PDA

View Full Version : Egg Hair Treatment gone wrong! Please Help!

royfokker
August 3rd, 2016, 01:05 PM
I recently used a egg treatment (mixed raw egg with olive oil) and put in my hair. I was supposed to only keep it in my hair for 10-15 minutes buy fell asleep and it was on for 2-3 hrs. I have naturally wavy thick but it has been a month since the treatment and i am losing an unusual amount of hair and my hair has a permanent dryness. I am a no-pooer and only use coconut oil/avocado/aragon oil/almond oil however I cant get my good hair back. Does anyone have any great natural treatments I can try to restore my hair to glory! PLEASE HELP!

lapushka
August 3rd, 2016, 01:59 PM
I doubt it's the egg treatment, so much down the line (a month).

Has anything else changed in your routine?

Do you clarify-wash at times, because it might be time for that. If I don't wash for a long time, then my hair starts to fall out more.

vampyyri
August 3rd, 2016, 02:07 PM
Clarify, keep conditioner off you scalp, and find yourself a silicone free conditioner to do a deep treatment with! Oils will only help so much (they don't penetrate the hair shaft, minus coconut oil which acts like a protein in how it binds), and if you protein overloaded your hair, you need moisture.

meteor
August 3rd, 2016, 03:18 PM
Another vote for clarifying.
Depending on how bad the situation is, it might take more than one clarifying session, so I'd moisturize well (with a conditioner that works well for you) after every clarifying wash.

calmyogi
August 3rd, 2016, 03:23 PM
You could have mineral build up from your water if your water only. So clarifying, or checking out the WO thread would probably help you.

royfokker
August 4th, 2016, 04:14 PM
Yeah, I dont clarify. I dont even know that that means. I only wash my hair once or twice a week and only use fresh coconut milk. and spray with aragon oil or almond oil.

royfokker
August 4th, 2016, 04:17 PM
Is there a no-poo clarifier?

Anje
August 4th, 2016, 05:07 PM
Time to make an exception to your usual washing. Get a sulfate-containing clarifying shampoo and wash your full length with it, maybe even twice. You can go back to no-poo after if you wish, but sometimes you need a stronger wash as a reset.

I'd follow this up with a moisture treatment. The SMT in my signature is good, but if you want to try something like a blended fruit, yogurt and honey mask instead, that might work. Leave it in for maybe 30 minutes, then rinse.

Edit: by "no-poo", you don't mean you're washing with baking soda, do you? I think I've only seen one or two people able to successfully do this long-term. The rest have had to quit because it dried and damaged their hair badly.

spidermom
August 4th, 2016, 05:31 PM
Ack; if you use baking soda, that was the worst thing EVER for my hair.

Carolyn
August 4th, 2016, 05:41 PM
Time to make an exception to your usual washing. Get a sulfate-containing clarifying shampoo and wash your full length with it, maybe even twice. You can go back to no-poo after if you wish, but sometimes you need a stronger wash as a reset.

I'd follow this up with a moisture treatment. The SMT in my signature is good, but if you want to try something like a blended fruit, yogurt and honey mask instead, that might work. Leave it in for maybe 30 minutes, then rinse.

Edit: by "no-poo", you don't mean you're washing with baking soda, do you? I think I've only seen one or two people able to successfully do this long-term. The rest have had to quit because it dried and damaged their hair badly.

Yes to all of this. It's not going to hurt you to use commercial S & C now and then. Egg is protein and you may have over proteined your hair. When I go that I get a ton of breakage and splits several inches up from my ends. The hair just cracks off. What you need now is to start at square one so to speak. Clarify. Buy a check clarifying shampoo. Walmart should have one such as Suave or VO5. Then do a SMT which is a moisturizing deep treatment. It won't hurt if you fall asleep during this one. And whatever you do don't try to clarify with baking soda. It's harsh and stripping and will trash your already hurting hair.

vampyyri
August 4th, 2016, 09:02 PM

This... shampoo and conditioner are not bad by any means. If you need a reset, you need to use something strong enough to do so!