PDA

View Full Version : I need some encouragement... I'm growing out my hair once again!!

backtolonghair
October 18th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Hey there! I'm sure i'm not the only who has ever done this, but I just recently cut my shoulder length hair to a chin length bob.. now I want my hair long again, and am somewhat discouraged. I did it because I was getting tired of waiting for it to grow out, and I had split ends and it was dry, and plus it was summer time. I guess I just need some encouragement, and maybe some ideas for how to grow my hair out faster?? Thank you!!:)

Isblå
October 18th, 2008, 05:55 PM
Well, now you have a perfect chance to grow it out completely healty. All the damaged ends are gone and when you pamper it now, you will have the most beautiful hair as it gets longer. Look on the bright side I say:) The hair will grow at its own pace regardless in my experience, try not to get too frustrated and enjoy yourself while you are getting there. Good luck!

TheKnight'sLady
October 18th, 2008, 07:39 PM
I don't have any tips on making hair grow faster, but just wanted to encourage you. Good luck with your growing-out journey. I am sure your hair will be beautiful every step of the way

rileysmama32208
October 18th, 2008, 08:15 PM
Good luck on your grow-out! There's an upside to having cut your hair recently-- its easier to KEEP hair healthy than to MAKE hair healthy ;)

harpgal
October 18th, 2008, 08:26 PM
backtolonghair, there really is no way to grow your hair faster. Long hair isn't something that we just instantly get. It is all about traveling along a path...a path of patience and nurturing. It is about learning to care for and enjoy your hair. If by some stroke of luck and with time, you wake up some morning and realize (after many years) that your hair really is long, then you will also realize that being there is not as important as getting there.

This journey is often described as actually being a lifestyle and not necessarily being about a hair style. May you enjoy the ride! :)

psimons
October 19th, 2008, 04:45 AM
Hi backtolonghair. I am growing mine out again and it is now long enough to put up. I am using clips and hairbands - anything to make it easier. Every day I can make an updo is a day I don't have to fret about it. Hang in there!:)

AngelInDisguise
October 19th, 2008, 05:29 AM
I'm just over shoulder-length right now, so I think I know a bit how you felt before cutting the hair shorter. As others already have written this is a really good starting point to let your hair grow long and healthy.

I fear there really is no way to make the hair grow much faster (if I ever should happen to find one, this would bring me loads of money :eyebrows:) but Moonchaser's Sweet Success Hair Oil http://archive.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=38114 sounds like something helpful and you might want to give it a try.

Chrissy
October 19th, 2008, 06:37 AM
Come join us on the Shorties board! See my siggy. I went from that long to short. I'm not happy I did it but I am now enjoying the growing out process. Yes enjoying. It doesn't do any good to hate it as it is what it is. I know my hair can be long as it was before. It will get there. Seriously check out the shorties board. There are several of us there. Good luck on your growing journey.

xrosiex
October 19th, 2008, 10:08 AM
backtolonghair, there really is no way to grow your hair faster. Long hair isn't something that we just instantly get. It is all about traveling along a path...a path of patience and nurturing. It is about learning to care for and enjoy your hair. If by some stroke of luck and with time, you wake up some morning and realize (after many years) that your hair really is long, then you will also realize that being there is not as important as getting there.

This journey is often described as actually being a lifestyle and not necessarily being about a hair style. May you enjoy the ride! :)

I really like this comment by harpgal. It even encouraged me.:):):)

joyfulmom4
October 19th, 2008, 11:17 AM
I second what others have said about this being the perfect opportunity to grow out totally healthy hair. You'll be surprised how fast it grows. Think back to the beginning of the summer, doesn't that seem like it was almost yesterday? Time flies and you'll have long gorgeous hair before you know it.

spidermom
October 19th, 2008, 11:18 AM
I did that so many times! I'd start out with short hair and 2 years long years later I'd have hair somewhere between shoulder length and APL. Then I'd decide that my hair just wasn't growing and would never get long anyway, so I might as well cut it.

There are cute things to do with hair of every length, so first of all, enjoy the hair that you have now. And have patience. You won't get long hair in two years, but it certainly will be longer, and by the time 5 years have passed, it will be long indeed.

Shanarana
October 19th, 2008, 11:20 AM
That is about the stage I always got to before chopping it in the past. We all have our awkward stage and once we get past that....we're golden.

Hang in there.

Leabhar
October 19th, 2008, 12:11 PM
I agree with the previous posters-enjoy the hair at its current length, and enjoy taking care of healthy hair. Now you won't lose growth to split ends or worrying over them!

backtolonghair
October 20th, 2008, 09:18 AM
Thanks everyone for all of your encouragement! I really appreciate it! You are all right... there isn't really anyhting you can do, to speed up the process... eating right, taking supplements, getting enough rest, drinking enough water and taking care of your hair does help, and might increase the growth a little, but it still takes time. I"m not gonna wake up tommorrow with 12 inches of growth on my head! LOL! Although that would be nice! :D

Thanks again for what you had to say and share.. I appreciate it! God bless! :)

Nic's
October 20th, 2008, 10:43 AM
The only encouragement I can give is that I cut mine to short (only a few inches long) and am starting all over again, so have many months of that difficult stage ahead of me. I guess with patience, time will go by quicker than expected.

MandaMom2Three
October 20th, 2008, 08:11 PM
Awww, been there done THAT!! I am really working right now on making sure all new growth stays healthy (the damaged bits will get trimmed off when I get the length I want). I get excited over every inch gained! (and every pound lost, but that's a whooooooole other ball game :p )