PDA

View Full Version : 3 Years of Hair Growth!!!

M.McDonough
July 30th, 2016, 11:35 PM
Hello, everyone!

So I'm a guy with long hair and it's been 3 years since I decided to grow out my hair.
Some of you might still remember my previous post from last year:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=133331

Honestly, I think I've reached that point where sometimes I feel what I've got is too much. Last year my hair texture
was better. Now that my hair is longer, I don't know..What do you think? I'd love to see some comments.

PHOTOS!

http://i.imgur.com/TsgPibc.jpg

I'm starting to look like Merida from behind :D

http://i.imgur.com/Rr0XYEc.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/1G2h1jT.jpg

pailin
July 31st, 2016, 01:30 AM
Wow, you have amazing curls! And really great progress.
I guess you have to figure out how much length is right for you. But maybe you really just need to try something new in your routine?

diddiedaisy
July 31st, 2016, 02:08 AM
Wow, great curls!!! You've had good growth this past year. Congratulations :)

Johannah
July 31st, 2016, 03:02 AM
Congrats!! I think your curls are gorgeous!!

If you feel there's something changed about your hair texture, don't forget most of us needs to change their routine when hair starts to grow :) But I think it still looks amazing!

lapushka
July 31st, 2016, 03:16 AM
Yeah, you remind me a bit of the movie "Brave". :D

Such lovely curls. I mean, and what a milestone to reach (I think that's about waist length). Well done!

Arctic
July 31st, 2016, 03:42 AM
3 years from (what I assume) short hair to waist-ish length hair (with curls!) is amazing growth! My hair would barely be APL (if that, I trim) and that would be without curls eating length. Great progress and your hair's looking great!

If it feels too much to you, the pics from last year looked like a good length to you also.

calmyogi
July 31st, 2016, 08:30 AM
Oh, I love your hair!

MariSA5894
July 31st, 2016, 11:59 AM
You have very pretty curls and to my opinion the length of last year looks just as good as this year :)

draysmir
July 31st, 2016, 12:36 PM
You have really beautiful hair! I think your curls from this year look a little bit looser than they did when your hair was at the two year mark, but maybe that's just me. :) I think both your two and three year mark look really nice, so it's just personally what you would prefer! :)

lapis_lazuli
July 31st, 2016, 12:47 PM
You do look like Merida! ;) Your curls are fantastic, I think the texture is great :thud:

Beborani
July 31st, 2016, 02:43 PM
You're not me, right?:)

Wildcat Diva
August 1st, 2016, 04:07 AM
The pictures are really great (you're good at the photo taking!), with the colored background and shirt the same and good lighting we can really see your hair stand out.

Your hair length and texture is amazing. Managing longer hair is a preference thing. I'm sorry you are struggling a bit. Sometimes being curly headed can be a bit of a struggle, I know for me. There are times when I just get fed up and oil it a bit and put it up for a couple of days before I wash it, because I'm tired of fooling with it, mostly because mine gets buildup easily and tangles like the dickens.

I'm sure you will figure it out for what is best for you.

Vallena
August 1st, 2016, 08:45 AM
I just love your curls! Merida is such an apt comparison.

althara
August 1st, 2016, 05:43 PM
Wow. Have you trimmed at all over the past three years? That's some impressive growth with how curly your hair is.

veex
August 1st, 2016, 06:46 PM
That's some impressive commitment.

lithostoic
August 1st, 2016, 08:54 PM
Love those curls

maborosi
August 1st, 2016, 10:57 PM
Love your curls- they are BEAUTIFUL!

yahirwaO.o
August 1st, 2016, 11:17 PM
Your curls are so cool bro! :o

M.McDonough
August 3rd, 2016, 09:19 PM
Wow. Have you trimmed at all over the past three years? That's some impressive growth with how curly your hair is.

No, never. Thanks !

A.D.
August 4th, 2016, 08:47 PM
Your hair looks great. Love the curls. You should continue to let them grow much longer.

M.McDonough
August 4th, 2016, 09:06 PM
Your hair looks great. Love the curls. You should continue to let them grow much longer.

I'll give it my best shot!

M.McDonough
August 7th, 2016, 05:50 AM
Congrats!! I think your curls are gorgeous!!

If you feel there's something changed about your hair texture, don't forget most of us needs to change their routine when hair starts to grow :) But I think it still looks amazing!

Length also has a lot to do with texture. When my hair was short 3 years ago, like boy short, it looked kinda straigtish. When it got to SL it had more volume and it was curly! Now the curls have gone back to looking straightish, so If I cut my hair, which most definitely won't happen soon, the curls will be bouncy

M.McDonough
October 13th, 2016, 05:10 PM
^ ^ ^ I almost forgot about this.

Alissalocks
October 13th, 2016, 08:41 PM
Amazing texture, and I echo the growth appreciation. It also is a great reminder that this is a path that takes years, even for those who grow faster. :meditate:

coco mane
October 13th, 2016, 09:27 PM
Your hair is Fabulous! well done!

Kat-Rinnč Naido
October 14th, 2016, 12:00 AM
Wow congratulations on the awesome growth. Your hair looks beautiful. You just need to work with what keeps your hair happy

OhSuzi
October 14th, 2016, 10:07 AM
Girls love curls!
I want your hair!

In all honesty my personal preference is your hair in the 2 year picture, because the curls were more ringletty and your hair seemed thicker.

As it’s gotten longer the weight seems to have stretched the curl a little, I still like the wave, but that’s perhaps made it seem looser towards the bottom. From other people’s posts I have read, hair can thin out a bit as it gets longer and you might need to change up your hair routine? Perhaps if not already wear it up in protective styles & micro trimmed it til it fills in the gaps?

Not meaning to sound rude just my irrelevant opinion on your hair based on those 2 sets of pictures.
Either way you’re gorgeous & definitely wouldn’t be out of place on some mega cool rock / metal band!

M.McDonough
October 14th, 2016, 05:05 PM
Girls love curls!
I want your hair!

In all honesty my personal preference is your hair in the 2 year picture, because the curls were more ringletty and your hair seemed thicker.

As it’s gotten longer the weight seems to have stretched the curl a little, I still like the wave, but that’s perhaps made it seem looser towards the bottom. From other people’s posts I have read, hair can thin out a bit as it gets longer and you might need to change up your hair routine? Perhaps if not already wear it up in protective styles & micro trimmed it til it fills in the gaps?

Not meaning to sound rude just my irrelevant opinion on your hair based on those 2 sets of pictures.
Either way you’re gorgeous & definitely wouldn’t be out of place on some mega cool rock / metal band!

Thanks for your nice words :) I measure the circumference of my hair when wearing it in a ponytail. It's 3 inches perhaps slightly more. It's the length that made my hair look looser I guess. What do you mean by gaps? :/ And hair can thin out a bit as it gets longer? That's actually terrifying..

Llama
October 14th, 2016, 05:20 PM
Your hair has definitely gotten a lot longer but it does look thinner than last year's pictures. This could just be a matter of how your hair was laying the day you took the new picture.
Maybe if you brushed it the curls would break apart and your hair would appear thicker. Or maybe more conditioner/oil was used in the new pictures causing your curls to gather together and therefore look thinner?
That's what it looks like to me anyways. Especially if you have a 3" circumference...you don't actually have thin hair if that's the case.

M.McDonough
October 14th, 2016, 05:28 PM
Your hair has definitely gotten a lot longer but it does look thinner than last year's pictures. This could just be a matter of how your hair was laying the day you took the new picture.
Maybe if you brushed it the curls would break apart and your hair would appear thicker. Or maybe more conditioner/oil was used in the new pictures causing your curls to gather together and therefore look thinner?
That's what it looks like to me anyways. Especially if you have a 3" circumference...you don't actually have thin hair if that's the case.

I've received many comments in here and no-one else said anything about thinning. If you want I can take more photos...

Llama
October 14th, 2016, 06:02 PM
I've received many comments in here and no-one else said anything about thinning. If you want I can take more photos...

Well then disregard my opinion if it's not the same as everyone else's.

M.McDonough
October 14th, 2016, 07:15 PM
Well then disregard my opinion if it's not the same as everyone else's.

Girls love curls!
I want your hair!

Okay, how about now, ladies? I just combed it, don't really like combs or brushes lol

http://i.imgur.com/Py8B7bq.jpg

Sapeli
October 15th, 2016, 04:39 AM
:rockerdud OMG what a head of hair!

Llama
October 15th, 2016, 01:25 PM
Yep much thicker looking once the curls got broken up a little 😃
Nice!

hayheadsbird
October 15th, 2016, 02:14 PM
Yup! I'd say it was just the way the curls were clumping - looks great!