PDA

View Full Version : DreamSheep - 2 years on the LHC - My hair reaches the bottom of my dress!

DreamSheep
August 4th, 2016, 12:02 PM
Hi everyone!!

I just realised that another year on the LHC has come and gone, and I really wanted to make a post like I did last year. My first picture on the LHC was me wearing this short yellow dress, and finally, two years later, my longest hairs actually reach its hem which is very exciting (though means this dress might not serve as an accurate marker in the future). (Link to last year's thread here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=133246))

This year has been a bit busier and more stressful so I haven't been online as much as I used to and I admit I haven't cared for my hair as much as I used to (and probably should trim soon too...), but like last year I wanted to share an update to show what I've learnt this year and some of my favourite 'hair moments'.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/magikspiffy/Hairgrowth.png

I had a picture with my arms crossed to perfectly match the others, but the hair was blurred. :p Anyway, the very very tip just peeks over the hemline which is very exciting!! I hit classic earlier this year, I can finally do nauthilus buns comfortably and I can actually sit on my hair (this is less fun)! I also dyed it red and orange, and even tried dying my entire head of hair with Directions (though it has mostly washed out over Summer due to the sea and chlorine). Otherwise, I've had no trims since the middle picture, so for those in lapushka's no trim challenge - you can see how much hair can grow!! (and I'd consider my hair to be average or even slightly slow on the growth side, as being fine, the ends do fall off...).

I've also had the chance to meet many lovely members, try out new hair toys and learn new things about my hair. I know I've been a bit more absent recently - but I do keep checking in every now and then and learning more. ^_^

Like last year, I'm going to include another 9 pictures I'm really happy with to round off the post. I've nicked them off my instagram, because I can't find the originals to stick into photobucket (so apologies for the quality, and the ones that are mirrored or double are simply so all of the hair could fit in the restrictive instagram frame, not because I'm pretending I have two heads :p)

1) My sports/martial arts braid - I'm proud of this one because unlike most pretty hairstyles I wear, this one I did myself!
https://scontent-mad1-1.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/e35/12080549_507060772804351_1086406191_n.jpg

2) Hair in the Autumn/Fall - I liked the colour here, and I was brushing classic with the longest strands. This was after using an egg mask
https://scontent-mad1-1.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/e35/11881631_424925854383458_1755468020_n.jpg

3) Epic spiral braid hairstyle a friend did!
https://scontent-mad1-1.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/e35/11410513_1519809695009807_1531648245_n.jpg

4) Possibly my favouritest length picture, and also when I thought I hit classic
https://scontent-mad1-1.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/e35/12331930_1626350207627509_830657113_n.jpg

5) Gumball's prowess. There is also a short video of all angles here (https://www.instagram.com/p/BAol6O-vf8H/) - because he did an absolutely incredible work of art!
https://scontent-mad1-1.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/e35/12543116_177501429278016_1595975375_n.jpg

6) Round braid minaa made and taught me how to do
https://scontent-mad1-1.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/e35/10654990_507346722770675_1973772297_n.jpg

7) This was a teaser for a science talk I gave on Randomness, but I'm sharing it here because I like how my hair behaved in it. For a very random piece of information, it was the advice of the founder of the Ig Nobel prizes to do this with my hair as a "random thing":
https://j.gifs.com/NkgNqp.gif (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70V_WP9Vusw&ab_channel=DrawCuriosity)
(in theory, the image should link to the talk - but it's not about hair, but about maths and randomness)

8) Red dip dye using Directions Coral Red and how much it faded in 2 months
https://scontent-mad1-1.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/e35/12912800_366680536789466_766363928_n.jpg

9) I decided to dye my entire head of hair - Directions Flame over faded Coral red on tips, Directions Coral red on the top of my head :). It's all faded out though from sun, swimming pool and sea though
https://scontent-mad1-1.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/e35/13113811_223982497984797_286452006_n.jpg

I have to run off to the airport, but I'll probably edit this post later to include more things I learnt, as I'd like this to be an informative post rather than a photodump. :) [and also to try and make the pics smaller, but I do have to run now!]

Anya15
August 4th, 2016, 12:13 PM
DreamSheep, your hair is gorgeous. :crush: I love the natural color as well as the red. Congrats on 2 years!

Your braid thickness is astounding. :thudpile: Your pony circ must be like 6-7". :agape:

summergame
August 4th, 2016, 12:33 PM
Congrats Dreamsheep! I must say that you have my dreamhair and you are an inspiration to look at on this board! Love your hair very much!

lapushka
August 4th, 2016, 12:36 PM
Wow that is really pretty and boy, it has grown quite a bit! Nice! :D

Congratulations! :cheer:

DaveDecker
August 4th, 2016, 12:36 PM
DreamSheep, your hair is amazing! :thudpile:

Groovy Granny
August 4th, 2016, 12:51 PM
:agape: GORGEOUS

AMAZING :thud:

Congrats :flowers:

Pinni
August 4th, 2016, 12:59 PM
Your hair is so stunning! :thudpile: Congrats on 2 years!

Agnieszka
August 4th, 2016, 01:02 PM
You are beautiful and your hair is stunning!!! I really enjoyed watching your video even though I'm useless with maths :-) Looking at your hair makes me happy :-)))

Fru fru
August 4th, 2016, 01:04 PM
I'm joining the :thudpile: your hair is gorgeous and so thick!

Arctic
August 4th, 2016, 01:09 PM
Congrats!!! Your hair is probably braider's dream hair, so no wonder you included braid pictures! I have loved all the reds you've had so far, they suit you very well!

vampyyri
August 4th, 2016, 01:10 PM
Oh my... I think I know what my new length goal is :thud: Your hair is so gorgeous!! How did you get the dye to fade without leaving a tint behind? That's amazing!

:thudpile:

Liv
August 4th, 2016, 01:14 PM
Beautiful hair, so long and thick.:agape:

parkmikii
August 4th, 2016, 01:15 PM
Your hair is so gorgeous! ♥

lithostoic
August 4th, 2016, 01:16 PM
Beautiful, envious of the thickness.

mermaid lullaby
August 4th, 2016, 01:21 PM
Dreamsheep! That is beautiful :thud:

diddiedaisy
August 4th, 2016, 01:35 PM
:thudpile:
You have the thickest braid I have ever seen, amazing hair. Congratulations :)

schweedie
August 4th, 2016, 01:41 PM
Your hair is just stunning. Never stops wowing me when I see pictures!

Dessi
August 4th, 2016, 01:44 PM
Congratulations! Your hair has always been impressive and beautiful! :) And the red suits your hair very much. :flower:

rmani
August 4th, 2016, 01:47 PM
Congrats! Your hair is so thick and beautiful!

Wosie
August 4th, 2016, 01:58 PM
Majestic, gorgeous hair--but most of all you have a beautiful personality and genuine kindness about you. :3 Happy hairiversary and I'll for sure be looking forward to see your hair's continuing evolution. :cheer:

samanthaa
August 4th, 2016, 02:14 PM
So beautiful! Happy two years!

lapis_lazuli
August 4th, 2016, 02:25 PM
Absolutely stunning :applause :thudpile:
Congrats!!!

spidermom
August 4th, 2016, 02:30 PM
Wow, the red is dazzling, even after fading.

adrenaline
August 4th, 2016, 03:10 PM
Beautiful pictures, DreamSheep! Your hair is stunning and absolutely gorgeous! :o Love your natural hair color and the thickness. How long do you want your hair to be? Happy "hairversary"! :cake:
I thought you are a biologist? Did you also studied maths? :o

meteor
August 4th, 2016, 03:28 PM
Yay, Happy Hairiversary, DreamSheep! :cake: :joy:

Your hair is absolutely STUNNING! :applause I love all those colors so much - natural, or intense red/orange, or faded rose gold... - they are all amazing! :D
And Gumball and the friend who did the Spiral braid on you are geniuses at braiding! :thud: Just Wow! :applause

Happy Hairiversary, DreamSheep! :joy: :bottomsup:

Beatnik Guy
August 4th, 2016, 06:16 PM
What great progress! :agape:

Happy Hairniversary.

Llama
August 4th, 2016, 06:26 PM
Suuuuuuuuuuuuch gorgeous hair! Congrats on 2 years!

ephemeri
August 4th, 2016, 06:26 PM
Thank you so much for sharing. Congrats on 2 years! Your hair is truly an inspiration!

Lilith91
August 4th, 2016, 06:36 PM
So gorgeous!

DreamSheep, is your username a reference to the Kate Bush song "And Dream of Sheep"?

papayatree
August 4th, 2016, 06:37 PM
Amazing Progress DreamSheep! The future is very bright for you, sonkeep up the great work!

slynr
August 4th, 2016, 06:45 PM
Gorgeous!!:thudpile::thudpile:

EdG
August 4th, 2016, 07:45 PM
You have incredibly thick hair. :thudpile:

It was great meeting you earlier this year!
Ed

MidnightMoon
August 4th, 2016, 08:07 PM
Lovely hair is all I can say :crush:

DakarNick
August 4th, 2016, 09:06 PM
Beautiful hair. I enjoyed your randomness video. Speaking of randomness/chaos, have you read Lucifer's Legacy?

Ambystoma
August 4th, 2016, 09:51 PM
:thudpile: Wow! It's so beautiful!

Doreen
August 4th, 2016, 09:59 PM
Your hair is so beautiful!! Your wave pattern is gorgeous. I love that round braid too. :)

missmagoo
August 4th, 2016, 10:01 PM
Yup, just super pretty hair! I love your tutorial videos :)

pailin
August 4th, 2016, 10:05 PM
Gorgeous hair! And that braid...​.. Wow.
I love the reds you got when you dyed it too!

TatsuOni
August 5th, 2016, 04:49 AM
Congrats! :cheer: Wonderful hair! :thud:

DreamSheep
August 5th, 2016, 09:23 AM
Aww, thank you everyone!! <3

Your pony circ must be like 6-7".
Hee hee - I wish! It definitely isn't though, it has always been somewhere between 5 and 6, though I've shed so much recently...
I decided to measure which I haven't done in aaaages, and it's just under 5,7 inches or 14.5 cm (and 43 inches or 109.5cm long)

I really enjoyed watching your video even though I'm useless with maths :-)
Yay - thanks! :) That's what I want, for it to be videos fun for people to watch regardless of expertise, so that's encouraging!

I have loved all the reds you've had so far, they suit you very well!
Thank you so much! :) I love all the reds too. I'm going to pluck up the courage to try a purple-red-orange gradient next :)

How did you get the dye to fade without leaving a tint behind? That's amazing!
After 2 months, the vibrancy fades out, and I found that going to the swimming pool, but especially, dunking my head in the sea (so possible salty water?) sucked the colour out by the end of the day. I'd say it has left a very slight tint, but it is practically imperceptible

Majestic, gorgeous hair--but most of all you have a beautiful personality and genuine kindness about you. :3 Happy hairiversary and I'll for sure be looking forward to see your hair's continuing evolution.
Aww, thank you so much Wosie <3

Beautiful pictures, DreamSheep! Your hair is stunning and absolutely gorgeous! Love your natural hair color and the thickness. How long do you want your hair to be? Happy "hairversary"!
I thought you are a biologist? Did you also studied maths?
Thank you adrenaline! <3
I don't know if I have a length goal, but I do have a time goal - to not significantly cut my hair until I finish my PhD (about 1.5 years left right now), though I'm curious if I could reach knee. I don't think I'll have super long hair forever though, I like it but I also want to move to a warmer country and it can be a bit inconvenient there.
And yes - well, I'm sort of a biology/engineer, but I participated in lots of maths events and Olympiads before starting University, so I do enjoy recreational maths. :)

DreamSheep, is your username a reference to the Kate Bush song "And Dream of Sheep"?
I hadn't heard of that song - I should go listen to it! :) It came from an old nickname my friends used to call me "Ovejita Morada" (small purple sheep) because of a fluffy purple jacket I used to own, and I thought that was a dream-like sheep to be that colour.

It was great meeting you earlier this year!
Ed
It was lovely to meet you too (and everyone who came along to the meet in London, Bay Area and Portland <3)!

Beautiful hair. I enjoyed your randomness video. Speaking of randomness/chaos, have you read Lucifer's Legacy?
I have not - it's going on my book list! ^_^ Thank you very much!

school of fish
August 5th, 2016, 09:32 AM
DreamSheep = DreamHair!!! :D :D

Anya15
August 5th, 2016, 12:00 PM
5.7" is huuuge in itself :) I wish my braids were that thick! I'm a 5".

hypersensitive
August 5th, 2016, 12:10 PM
Just gorgeous! What a red! Congrats!

calmyogi
August 5th, 2016, 12:39 PM
Beautiful!

I'm so envious of how thick it is!

Platzhalter
August 5th, 2016, 01:05 PM
Wow... the growth, the thickness and rocking both red, blonde and brunette hair... it's awesome. And glad to see you learned another braid :)
Just wondering, and maybe oversaw the question/answer in case someone already asked this... but will you be at the London Summer Meetup this year?

Wavelength
August 5th, 2016, 01:07 PM
Holy hell, girl! That thickness! And the red(s)! I've got some serious hair envy right now. My hair is about the same length as yours but all I get out of it is a skinny little braid -- not even half as thick as one of yours.

My hair wants to be like yours when it grows up! :p

Hailwidis
August 5th, 2016, 01:35 PM
Congratulations on your hairversary DreamSheep! I love that length on you. And as usual, your hair is absolutely incredible :)

iYaap
August 5th, 2016, 02:23 PM
My name rhymes with schaap which means sheep in Dutch. But that doesn't annoy me any longer because I agree: "Dream sheep = Dream hair". And it also makes you my favorite scheep!! :hifive:

No but seriously, happy anniversary and I hope for many hair celebrations in the future. Grow it strong and remember: "Patience is sensations" especially with your hair! x Jaap

WannabeViking
August 5th, 2016, 02:33 PM
WOW!! Your hair is amazingly thick. Don't think I have ever seen hair quite like that! Your braid is like a massive rope! :)

Duchess Fuzzy Buns
August 5th, 2016, 04:51 PM
Very impressive growth DreamSheep! And my gosh, your braids... :thudpile:

raemarthe
August 5th, 2016, 05:23 PM
I LOVE your hair! It's so thick and beautiful! Congrats!

QuietVixen
August 5th, 2016, 05:43 PM
Wow! Your hair is beautiful! As a person with a natural color similar to your brown hair, it really inspires me to grow it longer because your hair is gorgeous. All the colors you've had your hair are beyond beautiful. It looks really healthy too. I wish my hair was as thick as yours. Congratulations on waiting for the length and also on your work towards your PhD! I hope you complete both your hair and academic goals!

Katem
August 5th, 2016, 06:14 PM
before you dyed your hair red, it reminded me of Sarah Nagel's. both colors look lovely!

Mimha
August 6th, 2016, 04:17 AM
Dreamsheep, your hair is simply phe-no-me-nal !! :thudpile: :thudpile:

And I love your natural hair color too, you know : it is soft and so beautiful, and suits you so well !... :crush:
I don't even mention your thudworthy thickness. At this length, it makes you look like a dreamy Disney creature ! :queen: :cloud9:

Sunshine&Opals
August 6th, 2016, 04:24 AM
Congrats, Dreamsheep! Love the texture and length of your hair. - amazing!

embee
August 6th, 2016, 10:47 AM
Hair looks *wonderful*. And it must be three times as thick as mine. Geez, envy envy envy! Probably I could do buns sooner... but I sure would like a thicker hemline --- at my current length. :)

Agnes Hannah
August 6th, 2016, 01:24 PM
Wow Dreamsheep!!
Your hair is thicker than my entire arm!!!!
Congrats x

Krytta
August 6th, 2016, 03:40 PM
Your hair is beautiful :flower:
Thanks for sharing, it was nice to read your progress and see your hair pictures :o

Hairkay
August 6th, 2016, 03:53 PM
Congratulations Dreamsheep,

it looks beautiful.

Vanilla
August 6th, 2016, 05:09 PM
Congrats Dreamsheep! Classic looks beautiful on you!

AspenSong
August 6th, 2016, 09:07 PM
Aw, so you didn't end up cutting it all off like you were talking! Good! I'm sure we'd all have super missed your hair! It's so thick it just seems almost unreal! I just simply cannot believe your braids!!
Congrats! :D

FallingDarkness
August 7th, 2016, 01:31 AM
Omg. I am in love. Your hair might be the prettiest hair I've ever seen (which is saying a LOT because we have so many gorgeous manes here!). Congratulations on your progress, and keep it up. You and your hair are both amazing.

Johannah
August 7th, 2016, 03:30 AM
I don't even know what to say. I'll just join the thudpile.

:thudpile::thudpile::thudpile:

DreamSheep
August 9th, 2016, 01:15 PM
Thank you everyone for your lovely comments :) I swear, everyone here is the loveliest <3
The plan for now will be to grow at least until I leave the UK, and then I may debate cutting to my preferred length, or possibly restarting my journey to experiment a bit more on the way! :)

triumphator!
August 9th, 2016, 01:43 PM
Good gracious, your hair is gorgeous. :applause Congrats!!

Ilax
August 9th, 2016, 10:08 PM
Dream Sheep I love your hair. They are really beautiful. The braids are really wonderful :yumm:

Kat-Rinnč Naido
September 1st, 2016, 07:38 AM
Congratulations DreamSheep😘 Your hair is awesome. You are an inspiration. Happy Hair-versary. Thank you for sharing

Mooihaar
September 1st, 2016, 10:52 AM
congratulations on your hair-versary!
Super beautiful long hair. I particularly like the bright red, very cool !

Totty
September 1st, 2016, 02:05 PM
O wow..... I'm jealous

Str0wberryblond
September 1st, 2016, 02:59 PM
DreamSheep just wow! That thickness and colours, amazing :thud:

spidermom
September 1st, 2016, 09:35 PM
oh yes, and I forgot to say how incredibly beautiful your hair is. I wish mine were like that instead of doing the frizz-fest bushy thing.

Lisa Long4Life
September 2nd, 2016, 03:42 PM
Wow I can't believe I missed this thread (I have been on holiday though). Your hair is beautiful, so thick & healthy :thud:

ArtificiallyRed
September 4th, 2016, 10:05 AM
Your hair is my dream hair!!
I love those reds! I've been using Directions too (Vermillion) on mine for a while now :)

Pantha
September 4th, 2016, 11:17 AM
Congratulations on reaching classic, your hair is sooo thick and healthy looking.

Breanna
September 5th, 2016, 11:06 AM
Congratulations Sheepy!!! How exciting to see how much your hair has changed! Come to think of it, I think I passed my anniverssary long ago and should maybe make a post...

Hailwidis
September 7th, 2016, 03:42 AM
DreamSheep, something really funny happened today.

I came home from school and was just relaxing. My boyfriend turned to me and said: "oh, I watched Tom Scott's (youtuber) latest videos and there's one with hair that'll probably make you jealous". He looks it up and starts playing, and it's a really interesting video about weird vision phenomena, and the girl talking does indeed have an incredibly thick braid. And then I look closer and I think... wait a minute! She looks just like DreamSheep! :laugh: I couldn't believe my boyfriend randomly came across a video of you, and it was pretty awesome thinking: hey, I know that girl on LHC. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKQT1MXfasM

Love your videos, very interesting.