature picture, your hair is looking amazing. If you still enjoy having long hair, there is no need to cut it off. I think you just need to trim the ends a bit, to thicken up your hemline. A lot of people who get big chops start regretting it. I am just lucky i am not one of those people.

missmagoo
August 9th, 2016, 08:47 AM
Well, judging by your signature picture, your hair is looking amazing. If you still enjoy having long hair, there is no need to cut it off. I think you just need to trim the ends a bit, to thicken up your hemline. A lot of people who get big chops start regretting it. I am just lucky i am not one of those people.

Aw, thank you. I did a self-trim last night of about an inch to see if that helped. I have A LOTof splits. At this point I feel like if I chop that's it for long hair for me for good. I know how long it took to get this far and I probably won't do it again. BUT, like you, I've been thinking about a big chop for about a year now.

samanthaa
August 9th, 2016, 08:59 AM

I feel like there's been a surge of bit chops recently!

lapushka
August 9th, 2016, 09:32 AM
I feel like there's been a surge of bit chops recently!

I guess for some long / short hair ebs & flows. For me? In the beginning: yes. Then when I finally learned my lesson that hair is nothing to experiment with (that was my thing), I got enough determination to go for long and stay there because it is a comfortable length and because it is *easy* for me. But not everyone feels that way, for some, depending on texture short *is* easier and more manageable, and that's when you get the chops.

missmagoo, I'd think long and hard about it, because texture is everything. OP has 1c hair which is very easy to manage short, but that might not go for your texture. I know a bob with my texture, when left alone is mushroom-head city. But as always, YMMV. There are a lot of things to consider, though, and you have to look at *your* hair, not someone else's.

truepeacenik
August 9th, 2016, 10:15 AM
Stray mind, your happiness shines through in those photos, something many big chop shots don't show. It suits you very well, and you are a strikingly beautiful young woman.

Miss Magoo, waist is often a rough spot, where people give up. I found tailbone to classic to be that same spot on me, however.
Just because it's a named milestone doesn't mean it's a great length, appearance wise. It's just an easy name!
Listen to Lapushka. Her comments on texture are valuable.

Kherome
August 9th, 2016, 10:21 AM
Aw, thank you. I did a self-trim last night of about an inch to see if that helped. I have A LOTof splits. At this point I feel like if I chop that's it for long hair for me for good. I know how long it took to get this far and I probably won't do it again. BUT, like you, I've been thinking about a big chop for about a year now.

Try blunt BSL first, then go back for more if you like :)

Kherome
August 9th, 2016, 10:26 AM

And i don't regret it in the least. I am happy that most of the red is gone and my hair is so much easier to handle now. It doesn't tangle, i don't even have to comb it. I can just get up an go. I have never had hair as short as i have now and i am glad it turned out like this.

I think i will maintain the short lenght for some time now and maybe i'll grow it out someday, when i feel like it.

Having long hair hasn't been so much fun to me for a while now, it was irritating me, i was putting it up to get it out of the way, didn't even bother to take time to do pretty hairstyles, i couldn't let it lose though, because it would tangle like crazy no matter what i did, no matter what products i used. The stylist didn't even bother to comb it out, that's how tangled it was, and i COMBED it before going to her. She just put it in a low ponytail and cut it all off.

I Do love long hair, but not on myself i guess. :)

I will continue supporting all of you who are growing their hair and drool over your amazing locks though, untill i decide to grow my hair back.

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn256/angel_corpse_album/SAM_9438_zpswy9h5xts.jpg

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn256/angel_corpse_album/SAM_9455_zpslne4zytl.jpg

I didn't see the before, but the after sure looks good.

Despite the fact that I have long hair, I've come to terms with the fact that I don't like the look of long hair when worn down...not just on me, on anyone. That was something of a "hmm, didn't see that coming" moment for me. While the hair itself is pretty, I don't like the overall picture. I like a nice updo though, which is what I do. Up every day. Otherwise I'd cut back too.

Stray_mind
August 9th, 2016, 12:05 PM
Try blunt BSL first, then go back for more if you like :)

I support this idea. No need to rush, especially, since your hair untill around BSL looks really healthy and nice. Hair allways grows, so no need to say you won't have ling hair again. Of course you will, missmagoo :)

althara
August 9th, 2016, 01:44 PM
Your cut is super cute!