PDA

View Full Version : favorite all natural conditioner?

Katem
August 5th, 2016, 11:47 PM
no chemicals or cones please :)

also would conditioner only washes be better for damaged hair?

The Ubiquitous
August 6th, 2016, 02:01 AM
All of them have chemicals. :)
Anyway I love the John Masters Neroli one. My daughter's hair is very delicate and it works well for her too.
Wasn't so keen on their plain/sensitive one but the Neroli is the only conditioner I buy now.

lapushka
August 6th, 2016, 03:08 AM
Yes, unless you want to DIY your conditioners, they *all* have chemicals.

littlestarface
August 6th, 2016, 03:13 AM
My favorites, tresemme and trader hoes tea tree tingle, literally the only conditioners that clean so good and no cones in sight.

lapushka
August 6th, 2016, 03:15 AM
My favorites, tresemme and trader hoes tea tree tingle, literally the only conditioners that clean so good and no cones in sight.

What kind of Tresemme, because the range is big and not all of them are without silicones. ;)

Anje
August 6th, 2016, 11:21 AM
I don't know what "no chemicals" means. What I use probably wouldn't satisfy your criteria, though.

If your hair is damaged, though, then CO washing might be good. It is very gentle and good for hair that dries out easily. The flipside is that not all scalps do well with CO washing. I did OK with it, but I've noticed that I shed a little less when I keep conditioner off my scalp. Happily, it seemed like I didn't need to wash as frequently, because my scalp wasn't being dried by shampoo and reacting by producing more oil, which my skin seems to enjoy doing. Some people find that CO washing can increase their shedding dramatically, though, or that it irritates their scalp. It's a great experiment to try, but it's one of those things where you have to pay attention and decide for yourself whether it's working or not. You can't force it to work for you.

Katem
August 6th, 2016, 11:24 AM
by no chemicals i meant none of the nasty ones, like sulfates and such. i actually have a conditioner right now and its the best I've ever tried, but its expensive so I'm looking for an alternative. the ingredients are
Aqua, Cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, Elaeis guineensis (palm) oil, Pinus banksiana (pine) extract, Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) extract, Matricaria chamomilla (chamomile) flower extract, Echinacea purpurea flower extract, Urtica dioca (nettle) leaf extract, Trifolium pratense (clover) flower extract, Equisetum arvense (Horse Tail) extract, Cera alba (Bees Wax), Olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Oil (Flax), Curcurbita pepo (pumpkin) seed oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Acetic Acid (Apple Cider Vinegar), Lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil, Citrus Bergamia (Bergamot) Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens (Rose Geranium) Oil.

when i use it, it leaves my thin hair fluffy, soft and voluminous. my hair responds very well to natural stuff

lithostoic
August 6th, 2016, 11:32 AM
I use Shea Moisture deep conditioning shea butter treatment. I use it as both a regular conditioner and a deep treatment.

littlestarface
August 6th, 2016, 11:51 AM
by no chemicals i meant none of the nasty ones, like sulfates and such. i actually have a conditioner right now and its the best I've ever tried, but its expensive so I'm looking for an alternative. the ingredients are
Aqua, Cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, Elaeis guineensis (palm) oil, Pinus banksiana (pine) extract, Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) extract, Matricaria chamomilla (chamomile) flower extract, Echinacea purpurea flower extract, Urtica dioca (nettle) leaf extract, Trifolium pratense (clover) flower extract, Equisetum arvense (Horse Tail) extract, Cera alba (Bees Wax), Olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Oil (Flax), Curcurbita pepo (pumpkin) seed oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Acetic Acid (Apple Cider Vinegar), Lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil, Citrus Bergamia (Bergamot) Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens (Rose Geranium) Oil.

when i use it, it leaves my thin hair fluffy, soft and voluminous. my hair responds very well to natural stuff

Looks good, what's it called?

I always wonder what the heck is horse tail extract? DO they actually get some hair from a horse tail? lol

Katem
August 6th, 2016, 11:56 AM
Looks good, what's it called?

I always wonder what the heck is horse tail extract? DO they actually get some hair from a horse tail? lol

haha I believe horse tail is a plant, but I could be wrong. the conditoner is called Calia, website is calianatural :)

Katem
August 6th, 2016, 11:57 AM
I use Shea Moisture deep conditioning shea butter treatment. I use it as both a regular conditioner and a deep treatment.

i love Shea moisture, I'll be sure to try that out!

Obsidian
August 6th, 2016, 05:06 PM
Yes, horse tail is a plant, a kind of rush actually. If I remember right, it contains natural silicone.

vampyyri
August 6th, 2016, 05:11 PM
Nature's Gate Aloe! It's also vegan (double plus for me)!

littlestarface
August 6th, 2016, 05:19 PM
Yes, horse tail is a plant, a kind of rush actually. If I remember right, it contains natural silicone.

Woah thats crazy, I never heard of a natural silicone.

Katem
August 6th, 2016, 09:30 PM
Nature's Gate Aloe! It's also vegan (double plus for me)!

that sounds aw some! can't wait to try it

what do you all think of Shea moistures "STRENGTHEN, GROW & RESTORE CONDITIONER"

Dacia
August 6th, 2016, 11:14 PM

It looks like Calia is not using the INCI nomenclature to disclose the real chemical names of the ingredients, is this even legal in Canada?

lapushka
August 7th, 2016, 03:58 AM
There is one SM mask that has the variant of a silicone in it, the JBCO deep treatment mask, I believe. It's not exactly a silicone, but it acts like that.

ChloeDharma
August 7th, 2016, 07:42 AM
Woah thats crazy, I never heard of a natural silicone.

Horsetail is a source of silica, a mineral that is needed in our diet, it's also found in things like cucumbers, bell peppers etc.

littlestarface
August 7th, 2016, 11:18 AM
Horsetail is a source of silica, a mineral that is needed in our diet, it's also found in things like cucumbers, bell peppers etc.

O I see thank you that makes perfect sense.

meteor
August 7th, 2016, 04:02 PM
I don't know if any product can qualify as "all natural" or not, but if I want to skip a "commercial" conditioner altogether, I just do a pre-poo treatment instead. My favorites are:
- deep oiling (I like Ayurvedic infused oils for this);
- honey + oil mask;
- yogurt/sour cream + oil mask;
- gelatin + modified SMT mask.

Tosca
August 8th, 2016, 12:16 AM
I've never tried them, but you could give sukin organics a go. The company is very reputable. (Link: http://sukinorganics.com/collections/hair-care)

Crystawni
August 8th, 2016, 12:36 AM
I've never tried them, but you could give sukin organics a go. The company is very reputable. (Link: http://sukinorganics.com/collections/hair-care)

Mmmm, yup! The nourishing conditioner is my absolute fave, although it's the only Sukin product I've tried so far (hoping to try more when I need to up my stash).

Katem
August 8th, 2016, 07:28 PM

looks amazing! I love the moisture conditoner

Ashenputtel
August 9th, 2016, 03:26 PM
Back in my natural products the only think that truly work and didn't feel too waxy was either catnip tea (there's a huge thread on that) or a light oiling before the shampoo.

Katem
August 9th, 2016, 08:50 PM
Back in my natural products the only think that truly work and didn't feel too waxy was either catnip tea (there's a huge thread on that) or a light oiling before the shampoo.

do you happen to have the link to that thread?

Ashenputtel
August 10th, 2016, 05:08 PM
do you happen to have the link to that thread?
here you go!
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=476

Crystawni
August 15th, 2016, 10:47 PM
Mmmm, yup! The nourishing conditioner is my absolute fave, although it's the only Sukin product I've tried so far (hoping to try more when I need to up my stash).

looks amazing! I love the moisture conditoner

I've now tried the Sukin moisture restoring conditioner (with the shampoo), and it's another winner. My hair feels silky yet baby soft, fine, light and fluffy at the same time, and is gleaming with lustre and depth of colour (whites are whiter, too). :D

Spinder
August 15th, 2016, 11:11 PM
Ooh, North American Hemp Co. and Yes to Carrots, by far (even though Yes to Carrots has a bit more potent of a scent than I would usually like...)! These conditioners are very kind to my fine, thin, slightly wavy Danish hair, perfect for CWC'ing. :bounce:

No silicone, not tested on animals, yet they leave my hair smooth and shiny, but not oily or weighed down at all, especially around my typically oily roots. :) Your mileage may vary, but I certainly recommend anyone with a similar hair type who is looking for a good, cruelty and cone free conditioner to at least give em a try.

reilly0167
August 16th, 2016, 07:22 AM

Lol traders hoes

reilly0167
August 16th, 2016, 07:32 AM
I don't know if any product can qualify as "all natural" or not, but if I want to skip a "commercial" conditioner altogether, I just do a pre-poo treatment instead. My favorites are:
- deep oiling (I like Ayurvedic infused oils for this);
- honey + oil mask;
- yogurt/sour cream + oil mask;
- gelatin + modified SMT mask.

I second this, I love the oil(s) and honey mask and for a change, I do coconut milk soaks, I also use goat milk in place of the coconut milk if I don't have any in hand. Can't get any more natural than that.

Katem
August 16th, 2016, 10:43 AM
I second this, I love the oil(s) and honey mask and for a change, I do coconut milk soaks, I also use goat milk in place of the coconut milk if I don't have any in hand. Can't get any more natural than that.

what does a coconut milk soak do?

littlestarface
August 16th, 2016, 11:56 AM
Lol traders hoes

Loool oops, never type when your sleepy.

reilly0167
August 19th, 2016, 06:40 PM
Sorry I haven't respond in a while, life got in the way. Anywho I use full fat coconut milk with a bit if honey. I find find it very moisturizing and soothing to my scalp, and I love making a henna gloss with it, recommended by one of the members here, (a big thank you). I now use xanthum gum to thicken it because it was sooo drippy bit with this added, its so much better.

jaquelines
August 21st, 2016, 02:59 AM
It looks like Calia is not using the INCI nomenclature to disclose the real chemical names of the ingredients, is this even legal in Canada?

What would be the real names, any idea? At least for the red alarm ingredients?