PDA

View Full Version : 5 years of LHC!

two_wheels
July 30th, 2016, 11:09 AM
I can't believe I've been here for 5 years!

2011 the year of denial
In spring 2011 I hennaed my hair. The colour didn't suit me at all. I spent a few months in denial. Then I joined LHC and tried to remove it with colour b4. It darkened. Not fun. I decided that henndigo would be a really awesome idea at that point. Blonde-ish roots do not look good with henndigo. Another few months in denial. At some point I remember crying and telling my patient boyfriend that it would take me 5 years to grow it back if I cut it out...
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24134&d=1469898067

2012 the year of acceptance
It had to come off. So I chopped it to pixie in January. I liked the pixie, even though it was two colours as it was growing out. For me this was definitely the way to go! However, I like having long hair better, so the pixie grow-out began.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24135&d=1469898069

2013 the year of awkwardness
Not many pictures from this time. Growing out a pixie is really awkward and chin-shoulder length hair looks really bad on me, the waves don't know what they're doing so it floofs. I got married in the middle of the pixie grow out madness stage. I just put lots of flower pins in my hair and hoped nobody would comment and make me cry :lol: it was fine.

2014 back to where I started
Yep, having thought it would take 5 years to grow my hair back, in October 2014 I was back where I started. Evidence! This was the year I got totally addicted to hair toys as a welcome distraction from the fact that three years in it still felt really short....
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24137&d=1469898071

2015 powering through
I got a job. A really time consuming job. It was interesting but I didn't have much time for LHC. I put it up and forgot about it. Putting it up and forgetting about it works! I also went on a diet and lost weight and I swear it made my hair look longer :silly:

2016 scissor happy
I've trimmed a ridiculous amount in the last 6 months. Until last winter, I was powering through with almost no trims, but my hair was really suffering - the ends were terrible. I've done a couple of huge trims but from here on, I think I'll be trimming a little every couple of months to stay on track.
Oh yeah, that dress I was wearing in the 2011 vs. 2014 photo? Here is my hair eating that dress! (Humidity = fuzz, sorry not-sorry about that.) And bonus french twist photo because on my actual LHC anniversary last week, my hair decided to give me the gift of behaving itself for a change...
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24138&d=1469898219 http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24136&d=1469898070

I'm happy to be at my original LHC goal of waist after 5 years. Of course, the goal has now moved to TBL ish!

Wisdom I have gleaned
If you're looking at this with a pixie, or hoping to grow out non-removable hair colour - it can be done! Stay strong and patient!
Hair likes different things at different times. Sometimes mine likes no cones and LOC. Sometimes it likes cones and brushing. It depends on the weather, especially if you have any wave at all.
Try to be kind to other people on the internet & understand that everyone is coming from a different place. See if you can understand where they're coming from.
Find a way of being happy with your appearance with your hair where it is right now. If that means finding cool new updos or learning about makeup or seasonal colours or clothes or even just deciding your appearance isn't that important, whatever it takes - just do it!
Get involved with the off-topic boards and swaps here, you people are brilliant :D

Happy growing friends :)

Johannah
July 30th, 2016, 11:17 AM
My first reaction when I saw the title was: NO WAY it's been 5 years, since we joined this forum in the same year... Lol :lol: I can't believe I'm here for 5 years as well, what happened?!

Anyway, HECK your hair has grown!! What happened when I was away from tLHC?? :thudpile: Gorgeous hair and congratulations with your 5-years anniversary, hair twin! :flower: :flower:

AmberJewel
July 30th, 2016, 11:21 AM
Wow, you and your hair have had quite the journey! I love the pic of your hair eating the dress. :)Your post was also very encouraging for me. I've been going through some things and have been very unsatisfied with my appearance lately, but you've proven that stuff happens, things change, and life goes on. Meanwhile, LHC is a great place to hang out while "stuff" happens. Thanks.

two_wheels
July 30th, 2016, 11:55 AM
My first reaction when I saw the title was: NO WAY it's been 5 years, since we joined this forum in the same year... Lol :lol: I can't believe I'm here for 5 years as well, what happened?!

Anyway, HECK your hair has grown!! What happened when I was away from tLHC?? :thudpile: Gorgeous hair and congratulations with your 5-years anniversary, hair twin! :flower: :flower:
Hee! I look forward to your 5y anniversary post! Yeah, it grew :) I have cut about 4.5" total since last December!
Hair twin? I'd kill to be your hair twin!! Ok then :D :D :D
And welcome back! (I still have your little glowy lights that say 'love' on my mantelpiece - they make me so happy :))

Wow, you and your hair have had quite the journey! I love the pic of your hair eating the dress. :)Your post was also very encouraging for me. I've been going through some things and have been very unsatisfied with my appearance lately, but you've proven that stuff happens, things change, and life goes on. Meanwhile, LHC is a great place to hang out while "stuff" happens. Thanks.

Ah, I'm glad! Yep, life goes on. Sometimes you have to make an active change like improving diet, sometimes you just have to do what truepeacenik says and "embrace the speed of trees", right? And LHC has been such a wonderful supportive network in several areas of life.

ephemeri
July 30th, 2016, 12:14 PM
Happy anniversary! I love seeing hair journeys in photos. :o

pailin
July 30th, 2016, 12:22 PM
Wow, congratulations! The 2011/2014 photos are really something.
Great progress pictures.

meteor
July 30th, 2016, 12:30 PM
Happy 5th Hairiversary, two_wheels! :cake: :happydance:

WOW, your hair grows so incredibly fast! :bigeyes: Such gorgeous texture, color and all that beautiful variety of colors and cuts throughout the years! :thud: Wow!
And that French Twist ... *picks up jaw from the floor* ... is pure Perfection! :crush:

Happy Hairiversary, wheelie! :joy:

missrandie
July 30th, 2016, 12:39 PM
Beautiful grow out! And congratulations on 5 years!

Groovy Granny
July 30th, 2016, 12:51 PM
Very pretty ~ congrats :thumbsup:

Thanks for the support and inspiration :flowers:

EdG
July 30th, 2016, 12:59 PM
Congratulations on five years! :)
Ed

Agnieszka
July 30th, 2016, 01:23 PM
Happy 5th anniversary! What a journey! Your hair is beautiful! Thank you very much for words of encouragement for pixie outgrowers :-D

Mimha
July 30th, 2016, 02:57 PM
5 years ?? Wow, I didn't know you had been through such a long journey ! Congratulations on your patience and beautiful hair, two_wheels ! :cheer: :cheer: You dress eating (^^) picture is amazing ! I don't know where I have been, but I have the feeling that your hair was around waist, and all of a sudden, poooof, it is already beyond hip !! :thud: ... not to mention how lovely smooth and soft it looks ! :crush: So happy for you that you can now enjoy every bit of lenght to your end goal ! :flower:

Pinni
July 30th, 2016, 03:18 PM
Thank you for sharing and congrats! Beautiful hair.:crush:

lapushka
July 30th, 2016, 03:24 PM
Looks like you had a few hurdles along the way, just like I had on my 10 year journey (3 setbacks, 2x back to chin, 1x back to BSL from hip). Yeah, you'll get there eventually, that's what I've learned. ;)

Congratulations. I think your hair has never looked better!!! :D

Quasiquixotic
July 30th, 2016, 03:28 PM
I love all of this! Congrats a million times over! Does it feel long yet?! ;)

Yes, you people are brilliant!

neko_kawaii
July 30th, 2016, 04:01 PM
Happy anniversary, Wheelie!

Eas693
July 30th, 2016, 04:19 PM
Congrats on 5 years and all your progress!

I'm so happy to read this! I am in the awkward phase of growing out a pixie and getting married in a month. Glad to know flower pics worked for you. You have given me hope!

Vanilla
July 30th, 2016, 06:45 PM
Congrats on your 5 year hairiversary! You've come a long way since the pixie. Happy growing.

Jennah
July 30th, 2016, 07:56 PM
Wonderful post! Congrats on your wedding! I didnīt know :heart:

I remember when you wanted to match that picture with the dress and how happy you were when you did, and look at you now! Great journey!

Deborah
July 30th, 2016, 09:11 PM
Good job! Your hair looks great!:flower:

diddiedaisy
July 31st, 2016, 01:57 AM
Congratulations, your hair looks fantastic :)

two_wheels
July 31st, 2016, 02:37 AM
Happy anniversary! I love seeing hair journeys in photos. :o
Thanks! Me too, pictures really help :)

Wow, congratulations! The 2011/2014 photos are really something.
Great progress pictures.
Thanks!

Happy 5th Hairiversary, two_wheels! :cake: :happydance:

WOW, your hair grows so incredibly fast! :bigeyes: Such gorgeous texture, color and all that beautiful variety of colors and cuts throughout the years! :thud: Wow!
And that French Twist ... *picks up jaw from the floor* ... is pure Perfection! :crush:

Happy Hairiversary, wheelie! :joy:
Thankyou! It seems slow at the time but now I look back and yes it was quite fast really :)

Beautiful grow out! And congratulations on 5 years!
Thanks!

two_wheels
July 31st, 2016, 02:38 AM
Very pretty ~ congrats :thumbsup:

Thanks for the support and inspiration :flowers:
You are an inspiration for me! I hope I can have long beauteous silver hair and be a groovy granny myself one day :D

Congratulations on five years! :)
Ed
Thanks! Lifers like you make this place good :)

Happy 5th anniversary! What a journey! Your hair is beautiful! Thank you very much for words of encouragement for pixie outgrowers :-D
Thankyou! Yes, pixie growout is no joke, I know you've been through a few of those.

5 years ?? Wow, I didn't know you had been through such a long journey ! Congratulations on your patience and beautiful hair, two_wheels ! :cheer: :cheer: You dress eating (^^) picture is amazing ! I don't know where I have been, but I have the feeling that your hair was around waist, and all of a sudden, poooof, it is already beyond hip !! :thud: ... not to mention how lovely smooth and soft it looks ! :crush: So happy for you that you can now enjoy every bit of lenght to your end goal ! :flower:
Ah thankyou! It's only just past waist - hip is still to come. Yes it's been a long journey - has been fun with people like you to share it with!

two_wheels
July 31st, 2016, 02:40 AM
Thank you for sharing and congrats! Beautiful hair.:crush:
Thankyou!

Looks like you had a few hurdles along the way, just like I had on my 10 year journey (3 setbacks, 2x back to chin, 1x back to BSL from hip). Yeah, you'll get there eventually, that's what I've learned. ;)

Congratulations. I think your hair has never looked better!!! :D
Thanks! Self-induced setbacks make us stronger in the end I think!

I love all of this! Congrats a million times over! Does it feel long yet?! ;)

Yes, you people are brilliant!
It does feel long-ish :D

Happy anniversary, Wheelie!
Thanks!

Congrats on 5 years and all your progress!

I'm so happy to read this! I am in the awkward phase of growing out a pixie and getting married in a month. Glad to know flower pics worked for you. You have given me hope!
Thanks! Yes I just pinned it back in the end, though you might want to consider this too - lace braid the sides and then twist and pin the ends. Hair was chin-shoulder but supermullet at this point.
http://i.imgur.com/k1znNZ0t.jpg

Wonderful post! Congrats on your wedding! I didnīt know :heart:

I remember when you wanted to match that picture with the dress and how happy you were when you did, and look at you now! Great journey!
Thanks! Yes, I was soooooo happy!! Good luck with yours too, I think you are starting to show good progress at last!

Good job! Your hair looks great!:flower:
Thanks!

Congratulations, your hair looks fantastic :)
Thankyou!

Johannah
July 31st, 2016, 02:58 AM
Hee! I look forward to your 5y anniversary post! Yeah, it grew :) I have cut about 4.5" total since last December!
Hair twin? I'd kill to be your hair twin!! Ok then :D :D :D
And welcome back! (I still have your little glowy lights that say 'love' on my mantelpiece - they make me so happy :)

This makes ME happy :D and yes we are hair twins, hurrraaayy for 2a waves that never stay! (at least, mine don't stay :/)

And maybe - just maybe - I will remind myself I actually *have* a hair anniversary since I forget about it every. single. year. woops :lol:

lapushka
July 31st, 2016, 03:14 AM
Thanks! Self-induced setbacks make us stronger in the end I think!

Must be! :) Your hair looks amazing, BTW! :D Way to reach 5 years!!! :thumbsup:

butterfly_dream
July 31st, 2016, 06:04 AM
Happy 5th Hairiversary, two_wheels! Great progress pictures.
This French Twist is absolutely perfect! :crush:

Crystawni
July 31st, 2016, 06:19 AM
This is a Wheelie Awesome update! Congrats on your LHC fifthiversary, and thank you for being you. It's always a pleasure catching up, following your journey and sharing the longhair road (hair and hairtoy growth... :lol:). Oh, and yay for longness and slimness! Looking great there, Mrs Wheels. :disco:

slynr
July 31st, 2016, 08:35 AM
Congratulations!! You certainly have come a long way and your hair looks beautiful. You are a wonderful person and I always enjoy you here. Looking forward to seeing the next 5 years of progress!!

Wosie
July 31st, 2016, 09:02 AM
Happy fifthiversary, t_w! You were one of my first buddies here in the LHC.~ Thanks for always being so kind! You feel like a hair sister on here, for reasons I've explained many times before. :p (Getting pixies in 2012 and growing it out without any significant trims, etc. :*D) Your waves're so pretty.~
To the next five years of hair growth! :toast:

Hailwidis
July 31st, 2016, 09:06 AM
Congratulations! You have lovely hair, and that french twist and ficare are absolute perfection.

It's also refreshing how positive your attitude is :flower: