PDA

View Full Version : A belated 6-year LHC anniversary and a "Whoops, that's a bit of a chop"

schweedie
August 3rd, 2016, 09:00 AM
I completely forgot about my LHC anniversary this year! I guess you could say I've been hardcore practising benign neglect - not even on purpose, I really have just not paid attention to my hair. I had my first trim - or, well, chop; we'll get to that - since December this afternoon, which was what reminded me.

I was at classic for my anniversary last year, and when I last had my hair cut at the end of December that was also a pretty big cut. I was nearly mid-thigh length when I went in and came out with this:

http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k626/growingmyhair/DSC09814_zpsybc7bqva.jpg

That was totally on purpose, though, and a length that I really enjoyed. That was also what I wanted and gave directions for today, but my hairdresser who is usually so reliable cut quite a bit more. Before and after:

http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k626/growingmyhair/DSC01899_zpsnwf9wh0f.jpg http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k626/growingmyhair/DSC01926_zpsfur9g83w.jpg

I guess I'm at... hip, maybe, just about? Pretty sure this is the shortest my hair has been in almost four years, which does make me a wee bit sad. But hey, it'll grow back. And I HAVE actually been thinking of cutting back to this length but just couldn't make up my mind - maybe having the decision made for me will turn out to be a good thing! It does feel pretty great, and the ends are so so soft. What annoys me most is that my go-to buns won't work the way I'm used to for a while.

What with the whole neglect thing I don't really have a lot of pictures from this year, but a braid comparison pre- and post cut I can do:

http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k626/growingmyhair/DSC01860_zpso3xx0hjm.jpg http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k626/growingmyhair/DSC01928_zpsqfvkkcdb.jpg

(WOW, it's short. *sniff*)

pailin
August 3rd, 2016, 09:06 AM
Wow, that is a lot cut. But your hair is really beautiful.
Glad to see you on here again!

calmyogi
August 3rd, 2016, 09:07 AM
Beautiful! Idk if I would of handled that much of a cut without my permission though.

vampyyri
August 3rd, 2016, 09:09 AM
Oh my, that's a lot that they cut off... how do you even accidentally do that? :doh:

It looks beautiful regardless! :flower:

lapushka
August 3rd, 2016, 09:13 AM
Congrats on your anniversary. Why the heck is it that hairdressers always have to cut more than you want?

You could trim it yourself fairly easily at this length, though.

Groovy Granny
August 3rd, 2016, 09:15 AM
Congrats....what pretty hair .....at any length!
It looks so thick and shiny. :thumbsup:
It will grow back fast....and healthy :cheer:

schweedie
August 3rd, 2016, 09:20 AM
Thanks, guys! :flower:

Beautiful! Idk if I would of handled that much of a cut without my permission though.

Oh my, that's a lot that they cut off... how do you even accidentally do that? :doh:
Yeah, I didn't actually quite realise how short it was until I got home, because I was wearing a black dress with a flowy skirt - when she did the mirror thing afterwards I didn't have any clear markers to go by. I did think it felt shorter than I expected, but I thought it was just the regular newly-trimmed feeling. :/

Congrats on your anniversary. Why the heck is it that hairdressers always have to cut more than you want?
Well, to be fair, she has been wonderful at cutting my hair the exact way I ask her to for over six years, so it isn't like she's a repeat offender.

I do wonder how this happened, though - I could've sworn I put my hand a little above BCL when I showed her how I wanted it. Sigh.

brickworld13
August 3rd, 2016, 09:26 AM
Congratulations.

lithostoic
August 3rd, 2016, 09:32 AM
Congrats! c:

Arctic
August 3rd, 2016, 09:49 AM
You hair is probably all LHC grown by now, so no wonder your ends are feeling so great! It looks beautiful now; may you soon find more reliable buns for your current length. And congrats on anniversary!

Deborah
August 3rd, 2016, 10:17 AM
It looks beautiful! It will soon grow back, and it is still plenty long. Buns always do feel awkward to do after a cut, but you will soon adjust. Just enjoy those fresh, soft ends!:flower:

Estrid
August 3rd, 2016, 10:26 AM
Beautiful hair and congrats on your (belated) LHC anniversary! :o

Mirabele
August 3rd, 2016, 10:39 AM
That was a big chop, i agree, i would probably be mad myself. Your hair is a dream, a perfection, i like it both before and after. Congratulations on your anniversary!

JadedByEntropy
August 3rd, 2016, 11:11 AM
Thats what i just did to myself. tried for 10" and gave myself 12" :/ right where yours is.

i hope you enjoy the little steps on your way back to where your aim had been. And can do all your buns still. :D

yogagirl
August 3rd, 2016, 12:01 PM
Happy 6 years schweedie!! And welcome back :)

Your hair is gorgeous as always! Ive always admired your sleek mane. I'm sorry about the unexpected chop, but I am glad you are not too too upset about it.

Shepherdess
August 3rd, 2016, 12:16 PM
Happy 6 year LHC anniversary!!! :cheer: You have always had such inspiring silky locks, and I'm glad you are still hanging around LHC! :flower: That must be frustrating having a big chop like that without intending that, but your hair looks so nice at all those lengths too!

diddiedaisy
August 3rd, 2016, 01:01 PM
Congratulations, beautiful hair and I love the colour :)

meteor
August 3rd, 2016, 03:10 PM
Happy Hairiversary, schweedie! :joy: :cake:

Your hair is absolutely stunning! :thud: That silkiness, that stunning golden shade.. Just Wow! :crush:

Happy Hairiversary, schweedie! :toast:

hypersensitive
August 3rd, 2016, 05:56 PM
Congrats! It looks great!

althara
August 3rd, 2016, 06:14 PM
It looks so pretty. An unexpected chop can be pretty tough sometimes, but it seems like it should grow back fairly quickly.

spidermom
August 3rd, 2016, 07:03 PM
Lovely hair, and I'm sure the lost length will grow back in while you aren't looking.

turtlelover
August 3rd, 2016, 10:04 PM
I love your hair, and your "short" length is my goal length! LOL!!!!

schweedie
August 4th, 2016, 01:22 PM
Thank you, everyone! :blossom: I had become a little bored of not actually having any sort of hair goal anymore, so I'm going to consider this an opportunity to enjoy actively growing it longer again.

A.D.
August 4th, 2016, 08:42 PM
Glad to hear you'll grow them longer again....who knows maybe even longer than before!