PDA

View Full Version : I BIG chopped!!!

H o n є y ❤
August 4th, 2016, 01:30 PM
Today is the day of my monthly S&D and trim. But instead I went to the salon to get a big chop. I was so tired of dealing with my hair the way it was. It had splits everywhere and too many different lengths. I originally planned to cut the damage away slowly and maintain my hair at BSL as my shorter layers grew out but I could just not wait that long!

So I bit the bullet and went from this:

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g278/frazierkala/Mobile%20Uploads/20160710_112929_zpszzhpbxvx.jpg

To this:

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g278/frazierkala/Mobile%20Uploads/20160804_135051_zpsjtsf60v7.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g278/frazierkala/Mobile%20Uploads/20160804_122224_zps885jx37s.jpg

In the first picture, you can see the different I'm lengths as the front of my hair was shorter than the back. I am very excited and optimistic! I reeeally hope that I get it right this time because I feel like I know how to take care of my hair now. Sometimes you just have to start all over! I love the way my hair feels. It feels like I'm touching a toddlers hair it's so adorable, short and curly! I will admit though, I like the way it feels better than it looks because my hair is naturally thin. Nonetheless, I can't wait to experience the greatness of growing your hair from extremely short to very long! I'm gonna join the "Super Shorties" thread! #healthoverlength

slynr
August 4th, 2016, 01:45 PM
Wow!! That is a big chop but it looks fantastic! Congratulations and enjoy being rid of all the damaged parts. Now you can have a fresh start!

Arctic
August 4th, 2016, 02:01 PM
I LOVE your new hair! Congrats on taking the big step! :cheer: It's so lovely shape and suits you extremely well, and that's so effortless to let grow from now on. How long is your new hair stretched?

Happy and speedy growing!

lapushka
August 4th, 2016, 02:12 PM
That's sure very brave of you, and very short, but it looks so *cute* on you! :D And it's as if the texture is better as well. IDK why but you have awesome curl definition in the short pictures! Seems far less dry.

lapis_lazuli
August 4th, 2016, 02:23 PM
It looks great! :D Congrats on this first step. Keep growing! :cheer:

H o n є y ❤
August 4th, 2016, 02:41 PM
Wow!! That is a big chop but it looks fantastic! Congratulations and enjoy being rid of all the damaged parts. Now you can have a fresh start!

It looks great! :D Congrats on this first step. Keep growing! :cheer:
Thanks so much guys!! :D

I LOVE your new hair! Congrats on taking the big step! :cheer: It's so lovely shape and suits you extremely well, and that's so effortless to let grow from now on. How long is your new hair stretched?

Happy and speedy growing!
Thanks! It is a little pass my ears on the sides, touches about the middle of my neck in the back, and in between my eyebrows in the front.

That's sure very brave of you, and very short, but it looks so *cute* on you! :D And it's as if the texture is better as well. IDK why but you have awesome curl definition in the short pictures! Seems far less dry.
Thank you I was in shock when I first did it! It looks less curly in the longer photo because I fluffed out my hair to give it a little bit of thickness. The newer photos are after washing and putting product in my hair.

lunasea
August 4th, 2016, 02:44 PM
Fabulous !

vampyyri
August 4th, 2016, 02:52 PM
Can I just say how adorable and happy you look in your after picture? :grin: It looks great!

Happy growing! :cheer:

spidermom
August 4th, 2016, 02:56 PM
Wow! The new length really seems to suit you. I hope you enjoy the grow-out.

Hairkay
August 4th, 2016, 03:07 PM
I'm agreeing on the cute cut, Honey.

Deborah
August 4th, 2016, 03:08 PM
It looks wonderful! Great job.:flower:

lapushka
August 4th, 2016, 03:09 PM
Thank you I was in shock when I first did it! It looks less curly in the longer photo because I fluffed out my hair to give it a little bit of thickness. The newer photos are after washing and putting product in my hair.

Ah, that explains it perfectly. Sorry for assuming your hair was dry. :o I apologize.

HairPlease
August 4th, 2016, 03:43 PM
Wow, it looks great on you! I love it. :D

Groovy Granny
August 4th, 2016, 03:45 PM
That looks great :thumbsup:

Enjoy the journey...wherever it takes you going forward :cheer:

rmani
August 4th, 2016, 04:36 PM
What a beautiful cut! Congrats on taking the plunge :)

turtlelover
August 4th, 2016, 08:40 PM
You look adorable. Enjoy the grow out! :-)

dansyl
August 4th, 2016, 10:54 PM
It's perfect!

H o n є y ❤
August 5th, 2016, 07:01 AM
Ah, that explains it perfectly. Sorry for assuming your hair was dry. :o I apologize.
No worries!

Thanks again everyone. :o

triumphator!
August 5th, 2016, 08:48 AM
Oh man, I know your goal is long hair, but short hair really suits you too. You look great, I think you made a good decision! Now onward to epic lengths!

Unzadi
August 6th, 2016, 07:53 AM
Absolutely gorgeous! Enjoy every step of the journey, wherever it goes.