PDA

View Full Version : What's your best hair purchase?

lapushka
July 29th, 2016, 03:30 AM
I hope this thread doesn't yet exist, if so, mods feel free to join it up. :)

What's -so far- the best product for your hair that you ever got? May be multiples!

lapushka
July 29th, 2016, 03:31 AM
I'll start. I think it's:

- Curl Enhancing Smoothie by Shea Moisture (or CES by SM) --> that thing is awesome for creating texture!
- Eco Styler gel

Johannah
July 29th, 2016, 04:00 AM
No Hello Hydration, lapushka?

For me it's definitely Andrélon Keratine repair conditioner :lol: I'm using it for over two years now and my hair still *loves* it. Same with the leave-in =)

lapushka
July 29th, 2016, 04:13 AM
OMG, HOW, how could I forget my HG products! I'm so in love with the CES lately that the rest is out the window! :lol:

Of course (thank you Johannah, so much!!!):

- HE Hello Hydration conditioner
- Garnier Ultra Doux / Ultimate/Whole Blends olive conditioner
- Garnier Ultra Doux / Ultimate/Whole Blends honey conditioner

Thanks again for reminding me, Johannah! :o

I think I have that leave-in, was a recent purchase for me (so will be a long time since I use it, because I have to go through older leave-ins first).

Decoy24601
July 29th, 2016, 04:29 AM
Hmm... my best hair purchases would probably be:

1: Flaxseeds (to make Flaxseed Gel)
2: Garnier Whole Blends Nourishing conditioner
3: Herbal Essences Hello Hydration conditioner

Johannah
July 29th, 2016, 04:33 AM
OMG, HOW, how could I forget my HG products! I'm so in love with the CES lately that the rest is out the window! :lol:

Of course (thank you Johannah, so much!!!):

- HE Hello Hydration conditioner
- Garnier Ultra Doux / Ultimate/Whole Blends olive conditioner
- Garnier Ultra Doux / Ultimate/Whole Blends honey conditioner

Thanks again for reminding me, Johannah! :o

I think I have that leave-in, was a recent purchase for me (so will be a long time since I use it, because I have to go through older leave-ins first).

Lol, I was like WHATS GOING ON? :lol: Did you purchase the Andrélon Keratine leave-in, you mean? I'm curious what you think about it :lol:

Hmm... my best hair purchases would probably be:

1: Flaxseeds (to make Flaxseed Gel)
2: Garnier Whole Blends Nourishing conditioner
3: Herbal Essences Hello Hydration conditioner

Ooooh yeah, thanks for reminding me :lol: Totally forgot I wanted to try this out!

lapushka
July 29th, 2016, 05:20 AM
Lol, I was like WHATS GOING ON? :lol: Did you purchase the Andrélon Keratine leave-in, you mean? I'm curious what you think about it :lol:

It's in my product use up line. I go by FIFO (first in first out), so I have sooo many leave-ins to finish first. :o I still have the pink tube Hema leave-in from many years ago (5-10 years). It's still good. Tried it last week underneath my Eco Custard. I think I'm going to repeat this this week, all of it, but with a different gel. Yeah. I'll keep you posted once I get to it! :D

Tosca
July 29th, 2016, 05:55 AM
I think it's a tossup between my new clear hair ties, and buying a scalp scrubber thing to brush my hair with. Also, gentle hold hard headbands. Great for my wispies.

Johannah
July 29th, 2016, 06:03 AM
It's in my product use up line. I go by FIFO (first in first out), so I have sooo many leave-ins to finish first. :o I still have the pink tube Hema leave-in from many years ago (5-10 years). It's still good. Tried it last week underneath my Eco Custard. I think I'm going to repeat this this week, all of it, but with a different gel. Yeah. I'll keep you posted once I get to it! :D

Lol, I'll get back to you in 10 years! :p

pailin
July 29th, 2016, 06:52 AM
I think it's a tossup between my new clear hair ties, and buying a scalp scrubber thing to brush my hair with. Also, gentle hold hard headbands. Great for my wispies.

The clear hairties! The first time I tried this type of thing several years ago was for ponytails /halfups, because they're so popular here- and I HATED them. Now that I've been braiding so much, I've totally fallen in love!

lapushka
July 29th, 2016, 07:11 AM
Lol, I'll get back to you in 10 years! :p

Hahaha, I'll move it up the line a bit. ;) :p Just for you! :D I will, though! Products don't go bad so fast with me.

I almost forgot my recent "best" hair purchase, and that is the Kyrell argan oil hair mask (in a tube) by Aldi, €2.99 a tube. It is comparable to my HE Hello Hydration, and which is what I'm using currently as my 2nd C in WCC. You are supposed to leave it on 5-10 min., but after 3min. it is already working so I don't leave it on longer (I have to be relatively "fast" when washing my hair).

missrandie
July 29th, 2016, 08:02 AM
My Widu brush and EIA combs. I love them!

My sleep cap. It doubles as an eye mask, which I require.

romania09
July 29th, 2016, 08:21 AM
When I was randomly browsing through Insta, I stumbled upon this Australian haircare brand which makes hair masks known as "Hello Hair".
My hair was going through a bit of dryness phase so I decided to place and order and the results were amazing !! Instant shine and hydration :cheer:

AspenSong
July 29th, 2016, 08:30 AM
My sleep cap. It doubles as an eye mask, which I require.

Haha, I do that! When I can't find my sleep mask, I just pull my cap over my eyes.

I think my best purchases for my hair have been -

*My Tangle Teezer - I probably have like 70% less breakage and tangle issues using that than I ever did a normal brush. Literally it was life changing.
*Andalou Naturals Deep Conditioner and also their Leave in conditioner cream. Makes my hair so soft and nice.
*L'Oreal Eversleek conditioner. My hair just loves it.

Frankenstein
July 30th, 2016, 12:08 AM
Suave keratin infusion shampoo and a satin bonnet.

restless
July 30th, 2016, 03:12 AM
I would probably say a 5 inch basic Quattro fork thats made out of stainless steel. Ive been using it every night for my usual sleep hairstyle (a lazy wrap bun) and its never ever fallen out by the morning. I bought it a year ago and it still looks brand new.

I do adore my EIA comb a lot too though. And my Green bell hair scissors.

lapushka
July 30th, 2016, 03:16 AM
Haha, I do that! When I can't find my sleep mask, I just pull my cap over my eyes.

I think my best purchases for my hair have been -

*My Tangle Teezer - I probably have like 70% less breakage and tangle issues using that than I ever did a normal brush. Literally it was life changing.
*Andalou Naturals Deep Conditioner and also their Leave in conditioner cream. Makes my hair so soft and nice.
*L'Oreal Eversleek conditioner. My hair just loves it.

Yes! How could I forget my TT. Seems I'm forgetting quite a bit along the way.

Also the "glue" gel from our local "Action" store (Belgium) is amazing.

Daydreamer.
July 30th, 2016, 04:18 AM
Interesting thread. I'd say argan oil, avocado oil, ACV, and spin pins. There's more, but I can't think of anymore at the moment...

lapushka
July 30th, 2016, 04:38 AM
Oh, my bottle of J&J baby oil! Great for ROO!

ephemeri
July 30th, 2016, 05:17 AM
Out of all the hair products I've tried, I think the thing I'm most happy with is the old thrift store T-shirt I use to dry my hair and plop. Sounds silly but that's the thing I feel like I can't live without. The rest of my routine has been a rotating cast of characters!

Deborah
July 30th, 2016, 10:43 AM
In no particular order:

WIDU wooden bristle brush
Madora Comb
Indian herbs for hair washing
Citric Acid powder to combat very hard water

mermaid lullaby
August 5th, 2016, 04:45 PM
I think getting a good haircut
Small sharp scissors for s&d
Seamless comb

meteor
August 7th, 2016, 04:12 PM
1. Seamless wide tooth comb/pick (seems like I can't live without it :p)

2. Hairstick (the easiest way to quickly put hair up in a protective style)

3. Silky scarf (seemed fussy to use at first, but I can't sleep without one now, it massively cuts down on overnight frizz and tangles)

Angelica
August 11th, 2016, 05:09 PM
Many moons ago, I bought a cruelty free shampoo Tiki Valerian. It was the best shampoo I have ever used. Unfortunately it is no longer on the market, in fact not even the company exists any more.

Ashenputtel
August 13th, 2016, 08:58 AM
My tangle teaser
Pantene ice shine conditionner
Head and shoulders clinical strenght shampoo (I have SD)
spin pins
My crazy expensive She uemura essence absolu, it`s the best silicone leave in serum I tried and it smells amazing and do not feel heavy.