PDA

View Full Version : how bad would this be if I did it every time I washed my hair?

emmadilemma
July 31st, 2016, 12:08 PM
so once a week i use a BBB to apply the oils in my hair all over, then I use dawn dish soap (I don't have a clarifying shampoo so thats what I got) and follow that with a citric acid rinse which I leave on for 3 minutes, then rinse, then apply any leftover citric acid solution and leave that in, and follow THAT with a catnip tea rinse which I leave on for half an hour and then rinse. Usually I then let my hair air dry most of the way and then over night oil my hair. but today I let it all the way dry, and I never realized how nice my hair looks after it. smooth, not alot of frizz, silky, even volume. Its better than when I use my regular sh + c. I know I'd have to use something other than dish soap for shampoo, but if I did the citric acid rinse and catnip rinse every time I washed my hair, would it be bad? I don't have a schedule for washing, just when I need or want to which could be once a week or five days a week, just depends. I know itd be alot of work but I really love how my hair is after it. Would this cause any long term hair problems? Id continue to deep condition and such of course.

Seeshami
July 31st, 2016, 12:30 PM
Ditch the dish soap in my personal opinion. I only use detergents in desperate clarifying situations. Like 3am in the morning and nothing is open or I don't want to put on cloths and go to Walmart. It should never be a regular thing IMHO, and I have done some pretty crazy stuff with my hair in pursuit of purple/blue

emmadilemma
July 31st, 2016, 12:48 PM
Ditch the dish soap in my personal opinion. I only use detergents in desperate clarifying situations. Like 3am in the morning and nothing is open or I don't want to put on cloths and go to Walmart. It should never be a regular thing IMHO, and I have done some pretty crazy stuff with my hair in pursuit of purple/blue

I wasnt gonna use that on the regular for shampoo, but as for once a week I plan to continue to use it, it works and I'm broke as a joke, even for a 2$ bottle of the cheap stuff. :)

Seeshami
July 31st, 2016, 01:39 PM
I personally would find a dollar store and get some suave or VO5. Once a week is a lot of stripping.

WinnieCooper
July 31st, 2016, 01:56 PM
I personally use watered down dish soap on my hair because it's fragrance free and I can't find shampoo that's completely fragrance free that I can afford. I'm a member also of the broke as a joke club..nice to meet a fellow member. I use the half water half detergent then follow it up with a vinegar rinse. I have recently been following up with a few drops of mineral (baby oil) on my ends and my hair has never looked this nice. So if it's working for you i say go with it....but then again I'm new here. I wash my hair every 3 days and I've been using dish soap for a year now. My hair has grown to ALMOST tailbone for the first time in my life.

Chromis
July 31st, 2016, 03:24 PM
I use an acidic rinse every time I wash. It is pretty awesome for combating hard water! Try your routine with just the dish soap removed, it might just be the acid rinse giving you the nice hair. If you do lots of things at once, it is hard to tell what is actually doing the work.

WinnieCooper
July 31st, 2016, 03:54 PM
Oh wow Chromis... Your hair.... Beautiful!!!

Chromis
July 31st, 2016, 05:16 PM
Aw thanks! My favourite math book series is by the gal that played Winnie Cooper