PDA

View Full Version : My second LHC anniversary! ~

Estrid
August 3rd, 2016, 01:27 AM
Seems like it has already gone two years! To be honest it feels just like that, two years. Growing hair sure is a slow process!

Due to me not being able to comfortably put my hair up earlier I don't have any "fun" photos to show, so I'll just fill this post with a bunch of length shots :bluebiggr

When I first joined my hair barely reached my shoulders, but I counted it as shoulderlength (because why not).
http://oi63.tinypic.com/nvoz6d.jpg

My hair sure had more movement when it was shorter, I sometimes miss it but not enough to cut it back. This is from a month or two after I joined:
http://oi68.tinypic.com/2e1w4fn.jpg

My first anniversary (had reached APL a few months prior so I was ~1,5 inch past APL I think):
http://oi66.tinypic.com/kb99o4.jpg

(I regret not deciding on a good top to take length shots in from the start, the top I used in the first and second (mostly to compare to the first) I've since then thrown away.)

And today:
http://oi64.tinypic.com/j0jfko.jpg

I have reached waist length and here I will remain for a while to microtrim away all the damage that has come from wearing it down all the time (and well, not cutting it since before I joined). Next years anniversary will probably not be as exciting for that reason, but I suppose I will have more updo-shots, since I can put my hair up now.

So well, I've gone from shoulders to waist length, I'm quite pleased with that.
I'm still not sure what my goal is. I believe I joined here with waist length in mind, but quickly changed to hip length. Both of those sound a bit short now, so I will probably aim for longer :p

http://oi68.tinypic.com/2jgmlw.jpg

Cheers :toast: :blossom:

pailin
August 3rd, 2016, 01:36 AM
Congratulations, and your hair is beautiful!

butterflybutton
August 3rd, 2016, 02:04 AM
It's grown so much in two years!! Your hair is so lovely

Wosie
August 3rd, 2016, 02:27 AM
Your hair colour is glorious, Estrid. :thud: Your hair has grown so quickly and beautifully! I hope you're very happy with your progress, as you should be. :D Good luck with your future hairtastic years. :toast:

Arctic
August 3rd, 2016, 02:40 AM
That's absolutely incredible growth! :thud: Your hair is looking lovely, like spun gold! Congrats on your anniversary!

Elly May
August 3rd, 2016, 02:43 AM
Wow, what a difference! Your hair is lovely. Congratulations!

diddiedaisy
August 3rd, 2016, 03:30 AM
:thud: wow, that's incredible growth and amazing hair. Congratulations :)

Estrid
August 3rd, 2016, 03:37 AM
Thank you, everyone! :flowers:

I sure will try to enjoy this year of microtrimming, I might like it in the end, but I think it will be very frustrating the first months. Though, if my hair keeps growing in this rate, it will take two years to reach classic! But that would be two years of not trimming... So I guess it might take three years, not much gain this coming year, maybe 5 cm (2 inches), and then I'll maybe trim... how much do people normally trime very year? I guess it might be individual.

I'll try to wear my hair up as much as I can so that I never end up with this much damage ever again. Then I could maybe do one of those no trimming challenges in the future

ephemeri
August 3rd, 2016, 04:14 AM
Congratulations! Your hair looks fantastic. I love these LHC anniversaries! It's so fun to see how much growth you've had over 2 years. Amazing. :o

Mimha
August 3rd, 2016, 04:39 AM
Amazing growth, Estrid !! Your hair is beautiful, thick and healthy until the very ends ! And this unique color of yours !... :crush:

Oh yes, it is really worth growing out a little more to see how even more amazing it can get ! :p

Liv
August 3rd, 2016, 04:39 AM
Congratulations Estrid, your hair looks amazing.

Mirabele
August 3rd, 2016, 06:29 AM
So much growth!!! Congratulations! You hair looks really great!

lapushka
August 3rd, 2016, 06:32 AM
That is amazing progress! Congrats! :D

Kiiruna
August 3rd, 2016, 06:40 AM
You've made some great progress :) Beautiful hair with beautiful texture and beautiful colour.

samanthaa
August 3rd, 2016, 07:12 AM
Oh, wow, your color is gorgeous! Great progress for two years!

triumphator!
August 3rd, 2016, 07:21 AM
I love your color, texture, and thickness, all put together! Congrats on a beautiful head of hair! I can't wait to see bun pictures in the future :)

vampyyri
August 3rd, 2016, 07:43 AM
Congrats!! It looks amazing, and it grew so fast! :thud:

Lilith91
August 3rd, 2016, 07:48 AM
Wow, you have gorgeous hair-- it looks great at every length. Congrats on the wonderful growth!

browneyedsusan
August 3rd, 2016, 08:01 AM
Shoulders to waist in two years?!
That's some awesome growth!

Congratulations! :)

schweedie
August 3rd, 2016, 08:19 AM
Holy wow, Estrid, that's fantastic progress! And your hair is just beautiful.

lithostoic
August 3rd, 2016, 08:34 AM
Congrats c:

ReadingRenee
August 3rd, 2016, 08:50 AM
Amazing growth! Congratulations! Your hair looks great. :)

TatsuOni
August 3rd, 2016, 08:52 AM
Congrats! It's beautiful and how fast it've grown! :thud:

Estrid
August 3rd, 2016, 09:11 AM
Thank you, everyone!! :o

Groovy Granny
August 3rd, 2016, 09:13 AM
Beautiful :thud: the color...texture....length!
Congrats :flowers:

Deborah
August 3rd, 2016, 10:35 AM
Good for you! Your hear looks great!

Bhruninha
August 3rd, 2016, 10:44 AM
Your hair grows really fast! Beautiful hair and gorgeous color!

Shepherdess
August 3rd, 2016, 01:19 PM
That is some amazing growth there!! Congrats on your 2 year LHC anniversary!! :cheer:

Estrid
August 3rd, 2016, 05:50 PM
Thank you ^.^

I wonder how my hair will be in 5 years (random thought) ...

hypersensitive
August 3rd, 2016, 05:58 PM
Congrats! This length looks good on you!

kyoung221
August 3rd, 2016, 05:58 PM
Wow, beautiful! I can't believe how long it's gotten in two years!

yogagirl
August 3rd, 2016, 06:23 PM
Congratulations Estrid! Waist length looks great on you!

rmani
August 3rd, 2016, 06:44 PM
Congrats! Your hair is beautiful! Inspirational to hear these stories:) thanks for sharing with us!

Saige
August 3rd, 2016, 07:15 PM
Congratulations Estrid! Your hair is beautiful!

lapis_lazuli
August 3rd, 2016, 09:08 PM
You have very beautiful hair :) and such great growth! :thumbsup: Congrats!

Estrid
August 4th, 2016, 03:23 AM
Thank you, everyone!

I will do my best to learn to do more fun updos till next anniversary. Always said (and still do) that I want long hair to be able to make nice braids, I need to start learning because well... my hair should be long enough for some styles now x)

Arctic
August 4th, 2016, 04:54 AM
Of course it's long enough :) And the sooner you start learning the easier it is. Have fun!