PDA

View Full Version : The "Satisfied With My Hair" Thread

vampyyri
August 2nd, 2016, 12:05 PM
I remember when I first joined here, that I was very intrigued by cassia in particular for the strength and hue that it adds. Now I look back and wonder "Why?" :suspect:, and had a hair-epiphany, if you will.

I'm actually satisfied with my hair as it is. I have no desire to strengthen it, color it, wish it was thicker, wish it was wavier, or cut it... I'm just... happy with it! This is a big breakthrough for me, as I've always had an itch to do something to it. It's so strange!

Is there anyone else who is perfectly content with their locks? I'm curious to see who else has hair euphoria! :cloud9:

ETA: Not meant to be taken as arrogant/prideful type of thread, it's for everyone who has a color/routine/style/texture/length that they love and enjoy! It's all about hair acceptance & happiness!

Mimha
August 2nd, 2016, 12:47 PM
I remember when I first joined here, that I was very intrigued by cassia in particular for the strength and hue that it adds. Now I look back and wonder "Why?" :suspect:, and had a hair-epiphany, if you will.

I'm actually satisfied with my hair as it is. I have no desire to strengthen it, color it, wish it was thicker, wish it was wavier, or cut it... I'm just... happy with it! This is a big breakthrough for me, as I've always had an itch to do something to it. It's so strange!

Is there anyone else who is perfectly content with their locks? I'm curious to see who else has hair euphoria! :cloud9:

ETA: Sorry if there's another thread like this, feel free to merge them if that's the case!

Hi vampyyri ! :)

I'm afraid I am part of this self-satisfied group too, lol. Usually, self-satisfied people are not considered interesting because there is not much to talk about. Problems generate far more reactions and comments ! :laugh: So thank you for opening this thread of gratitude and thankfulness.

I could say a lot of things about my own version of hair happiness, but I'm just too tired tonight. I just wanted to comfort you that you are not alone to be hair-happy^^. I absolutely love my hair ! It is my war treasure, because I really realized I had beautiful hair very late in my life (in 2014, I was 49), after many years of hardship, health problems and a massive hair loss. In 2014, my hair had significantly improved and one day I kind of "noticed it was there again" !... Amazing, when I think of it. Before that, I just took it for granted. Now I know I'm lucky to have it. :)

... And by the way, I understand that you are fully happy with your hair : it is really very beautiful !

:flowers:

vampyyri
August 2nd, 2016, 12:54 PM
Hi vampyyri ! :)

I'm afraid I am part of this self-satisfied group too, lol. Usually, self-satisfied people are not considered interesting because there is not much to talk about. Problems generate far more reactions and comments ! :laugh: So thank you for opening this thread of gratitude and thankfulness.

I could say a lot of things about my own version of hair happiness, but I'm just too tired tonight. I just wanted to comfort you that you are not alone to be hair-happy^^. I absolutely love my hair ! It is my war treasure, because I really realized I had beautiful hair very late in my life (in 2014, I was 49), after many years of hardship, health problems and a massive hair loss. In 2014, my hair had significantly improved and one day I kind of "noticed it was there again" !... Amazing, when I think of it. Before that, I just took it for granted. Now I know I'm lucky to have it. :)

... And by the way, I understand that you are fully happy with your hair : it is really very beautiful !

:flowers:

Oh... I hope this didn't come off as an arrogant thread :scared:

I suppose it's not arrogance, but... acceptance? It feels good to not worry about it, and all the thoughts of changing anything with it stopped. I realized it only today that I haven't been wishing for something I don't have, and that it is fine as it is! No more envy!

& thank you, yours is beautiful as well! :flower:

Groovy Granny
August 2nd, 2016, 01:03 PM
You are BOTH beautiful :thud:

Great idea for a thread.....I will join :cheer:

3 years ago when I was just starting out with chin length layers, I could not envision being where I am....any time soon.... if ever.

But here I am ....at my goal and thrilled to have a head of long, silver, one length hair....just in time to celebrate my turning 65 in January :happydance:

It took months to get to be comfortable with the process, and more importantly....ACCEPTING OF MY HAIR TEXTURE....which became fine and curly as the silver grew in.

We all have visions of the perfect/dream hair, but life has a sense of humor... and often we are tempted to lust after a length, texture, color etc.

Last month, after reaching my longest hair length in my life (Hip), I decided to cut it back to Waist.
I wore it there in the 60's, 70's, and 90's and it seems to be my sweet spot.
My hair has great lift and curl, is long enough for updos, but can be worn down safely and comfortably.....so here I shall stay :)

I will do monthly dustings of racers and quarterly/seasonal chops to maintain, so I will hover above Hip 4 times a year anyway ;)

It feels awesome to be at goal....enjoying different styles and hair toys daily....and not stressings about a layer or goal to meet.

* I am in a 'hair toy time out' too...I have bought no new toys for over 4 months now ....finding satisfaction in many areas of life these days:wannabe:

lapis_lazuli
August 2nd, 2016, 01:06 PM
This is such a nice thread! :D I can't say I'm 100% satisfied with my hair at this point (wishing for more length :p) but it's something I am always striving for.

You all have lovely hair :) I'll definitely join you all when the time comes.

vampyyri
August 2nd, 2016, 01:20 PM
This is such a nice thread! :D I can't say I'm 100% satisfied with my hair at this point (wishing for more length :p) but it's something I am always striving for.

You all have lovely hair :) I'll definitely join you all when the time comes.

Length is still the one that gets to me from time to time as I do have a goal in mind (not sure of an exact point, but no longer than classic), but I figure I might as wise sit back and enjoy the growing journey, it's strangely soothing growing it out!

I feel so zen right now :lol:

neko_kawaii
August 2nd, 2016, 01:23 PM
Easily satisfied happy medium.

Cg
August 2nd, 2016, 02:09 PM
I love my hair. Imperfect by someone else's standards, perhaps, but I thoroughly enjoy the feel of my lengthening hair, love styling in various ways, laugh about the fails, and delight in the community of longhairs here.

Mimha
August 2nd, 2016, 02:12 PM
Oh... I hope this didn't come off as an arrogant thread :scared:

I suppose it's not arrogance, but... acceptance? It feels good to not worry about it, and all the thoughts of changing anything with it stopped. I realized it only today that I haven't been wishing for something I don't have, and that it is fine as it is! No more envy!

& thank you, yours is beautiful as well! :flower:

No, it's not arrogance at all : it's being grateful with what you've got. A kind of wiseness that makes you happy because you are no longer in the comparison, the competition or the envy. Or like me before my hair loss, in a kind of take-it-for-granted-and-just-don't-notice attitude.

I don't mean that I'm totally free of hair envy, however. When I see a magnificent head of hair, I think that this person is really lucky and I admire her hair like a beautiful expression of what Mother Nature, God or whatever you believe in can achieve on a human being. But not in a way that makes me feel bad about myself.

I feel it so relaxing not to have to be in competition with other girls or women, like we are when we are younger because there are boys glances to catch, a husband to find, and most of all : self-confidence to build and experience to get. I don't need to prove myself anything like that anymore. I don't care if people don't like my hair or envy it. It's their problem to cope with. My hair is a source of enjoyment and I enjoy every bit of it !... And also, I have discovered so recently how nice it is to share this enjoyment with people who feel the same ! Internet does have good sides. :)

Again, it doesn't mean I am totally zen with my hair either. When I'm so tired and down, I'm afraid to undergo another severe hair loss period. On the other hand, this helps me to keep the line when I'm becoming too lax with my regimen^^. Vanity at the service of health, bwahahah ! :laugh:

You are BOTH beautiful :thud:

Great idea for a thread.....I will join :cheer:

3 years ago when I was just starting out with chin length layers, I could not envision being where I am....any time soon.... if ever.

But here I am ....at my goal and thrilled to have a head of long, silver, one length hair....just in time to celebrate my turning 65 in January

It took months to get to be comfortable with the process, and more importantly....ACCEPTING OF MY HAIR TEXTURE....which became fine and curly as the silver grew in.

It feels awesome to be at goal....enjoying different styles and hair toys daily....and not stressings about a layer or goal to meet.

* I am in a 'hair toy time out' too...I have bought no new toys for over 4 months now ....finding satisfaction in many areas of life these days:wannabe:

Groovy Granny !!! You are such a positive, enthusiastic and cool person ! :love: I'm so happy for you that you can enjoy your hair like this for your 65th birthday ! My Mom is so much like you : so free inside ! (She is 69... yes she got me young :p) She enjoys every bit of all what she has got, even very little daily things, and doesn't feel like she has to please anyone except the ones she loves. I so admire her grateful attitude !...And her APL silver hair is part of it. Yours is much longer and I tried to convince her to grow hers longer (I showed her your pics^^) and she said she felt good being at APL, because it was the perfect length for her. My little Mom !... :love:

Groovy Granny
August 2nd, 2016, 02:57 PM
No, it's not arrogance at all : it's being grateful with what you've got. A kind of wiseness that makes you happy because you are no longer in the comparison, the competition or the envy. Or like me before my hair loss, in a kind of take-it-for-granted-and-just-don't-notice attitude.

I don't mean that I'm totally free of hair envy, however. When I see a magnificent head of hair, I think that this person is really lucky and I admire her hair like a beautiful expression of what Mother Nature, God or whatever you believe in can achieve on a human being. But not in a way that makes me feel bad about myself.

I feel it so relaxing not to have to be in competition with other girls or women, like we are when we are younger because there are boys glances to catch, a husband to find, and most of all : self-confidence to build and experience to get. I don't need to prove myself anything like that anymore. I don't care if people don't like my hair or envy it. It's their problem to cope with. My hair is a source of enjoyment and I enjoy every bit of it !... And also, I have discovered so recently how nice it is to share this enjoyment with people who feel the same ! Internet does have good sides. :)

Again, it doesn't mean I am totally zen with my hair either. When I'm so tired and down, I'm afraid to undergo another severe hair loss period. On the other hand, this helps me to keep the line when I'm becoming too lax with my regimen^^. Vanity at the service of health, bwahahah ! :laugh:

What she said....so perfectly :thumbsup:

Groovy Granny !!! You are such a positive, enthusiastic and cool person ! :love: I'm so happy for you that you can enjoy your hair like this for your 65th birthday ! My Mom is so much like you : so free inside ! (She is 69... yes she got me young :p) She enjoys every bit of all what she has got, even very little daily things, and doesn't feel like she has to please anyone except the ones she loves. I so admire her grateful attitude !...And her APL silver hair is part of it. Yours is much longer and I tried to convince her to grow hers longer (I showed her your pics^^) and she said she felt good being at APL, because it was the perfect length for her. My little Mom !... :love:

That is so very sweet of you to say :flower: thank you!

Blessings to your Mom...and you ((hugs))): she has an awesome and beautiful example to follow in you!

It may be she has found her 'sweet spot' at APL :thumbsup:

Mine now seems to be more around waist..... .I know it was back when I was a teenager too...and when I was your age.

My hair texture changes with the seasons, so I may stay @ waist in hot weather and keep it a bit longer in Winter :hmm:
Then again it is down more in cold weather, so who knows?! LOL

Waist is generally more comfortable and my hair looks better at that length I think.

Being so short in my torso, I don't get much additional growth between landmarks anyway (it just looks lanky); so I will hover between the two but won't be a solid Hip ...and definitely won't go past:shrug:

HairPlease
August 2nd, 2016, 03:06 PM
There's nothing arrogant about positivity and satisfaction. :flower: You all have such wonderful hair.
I don't want to change my hair one bit besides letting it grow. I wouldn't change it if I could, because I've truly found (recently) a routine that makes my hair and I perfectly happy with each other. It involves a bit of product, yes, but it's fun because it feels good to nourish my hair with oils and conditioners. I like the effort.

school of fish
August 2nd, 2016, 03:17 PM
It's so nice to see a thread where people are expressing satisfaction and pleasure about some physical aspect of themselves :)

I live here ;) A few years ago I came to acceptance of my hair's nature and ever since have felt gratitude and contentment in it. Sure, I'm still waiting growing out of layers but this acceptance and appreciation of my hair means I'm just as happy inside the journey as at the end of it :)

ladonna
August 2nd, 2016, 04:22 PM
I'm satisfied with my hair. I have finally figured out what it likes, and will continue do my routine. It only took me what 5-6 years lol.

vampyyri
August 2nd, 2016, 04:38 PM
I'm glad that there's so much positivity flowing in here! :crush::cloud9: I was really nervous about making this thread to be honest! :lol:

Groovy Granny
August 2nd, 2016, 04:42 PM
I'm satisfied with my hair. I have finally figured out what it likes, and will continue do my routine. It only took me what 5-6 years lol.

:agree: And I have come to accept the beauty in my hair for what it is; not comparing it to others for what it is....or is not.

That has led me to a great peace and joy....and even more creativity.... as I embrace/show the beauty of MY personal hair traits :flower:

vampyyri
August 2nd, 2016, 04:54 PM
:agree: And I have come to accept the beauty in my hair for what it is; not comparing it to others for what it is....or is not.

That has led me to a great peace and joy....and even more creativity.... as I embrace/show the beauty of MY personal hair traits :flower:

I completely agree, and I'm so glad I came to this conclusion, it's really empowering! We're all the way we are for a reason, and there's so many different facets of beauty!

Groovy Granny
August 2nd, 2016, 05:12 PM
I completely agree, and I'm so glad I came to this conclusion, it's really empowering! We're all the way we are for a reason, and there's so many different facets of beauty!

Beautifully said :thumbsup:

It is always so tempting to lust after another's traits that we perceive we are lacking, when in fact we should focus on our personal traits ....which gives us our unique beauty.

Yet we do it often :doh: .....speaking for myself of course :o

Though I have made great strides in this recently......better late than never at age 64+ :rollin:

And yes :agree: it IS empowering ....and freeing = JOY :joy:

Decoy24601
August 2nd, 2016, 05:29 PM
Overall, I'm satisfied with my hair. I do want to grow out my layers still and wish I had more length, but that doesn't detract from how I feel about my hair. There are things I don't like about it at times, but I'm at peace with that.

Entangled
August 2nd, 2016, 06:02 PM
I saw the title and all I could think of was big hero six. Are you satisfied with your hair?

vampyyri
August 2nd, 2016, 07:31 PM
I saw the title and all I could think of was big hero six. Are you satisfied with your hair?

I need to get out more... I haven't seen very many movies in my life :lol:

littlelivething
August 2nd, 2016, 08:53 PM
I spent most of the past 14 years of my life changing the color of my hair, giving myself crazy cuts--mostly short and/or asymmetrical. I wanted to look interesting more so than attractive because I have always struggled with wanting to look pretty (if that makes sense), and I didn't really know what to do without my naturally puffy/frizzy/curly hair. I had a mostly arbitrary thought a few months ago that I wanted to grow my hair long...not to look any kind of particular way, just see what my hair is like and wear it naturally and not always be struggling to figure out the next style or color or cut. I have only been growing it out for a year and a half, the last time I dyed it was last October (close to a year of un-dyed growth!), and as of now it is only a few centimeters past armpit length wet/pulled and just past collarbone natural, but it is long and healed/dye-free enough that I am finally getting the chance to become reacquainted with my hair and enjoy its company. This is the first time I have been able to do things like put my hair in buns and Dutch braids, and it is just as fun as a crazy new haircut without the commitment. I worry about a lot of things (mostly about my scalp dandruff issues, hair loss, and if it will er grow as long as I would like), but in terms of color and texture, I am really enjoying my hair. Puffy curly wavy hair, when well taken care of, suits me. I like to tng I am channeling a little Stevie Nicks.

ephemeri
August 3rd, 2016, 04:10 AM
I love this thread!

I can't say I'm "satisfied" with my hair because I have a few goals I'm working towards but I can say that after hating my hair for most of my life, I now love it. Discovering CG method and learning how to 'tame' it, so to speak, in such a way that I actually like how it looks was really empowering a few years ago. Now with all the additional info I've learned from LHC about growing healthy hair, I really do just enjoy the journey. I'll be happy when my length goals are met for sure, and hopefully will consider myself satisfied then, but until then I do really love my hair even if it isn't 'perfect' (whatever that means). :o

Mimha
August 3rd, 2016, 04:12 AM
That is so very sweet of you to say :flower: thank you!

Blessings to your Mom...and you ((hugs))): she has an awesome and beautiful example to follow in you!

Thank you GG ! :) I think my Mom is an awesome and beautiful example to follow for me, actually. I wish I can be like her when I have her age ! :)

Mimha
August 3rd, 2016, 04:29 AM
I'm glad that there's so much positivity flowing in here! :crush::cloud9: I was really nervous about making this thread to be honest! :lol:

Loool vampyyri ! You know, I had thought of opening a similar thread several times. But something a little more provocative, like "Anybody here who are just happy with their hair ??" :p But I let it go.... thought it would have been a stillborn thread ! :lol: :lol:

Silverbleed
August 3rd, 2016, 06:25 AM
I'm not fully satisfied with my hair - yet - but I do know I will be in the future. I just have some personal wishes I'd like to accomplish. One is getting the low maintenance back. Cutting my hair shorter wasn't making it easier, only more difficult. Much more tangles, and I had to tie it just to eat because it was so light. Now it's growing longer, it's easier and easier. After that I'll just have to find the perfect length for me I'm comfortable with. But I'm not there yet. Second is my layers. I don't mind subtle layers, but the difference of 25 cm between the bottom and top layer is a bit too extreme. So I hope I can grow that out in the future. It's giving me a lot of trouble with hairstyles right now.

Other than that I always loved my hair, really. I love how it's wavy, but I could easily get it straight or more curly. I love how it's really light, my sister gets headaches because of the weight. Thankfully I don't have that with my migraine attacks ^^;

I also feel I am able to accept my hair much better because of you guys. You're all great :flower:

Kiiruna
August 3rd, 2016, 06:37 AM
I'm happy to see that so many are happy with their hair :)

triumphator!
August 3rd, 2016, 07:09 AM
When I hit waist the first time, I completely stopped posting on hair boards for years. I was maybe a bit too satisfied!

vampyyri
August 3rd, 2016, 07:31 AM
Loool vampyyri ! You know, I had thought of opening a similar thread several times. But something a little more provocative, like "Anybody here who are just happy with their hair ??" :p But I let it go.... thought it would have been a stillborn thread ! :lol: :lol:

I suppose my little spike in confidence gave me the push to do so :lol: That's exactly how I felt right after I posted it and read over it again, thinking maybe this wasn't the right place with so many people going through their struggles and such. But I was sure there were people at peace with their hair (sounds so silly to put it that way, but it's true!) out there or at least on their way to being there... I'm so relieved it's being received well!

Groovy Granny
August 3rd, 2016, 09:09 AM
Thank you GG ! :) I think my Mom is an awesome and beautiful example to follow for me, actually. I wish I can be like her when I have her age ! :)

And a lovely tribute to her you will be :)

Quote = vampyyri
I'm glad that there's so much positivity flowing in here! I was really nervous about making this thread to be honest! Loool vampyyri ! You know, I had thought of opening a similar thread several times. But something a little more provocative, like "Anybody here who are just happy with their hair ??" :p But I let it go.... thought it would have been a stillborn thread ! :lol: :lol:

I'm happy to see that so many are happy with their hair :)

It is a great idea IMHO!
There is so much negativity in our world; it is wonderful to be positive and appreciative...especially about our own personal attributes!
So often we are unhappy about things we cannot change because we envy what others have; when it is those things that make us UNIQUE :shrug:

When I hit waist the first time, I completely stopped posting on hair boards for years. I was maybe a bit too satisfied!

I have felt that coming on recently, and have slowed way down in forum participation.
But I guess because it is freeing....so you can fully enjoy other aspects of your life!
For 3 years, my hair care consumed my every thought; now that all is well I fix it up quickly (but with my personal 'signature') and go on with my day :cheer:

Liv
August 3rd, 2016, 09:25 AM
I am really happy with my hair at the moment. It is not perfect, I have mechanical damage that need to grow out.

But it has reached a length where I can make buns and braids, and I have finally found buns and braids that I like in my hair. I have also stopped trying to perfect it with products, I just came to the realization I had to give my hair a fighting chance to be it beautiful self - hence my current try to follow the SO/NW procedure which I love.

So I donīt try this and that anymore to make it look good - I accept it for what it is. It doesnīt have to be perfect - itīs good enough at it is. Period. I love my hair. :crush:

ETA: this is a great thread. :joy:

Mimha
August 3rd, 2016, 09:32 AM
I am really happy with my hair at the moment. It is not perfect, I have mechanical damage that need to grow out.

But it has reached a length where I can make buns and braids, and I have finally found buns and braids that I like in my hair. I have also stopped trying to perfect it with products, I just came to the realization I had to give my hair a fighting chance to be it beautiful self.
So I donīt try this and that anymore to make it look good - I accept it for what it is. It doesnīt have to be perfect - itīs good enough at it is. Period. I love my hair. :crush:

ETA: this is a great thread. :joy:

I love your hair too, Liv ! :p It has such incredibly beautiful nuances ! :crush:

Liv
August 3rd, 2016, 09:47 AM
I love your hair too, Liv ! :p It has such incredibly beautiful nuances ! :crush:

Thank you Mimha. Thatīs very sweet of you. :flowers:

Ooo, I see you are my age - so great. Your hair is beautiful - love the color. Itīs the color I tried to make my hair look like for years.

lapushka
August 3rd, 2016, 09:47 AM
I went through several colors (blonde, red, brown, black) and did henna, dye, bleach. No wonder I had to cut back to chin twice to start all over (once with a chemical cut & burn). I also had it permed twice, suffered heat damage, and had to cut back to BSL from hip once.

I got to classic length, my goal, finally, September of last year and it all "only" took me 10 years. :lol:

Since last year, I've been pretty pleased with my hair. If it gets too long, I have it cut back because at some point it becomes too uncomfortable. Every 4 months is about right to cut back.

You're smart, V, not wanting to experiment. I've done it all, even went natural with products (which was a disaster as well).

:thumbsup:

Mimha
August 3rd, 2016, 10:29 AM
Thank you Mimha. Thatīs very sweet of you. :flowers:

Ooo, I see you are my age - so great. Your hair is beautiful - love the color. Itīs the color I tried to make my hair look like for years.

Thank you Liv ! My chestnut hair has quite a lot of nuances too, but a bit less since I don't go to the sun so much like in the past. And my whites are not numerous enough to really "add milk to my coffee" yet.^^

Here you can see them, under different lights : some days they are hardly visible and some other days they kind of poke out like wiry antennas ! :lol:

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag408/Mimha/My%20hair/whities%20in%20bun_zpst0qsrwov.jpg (http://s1374.photobucket.com/user/Mimha/media/My%20hair/whities%20in%20bun_zpst0qsrwov.jpg.html)

I went through several colors (blonde, red, brown, black) and did henna, dye, bleach. No wonder I had to cut back to chin twice to start all over (once with a chemical cut & burn). I also had it permed twice, suffered heat damage, and had to cut back to BSL from hip once.

I got to classic length, my goal, finally, September of last year and it all "only" took me 10 years. :lol:

Since last year, I've been pretty pleased with my hair. If it gets too long, I have it cut back because at some point it becomes too uncomfortable. Every 4 months is about right to cut back.

You're smart, V, not wanting to experiment. I've done it all, even went natural with products (which was a disaster as well).

:thumbsup:

Don't regret anything lapushka : it's nice you tried so many things because now "you know" and have a lot of hair experience, and most of all : you can fully enjoy the result of your efforts in growing out this amazing natural head of hair of yours ! :)

lapushka
August 3rd, 2016, 10:32 AM
Don't regret anything lapushka : it's nice you tried so many things because now "you know" and have a lot of hair experience, and most of all : you can fully enjoy the result of your efforts in growing out this amazing natural head of hair of yours ! :)

That's true, I guess. :) Thank you! :flowers:

vampyyri
August 3rd, 2016, 11:24 AM

I for one really appreciate all of your experience, you're a wealth of knowledge on here!

I've done my fair share of craziness to my hair. I never knew exactly what color I had until I started growing it out. I was dying my hair all the way from 13 to just a few years ago. My first color was black, then bleached to a red, bleached to a platinum blonde, then dyed to a auburn brown... and bleached again then I grew it out. I much prefer my natural color to all of that, because I was touching up my roots every two weeks since the new growth on darker hair made me look bald, and the new growth on platinum hair looked dirty. I keep reminding myself for me personally, henna wouldn't be worth it (as much as I love red). My DH calls me goldielocks, and I love my color now that I know what it actually is! :lol:

browneyedsusan
August 3rd, 2016, 01:13 PM
I'm happy with my hair!

I'm generally a happy-go-lucky lady, so it's not a stretch. Life is too short to stress over stupid stuff like hair, IMHO. (Ya, it gets on my nerves sometimes, but so does the traffic on my commute, my mother-in-law, and political facebook posts. I'm well-fed, healthy, and have a warm bed at night, so I'm good, thanks!)

vampyyri
August 3rd, 2016, 01:40 PM
I'm happy with my hair!

I'm generally a happy-go-lucky lady, so it's not a stretch. Life is too short to stress over stupid stuff like hair, IMHO. (Ya, it gets on my nerves sometimes, but so does the traffic on my commute, my mother-in-law, and political facebook posts. I'm well-fed, healthy, and have a warm bed at night, so I'm good, thanks!)

The traffic on my commute drives me up the wall too (25 minute commute takes 1.5 hours sometimes)... and I'm from NJ, so you better believe the road rage is real :lol:

I'm working on getting happy-go-lucky myself, and I think self love is the first step! :flower:

lapushka
August 3rd, 2016, 02:08 PM
I for one really appreciate all of your experience, you're a wealth of knowledge on here!

I've done my fair share of craziness to my hair. I never knew exactly what color I had until I started growing it out. I was dying my hair all the way from 13 to just a few years ago. My first color was black, then bleached to a red, bleached to a platinum blonde, then dyed to a auburn brown... and bleached again then I grew it out. I much prefer my natural color to all of that, because I was touching up my roots every two weeks since the new growth on darker hair made me look bald, and the new growth on platinum hair looked dirty. I keep reminding myself for me personally, henna wouldn't be worth it (as much as I love red). My DH calls me goldielocks, and I love my color now that I know what it actually is! :lol:

Owww thank you! :o :)

I went through a lot in my late teens early twenties as well, not with color that much but with length differences.

brickworld13
August 3rd, 2016, 02:11 PM
Does benign neglect mean I'm satisfied? :shrug: I haven't even bothered to S&D in months and months. I really need to as I can see a lot of splits when it's braided, but meh. Hair does it's own thing. I keep it up and out of the way.

vampyyri
August 3rd, 2016, 02:18 PM
Owww thank you! :o :)

I went through a lot in my late teens early twenties as well, not with color that much but with length differences.

I forgot to mention all the weird lengths that I had too :lol: In my teens I had shoulder length to APL hair and I'd always chop it back... I decided to grow it one time, got to MBL/WL and went in for a trim and had my hair lopped off up to chin length... I don't even understand how that one happened :shake: I think I said "Only take off the dead hair" and when you have bleached hair... I suppose that means all of it without freaking someone out by breaking out the buzzer :lol:

Nope... never again!

Does benign neglect mean I'm satisfied? :shrug: I haven't even bothered to S&D in months and months. I really need to as I can see a lot of splits when it's braided, but meh. Hair does it's own thing. I keep it up and out of the way.

I think that counts, letting it live in its natural state without wanting to do anything with it :p I'm practicing this now as well, I haven't S&D'd in about a month, I had to hide my scissors because I was doing it so often. So it's part benign neglect and part I hid my scissors a little too well :rollin:

brickworld13
August 3rd, 2016, 02:22 PM
Well I used to dye it with henna and later henndigo. Too lazy to even be doing that these days. Plus my silvers don't hold dye very well anyway. They were going bright orange as the indigo wouldn't stick to them.

Shepherdess
August 3rd, 2016, 03:27 PM
Just wanted to say that I love this thread idea! I am not sure I can say I am 100% satisfied with my hair...still feel like I have to fix some things to get it healthier, but overall I do love my hair. :)

ladonna
August 4th, 2016, 10:29 AM

Yes acceptance=peace, we're all different and variety is beautiful.

Groovy Granny
August 4th, 2016, 10:32 AM
Yes acceptance=peace, we're all different and variety is beautiful.

:agree: :thumbsup:

TBH...occasionally I do need to remind myself of that :o

lapushka
August 4th, 2016, 01:54 PM
I forgot to mention all the weird lengths that I had too :lol: In my teens I had shoulder length to APL hair and I'd always chop it back... I decided to grow it one time, got to MBL/WL and went in for a trim and had my hair lopped off up to chin length... I don't even understand how that one happened :shake: I think I said "Only take off the dead hair" and when you have bleached hair... I suppose that means all of it without freaking someone out by breaking out the buzzer :lol:

Nope... never again!

Yikes, that is frightening. Yes, good lesson right there. *Never* say to a stylist "just cut of the dead ends", because all your fairytaling will go, and most of your length as well. I had that happen to me once as well!

vampyyri
August 7th, 2016, 04:33 PM
I grew an inch this last month, so I'll be hitting my (first goal) in the near future! Taking better care of it coupled with a summer growth spurt is just making me enjoy my locks more! :cloud9:

vampyyri
September 29th, 2016, 06:34 PM
I wanted to chime in again with the fact that I'm loving my hair even more nowadays now that my bangs have found their perfect swoop, and that it's in really good condition! My last S&D session was following up from having my hair up and finger combing for two months—and I found maybe 20 splits. A far cry from S&Ding every other week for 30 minutes and still not getting everything. It's in the best shape that it has ever been!

Anyone else out there loving their locks? :flowers:

sumidha
September 29th, 2016, 06:53 PM
Hmm, can I be mostly satisfied? :laugh:

I've made peace with all of it's permanent qualities, but the taper and breakage still bother me- but that will grow out in time. It's a waiting game at this point.

Sarahlabyrinth
September 29th, 2016, 06:57 PM
I am very nearly satisfied with my hair, I think. So I can "almost" join this thread, lol. At least I don't anguish over it any more.

vampyyri
September 29th, 2016, 06:58 PM
Hmm, can I be mostly satisfied? :laugh:

I've made peace with all of it's permanent qualities, but the taper and breakage still bother me- but that will grow out in time. It's a waiting game at this point.

You can indeed! I'm none too thrilled with my hemline (v shaped, not as drastic as my siggy shows though. Better examples in my albums), but in due time... :meditate:

jfg1987
September 29th, 2016, 07:25 PM
I'm going to word this in a way that's probably weird and all over the place but I don't know how else to word it...

I've recently developed a real appreciation for my hair. I always hated my hair; I grew up thinking that my hair always had to be relaxed or tamed with a hot tool, I got so tired of dealing with crunchy damaged hair that didn't seem to agree with me so I cut it off. After 7 years of a pixie cut I decided to grow it out; it got to just above my chin but it was breaking off at the ends and I was frustrated so I chopped it off again. One year after that (Summer 2014) I found this forum and decided to try growing it out again starting November 2014. I've never been taught how to properly care for my hair; I was always told I was born with hair that had potential to be "good hair" and that the only way to get it was to chemically alter it and fry it straight. Even when I had a pixie cut I still used relaxer and a flat iron (1/2"). It didn't even occur to me that *I* was the one causing the damage to my hair.

This was my life: have hair down to my butt > flat iron/blow dry hair every day at 450F > after a while hair would not behave > relax it > hair became brittle eventually > after years of that cut hair to pixie > still flat iron/blow dry hair daily > after a while hair would not behave > relax it > hair became brittle eventually > get haircut to maintain pixie (and thus cut off all the damage) > continue cycle of hair death

It took some RIDICULOUS restraint to not relax my hair as I was growing it out this time around. It wasn't enough because almost 2 months in I gave in and did it. When it got long enough for a bob I had a stylist cut off all the damage and I went back to middle-ear length (is that a thing??), that was in June 2015. I swore that I wouldn't use relaxer EVER EVER again, and so far I haven't! To keep myself from chopping it off again I got Brazilian keratin (the bad kind with the formaldehyde) done and that stuff is amazing, terrible for you but amazing. My hair was flat ironed a whole lot less, it was just straight forever, all day every day. To maintain the keratin I used sulfate free and paraben free hair products which my hair seems to love.

I've had that done every 3-4 months since then, until now. I was supposed to go a month ago but I decided to just wash the treatment out by clarifying my hair and doing a protein treatment to see what I was left with. My hair was mostly fine, somehow not mega damaged by the treatments. It's wavy like I remember it, and soft. I'm just so tired of trying to maintain something I wasn't born with, and it was at this point I decided "hey I kinda like what I've got here". I'm taking much better care of it these days; I noticed that my hair seem stressed and frizzy when I'd blowdry it (on high with the nozzle basically on my hair as I brushed it :|) so I recently bought a bonnet hairdryer and my hair comes out nice and smooth and not frizzy because I dry it on cool setting. I'm almost at APL and I bought myself my first hair toy 3 weeks ago, I can wear hairsticks!

With all the crap I've put my hair through I'm surprised it grew back! I think I can make peace with my hair now. I find myself petting my own hair because it's so soft. I just wish I knew how to take better care of it while growing up.

TL;DR I had a hair epiphany and I love my hair now.

vampyyri
September 29th, 2016, 07:44 PM
That's awesome that you finally found love for your hair jfg, I've been there myself with always wanting what I didn't have... straightening, cutting, dying... it's liberating to finally come to terms with what grows out of your head and not want to change it :thumbsup:

Frankenstein
September 29th, 2016, 07:49 PM
I would say that now after all this time, I'm satisfied with my hair. Is it perfect? Nope of course not. There are things about It that I'm not crazy about sometimes but overall I like it because it's an expression of me, if that makes sense. Being on LHC has helped me appreciate my hair so much more than I used to; there's so many different types of hair in the world and no single "standard" for beautiful hair.

littlestarface
September 29th, 2016, 08:34 PM
I would say that now after all this time, I'm satisfied with my hair. Is it perfect? Nope of course not. There are things about It that I'm not crazy about sometimes but overall I like it because it's an expression of me, if that makes sense. Being on LHC has helped me appreciate my hair so much more than I used to; there's so many different types of hair in the world and no single "standard" for beautiful hair.

Honestly your hair looks perfect, it;s hard for me to believe it's not lol

Tosca
September 29th, 2016, 09:24 PM
Yikes, that is frightening. Yes, good lesson right there. *Never* say to a stylist "just cut of the dead ends", because all your fairytaling will go, and most of your length as well. I had that happen to me once as well!

Or say "just cut off the damage". I told my mum this and she cut it from BCL all the way up to waist. That was the day I joined here (January 2014).

I think I am pretty satisfied with my hair. My ends are very thin, but that's nothing a year or so of maintaining won't fix, and my circumference is almost half of what it used to be (2.25in from 4in), but honestly, I have made my peace with that, because if it was thicker, I might have super heavy buns that gave me headaches. As for length, I finally feel it is long 'enough' at not quite classic. Once I am at a solid classic (Christmas this year), I am happy to maintain there for a while.

Crystawni
September 29th, 2016, 10:01 PM
I haz a happy with my hair. :) I'm of the been-there-done-that camp, and now my hair is morphing all on its own as it travels to the white side. I'm eager to see what it's like when it's longer, too, but am enjoying the ride as we go. I'm not saying I have every duck in a row, though--I enjoy variety, so my routine, hairstyles, hair-shape and all that are subject to change, but overall it's possible because my hair and I are one. :hooched:

It's so cool to be in league with the rest of you here--I've gotta say your own hair appreciation shines in your posts on the board, and you're all an inspiration. :flowers:

Frankenstein
September 29th, 2016, 10:09 PM
Honestly your hair looks perfect, it;s hard for me to believe it's not lol

Oh no, not perfect at all! :lol: But I've found that things I thought were so terrible before, turned out to actually be pretty normal after coming here. Like frizzy flyaways :lol:

vampyyri
September 30th, 2016, 07:38 AM
Or say "just cut off the damage". I told my mum this and she cut it from BCL all the way up to waist. That was the day I joined here (January 2014).

Oh no!! shudder: I totally feel your pain!

I haz a happy with my hair. :) I'm of the been-there-done-that camp, and now my hair is morphing all on its own as it travels to the white side. I'm eager to see what it's like when it's longer, too, but am enjoying the ride as we go. I'm not saying I have every duck in a row, though--I enjoy variety, so my routine, hairstyles, hair-shape and all that are subject to change, but overall it's possible because my hair and I are one. :hooched:

It's so cool to be in league with the rest of you here--I've gotta say your own hair appreciation shines in your posts on the board, and you're all an inspiration. :flowers:

I love your hair, it's making me excited for the day when I start finding silvers rather than dreading it! It really adds extra character and interest to your hair :crush:

Oh no, not perfect at all! :lol: But I've found that things I thought were so terrible before, turned out to actually be pretty normal after coming here. Like frizzy flyaways :lol:

I don't believe that there is such a thing as perfect hair—but I do think that we all have the hair that is perfect for us. Just needs a bit of taming/coaxing sometimes is all :whip:

Cg
September 30th, 2016, 10:22 AM
Better than satisfied, I love my locks. I love all yours too. Choosing to be positive is a sure way to enhance life. Glad you've done so too!

lapushka
September 30th, 2016, 10:58 AM
Yeah, my wash days are so totally different now. I look forward to them, even though it takes the better part of Sunday, but it's "pampering time", you know... ;)

hayheadsbird
October 6th, 2016, 11:56 AM
I get that! I love washing my hair now. Before I was just a thing that was done. It feels more like a pampering ritual now

akuamoonmaui
October 10th, 2016, 05:27 PM
I've come to the conclusion I'm happy with my hair. I still have some D@#$ indigo to grow out, but overall I'm really happy with everything else, including the length which is current in my picture.

So I've read a lot of words like happy, positive, zen, satisfied.... would you say you feel that way in your personal life as well? I know my hair has reflected my emotional state many times. And currently I'm pretty happy in life.

CindyOfTheOaks
October 10th, 2016, 05:34 PM
I used to hate the bumps in my hair - it had to be straight-straight-striaght !
I learned that those bumps could become soft curls and still wasn't ready to embrace it.
I finally decided that it was much more work to fight it than to just let it do it's thing :)

missrandie
October 10th, 2016, 08:16 PM
This is the thread for me!

I always wondered if I was the odd one out for loving my hair for what it is: mine. It's tawny, shiny, and just keeps growing. As it grows longer, it gets a little redder, and that makes me happier!

GrowingOut
October 10th, 2016, 09:19 PM
I'm happy with the length of my hair! I finally feel like "me", even though I'm growing longer! It just feels good!

vampyyri
November 4th, 2016, 06:21 PM
Since there seems to be a lingering cloud for a few of us on LHC, I feel like this thread is really important right now.

So everyone who has a positive outlook and loves their hair, come out wherever you are! :p Please let everyone know why your hair is awesome the way it is! :lol:

Besides that, I'm really coming to love how my hair is growing out. The initial V hemline has turned into a soft U on it's own. Also, it's been getting so much healthier with my current routine, S&D sessions are very short and infrequent now, which is awesome!

Decoy24601
November 4th, 2016, 06:39 PM
Thanks for bumping this thread vampyyri :).

I'm actually pretty satisfied with my hair right now. I have a routine that works and have mostly rid myself of obsessing about reaching length goals. I'd still like to grow out my last few inches of severe unmaintained layers, but besides that I'm satisfied with my hair :).

I plan on trimming off .5" every three or so months unless my growth rate slows down, which is helping me stay satisfied with my hair. I feel like I'm actually making progress towards all my hair goals (better health, increased length, no layers), rather than just trying to race towards classic.

vampyyri
November 4th, 2016, 06:43 PM
Thanks for bumping this thread vampyyri :).

I'm actually pretty satisfied with my hair right now. I have a routine that works and have mostly rid myself of obsessing about reaching length goals. I'd still like to grow out my last few inches of severe unmaintained layers, but besides that I'm satisfied with my hair :).

I plan on trimming off .5" every three or so months unless my growth rate slows down, which is helping me stay satisfied with my hair. I feel like I'm actually making progress towards all my hair goals (better health, increased length, no layers), rather than just trying to race towards classic.

Yeah, there's no rush! The growing out journey should be something that's enjoyed, not something to worry over. :agree:

kidari
November 4th, 2016, 06:50 PM
Thank you for making this thread! I don't find it arrogant; in fact it's very positive and uplifting actually. Part of the reason why I stopped coming here was of all the angst and anxiety against hair damage and all of the obsession with growing longer, faster, etc. It's so nice to hear people are satisfied and happy with their hair. I am pretty happy with my hair myself. I stopped wishing for it to be thicker/longer/what have you long time ago. I work with what I have and I am thankful for what I have.

Crystawni
November 4th, 2016, 07:04 PM
I love your hair, it's making me excited for the day when I start finding silvers rather than dreading it! It really adds extra character and interest to your hair :crush:

:smooch: You're gorgeous. Thank you! :flowers: I'm actually excited to see heads of hair morphing, whichever way they go, and I'm positive your own journey will be filled with much more than just satisfaction. :D

vampyyri
November 4th, 2016, 07:14 PM
Thank you for making this thread! I don't find it arrogant; in fact it's very positive and uplifting actually. Part of the reason why I stopped coming here was of all the angst and anxiety against hair damage and all of the obsession with growing longer, faster, etc. It's so nice to hear people are satisfied and happy with their hair. I am pretty happy with my hair myself. I stopped wishing for it to be thicker/longer/what have you long time ago. I work with what I have and I am thankful for what I have.

Exactly, what we individually have is perfect for us. I don't believe that someone else's hair qualities should make anyone else uncomfortable. Our hair, like everything else is what makes you, you!

:smooch: You're gorgeous. Thank you! :flowers: I'm actually excited to see heads of hair morphing, whichever way they go, and I'm positive your own journey will be filled with much more than just satisfaction. :D

Sadly I won't start having a mix of silver and gold until I'm well into my 60-70s it seems with my genetics. My mom lived to 58 and did not have a single grey on her head. My dad is 70 and still doesn't have silvers to speak of on his head from what i recall. I truly am looking forward to it, there's something very beautiful about grey... I just really admire it :crush:

EliseMarie
November 4th, 2016, 07:40 PM
I am really enjoying my hair today and I'm not even at chin length yet, lol. It's funny that this thread was bumped today because I was thinking about how I have spent so much time, haircuts, color, highlights, styling to get my hair to look how I thought other people would think it would look good........yeah. Really.

It just felt so good to not be thinking of the next big thing to do to my hair.

I felt no envy nor did I feel uncomfortable in my hair in it's natural state. Just peaceful. And happy. I realized that I could just relish the experience of growing my hair long instead of focusing only on what the end result would be and complaining and making excuses for it the whole rest of the time. The freedom of just washing it and letting it air dry and not cutting it and letting the natural color, with a few grays, grow in is invigorating and self affirming to me now that I have gotten over myself. I loved my hair today. :)

cailinbee
November 4th, 2016, 09:32 PM
I am really enjoying my hair today and I'm not even at chin length yet, lol. It's funny that this thread was bumped today because I was thinking about how I have spent so much time, haircuts, color, highlights, styling to get my hair to look how I thought other people would think it would look good........yeah. Really.

I felt no envy nor did I feel uncomfortable in my hair in it's natural state. Just peaceful. And happy. I realized that I could just relish the experience of growing my hair long instead of focusing only on what the end result would be and complaining and making excuses for it the whole rest of the time. The freedom of just washing it and letting it air dry and not cutting it and letting the natural color, with a few grays, grow in is invigorating and self affirming to me now that I have gotten over myself. I loved my hair today. :)

This makes me smile! It's nice to have moments, brief or lasting, of hair happiness and self acceptance from hair self care! I spent so many years fighting my thin ashy hair, cutting and dyeing it all different ways, but babying it and growing it out has made my attitude toward my own hair much more loving. There are always blips of "Agh! I want to cut/dye it!" But they come fewer and farther between.

XiaoBaiTu
November 5th, 2016, 10:28 AM
I realized a couple days ago that I have reached this point. I'm satisfied with my hair, I love it for what it is.

I never really hated my hair, but I spent most of my life envying either my mom for her deep, blue-black color, or my sister for her thickness and wavy tresses. (My family is quite ethnically mixed, so we all have different hair :p) It's only within the last year that I've made my peace with my chocolate-brown, thin/fine, and very curly hair. I've been learning how to style and care for it, and honestly, I really fell in love with how it behaves. I mean, it's so versatile! I can have killer defined curls, I can braid it out for a softer look with waves, loose curls, and some frizz (frizz=big hair, which is fun for me since I don't have a lot of hair). I can style it in many different ways because of it's length.

Another thing that has added to my hair satisfaction is finger-detangling. It's very relaxing to me, I can just chill and feel the condition of my hair while I carefully undo any tangles or knots. In fact, treatments of any kind have this effect on me, I also love oiling my hair because of how therapeutic it is. I also get the feeling that my hair is happy with me for taking care of it for once in my life! :D

Question: Do any of you ever catch yourselves staring at your hair in the mirror, thinking, "Wow, my hair is so cool/beautiful/long!" I definitely have recently, it's the first time in my life I've felt this way about my hair.

Annalouise
November 5th, 2016, 03:31 PM
Yes, I'm accepting of my hair now and I realize it's limitations. I know what it is, and I know what it isn't. I know what it will be, and what it won't be. It is what it is. :knit:

Eastbound&Down
November 5th, 2016, 04:12 PM
Aside from growing it out, I love my hair. I love my wave pattern, the virgin color that I'm growing out, the overall condition, everything. I don't see this as being arrogant or prideful, isn't the point of all of this for everyone to get to the point where they have the best hair they can? It takes time, and for some of us, effort, but loving your hair is the end goal (at least for me).

vampyyri
November 5th, 2016, 06:46 PM

It is indeed peaceful, it's just one less thing to worry about in our already hectic lives. It's good to not be spending time and money on things that we don't really need... it's liberating!

This makes me smile! It's nice to have moments, brief or lasting, of hair happiness and self acceptance from hair self care! I spent so many years fighting my thin ashy hair, cutting and dyeing it all different ways, but babying it and growing it out has made my attitude toward my own hair much more loving. There are always blips of "Agh! I want to cut/dye it!" But they come fewer and farther between.

It really is amazing when you reach this point. Brings a little bit of self-love and acceptance into your life, and we all need more of this!

I realized a couple days ago that I have reached this point. I'm satisfied with my hair, I love it for what it is.

I never really hated my hair, but I spent most of my life envying either my mom for her deep, blue-black color, or my sister for her thickness and wavy tresses. (My family is quite ethnically mixed, so we all have different hair :p) It's only within the last year that I've made my peace with my chocolate-brown, thin/fine, and very curly hair. I've been learning how to style and care for it, and honestly, I really fell in love with how it behaves. I mean, it's so versatile! I can have killer defined curls, I can braid it out for a softer look with waves, loose curls, and some frizz (frizz=big hair, which is fun for me since I don't have a lot of hair). I can style it in many different ways because of it's length.

Another thing that has added to my hair satisfaction is finger-detangling. It's very relaxing to me, I can just chill and feel the condition of my hair while I carefully undo any tangles or knots. In fact, treatments of any kind have this effect on me, I also love oiling my hair because of how therapeutic it is. I also get the feeling that my hair is happy with me for taking care of it for once in my life! :D

Question: Do any of you ever catch yourselves staring at your hair in the mirror, thinking, "Wow, my hair is so cool/beautiful/long!" I definitely have recently, it's the first time in my life I've felt this way about my hair.

That's awesome that you came to love your hair for what it is! Also, doubly awesome on finger detangling, I definitely find it therapeutic, like being one with my hair and it's strangely intimate.

I definitely have done the mirror thing :lol: it's awesome to just look at your hair and be like "yup, this is amazing!" I've been having these moments personally since I hit HL with "wow, this is so long", it's a great feeling.

Yes, I'm accepting of my hair now and I realize it's limitations. I know what it is, and I know what it isn't. I know what it will be, and what it won't be. It is what it is. :knit:

Exactly! There's no "better" or "worse", but what's right for yourself personally!

Aside from growing it out, I love my hair. I love my wave pattern, the virgin color that I'm growing out, the overall condition, everything. I don't see this as being arrogant or prideful, isn't the point of all of this for everyone to get to the point where they have the best hair they can? It takes time, and for some of us, effort, but loving your hair is the end goal (at least for me).

This is entirely true, but I put that disclaimer in the OP... just in case. There's nothing wrong with it, it's just usually people focus on the negatives, and positivity is not as frequently focused on.

animetor7
November 6th, 2016, 12:29 AM
I'm pretty at peace with my hair. What I like most is that I'm pretty settled into a routine that works for me, I'm no longer trying the latest brand or concoction to try and get my hair to change. So it's a lot less stressful and much less energy spent worrying about finding the next "holy grail". I do still experiment some, using a different brand of shampoo bar, trying to stretch full washes longer and rely on scalp washes more, but the basic components of my routine are pretty much in place, and it's nice to just feel sort of, settled or at ease I guess. Now if I'm feeling like trying something new, it's usually seeing what new updos I can do. And more recently, how old updo friends look with some newfound thickness that has seemingly sprung up in the last few months. I'm sure my hair has been thickening for longer than that, but because of the "at peace" relationship I have with it now, I hadn't really noticed until I did a crown braid recently and thought, holy thick braid batman, it was a strange realization to have all at once. But now rambling, yes, I do feel satisfied, or at peace with my hair now. :)

Hairkay
November 6th, 2016, 04:03 AM
I'm happy with mine. I like it's thickness, colour and all those tight waves, curls and kinks. I'm happy with the length of it too though I'm curious to see how long it can get.

janeytilllie
November 6th, 2016, 04:25 AM
I'm happy with my hair and I love my hair texture :love:

I was born with a white blonde streak underneath my hair. I hated it and got many silly comments. Saying I had a bad dye job, I missed a spot.

I now have learnt to love it. When asked about it, I now say Elsa hit me with her ice blast :lol: I'm a Disney nerd lol

XiaoBaiTu
November 6th, 2016, 11:53 AM

I was born with a white blonde streak underneath my hair. I hated it and got many silly comments. Saying I had a bad dye job, I missed a spot.

I now have learnt to love it. When asked about it, I now say Elsa hit me with her ice blast :lol: I'm a Disney nerd lol

What a cool thing to have in your hair, like a little surprise from God! Also, grinned when I read the Elsa's ice blast comment. Disney is fun. :D

vampyyri
November 6th, 2016, 07:36 PM

Oh that's awesome! It's pretty cool to have something unique like that—it makes your hair all the more interesting.

luxurioushair
November 7th, 2016, 11:09 AM
I thought it would take 3 years or longer for me to be truly happy with my hair (because of length). But I am so happy with it right now. Never imagined it would turn out so well. I was really skeptical since this is my first time growing my hair long. But the effort was worth it, it wasn't even too much effort, and I found great places such as this website full of interesting people. I am thankful to God for how my hair has turned out. The increased thickness especially is hard to explain and it must be a divine miracle because my hair has been thin all my life. For people with my hair type who have heard all sorts of nonsense about our hair, it's all 100% rubbish. You can grow it really easily so just go ahead. Also message me/reply to me if you have questions (about 4c type hair) I will be glad to help in any way I can.

embee
November 7th, 2016, 11:17 AM
I've been pleased with my hair since ... since I began to explore WO and then NW/SO. I think that's about when it hit Terminal. I like the fairytale ends, the ease of care, the color is rather dull but satisfactory. I love the two or three racer hairs that make me laugh they're so much longer than the main length. What a relief to quit *worrying* about my hair, and to quit *fussing* with it. Now it just works. Ahhh. :)

irishsapphire
November 7th, 2016, 01:28 PM
Since there seems to be a lingering cloud for a few of us on LHC, I feel like this thread is really important right now.

So everyone who has a positive outlook and loves their hair, come out wherever you are! :p Please let everyone know why your hair is awesome the way it is! :lol:

Besides that, I'm really coming to love how my hair is growing out. The initial V hemline has turned into a soft U on it's own. Also, it's been getting so much healthier with my current routine, S&D sessions are very short and infrequent now, which is awesome!

Thank you for bumping this thread! It does seem like something has been off these last few months, a happy positive thread is so nice to read!

As for me, today I'm satisfied with my hair. It's still growing to my goal length, I'm still figuring out the details in my routine, but the appearance and condition make me happy. Which considering how sad my hair has made me the last 4 years (well, my health affecting my hair and my hair responding negatively, not my hair itself), being satisfied with my hair is a huge accomplishment for me!

Of the Fae
November 7th, 2016, 01:32 PM
I'm happy with my thickness and shine, and my henna :) Thanks to LHC it's gotten so beautiful, it never had been so healthy before! Also, I am happy with where my length is going and at waist, I finally feel that my hair is starting to get long :) I'm also happy with how it looks in updo's.