PDA

View Full Version : Very Silly Hair Thoughts

HeartofHaleth
July 28th, 2016, 06:31 PM
Now, now...before you think this is another random thoughts thread...hear me out! ;)

Personally, I find that stating my insecurities out loud (or in text :p) to other people can help me see just how silly they are. My hope is that this can be a place to talk about our hair worries, and maybe help each other see that they don't have any basis in fact! :o

So here goes: I have a tendency to think that the higher the texture classification of my hair, the better it is. I keep hoping that somehow it's been mistyped, and I'm really a 2c or somesuch. Weirdly, it's not that I think my hair would look a lot better if it was wavier; I just have this strange idea that the number/letter combination "2c" is innately superior to "2a". There's my very silly hair thought. What's one of yours? (Remember, no judgement here! :))

lithostoic
July 28th, 2016, 08:01 PM
Dude I'm the same way. I want to be a wavy so bad, it's just wishful thinking that had me thinking I was wavier.

Twilight Echo
July 28th, 2016, 09:54 PM
I get where you're coming from with the superiority of 2c there, it really does sound better (not being biased as I am a 2cer here). Is it weird though that I find 1a sounding better to 3c, as I kind of do like the straighter hair :p

Crystawni
July 28th, 2016, 09:54 PM
My silly thought is 2b or not 2b? That is the question. :wigtongue My hair is all over the 2 spectrum, and I often just go for the middling number, but it would be nice to actually have continuity. Pick a number, hair! Gah! 2b also reminds me of my pencils for drawing. :writer: So, yeah. Just random--no real insecurities here. I'm cool with what I've got, and actually enjoy the transitions and moods. Mostly.

pailin
July 28th, 2016, 10:27 PM
Dude I'm the same way. I want to be a wavy so bad, it's just wishful thinking that had me thinking I was wavier.

Haha, and me thinking I'd prefer to be straighter- I always liked straight hair!

Decoy24601
July 28th, 2016, 10:28 PM
Some days I think my hair is too thin... which is insane because I have a 5" ponytail circumference :lol:.

missrandie
July 28th, 2016, 10:32 PM
Sometimes I think my hair is too healthy. It's too darn slick!

XiaoBaiTu
July 28th, 2016, 11:48 PM
I wish my hair was black. I have dark brown hair with a pretty chocolatey color that is sometimes mistaken for black, but it isn't. My mom has gorgeous, blue-black hair that has slowly become such a pretty salt-and-pepper. I'm also afraid that my hair will just fade out into light, brownish-gray like my dad's instead of doing the salt-and-pepper thing.

The silly part is that I'm only 18 years old, so gray is not a concern for for more than 20 years! And I do love my dark brown hair, but I so wish it was black...

Twilight Echo
July 29th, 2016, 12:28 AM
I wish my hair was black. I have dark brown hair with a pretty chocolatey color that is sometimes mistaken for black, but it isn't. My mom has gorgeous, blue-black hair that has slowly become such a pretty salt-and-pepper. I'm also afraid that my hair will just fade out into light, brownish-gray like my dad's instead of doing the salt-and-pepper thing.

The silly part is that I'm only 18 years old, so gray is not a concern for for more than 20 years! And I do love my dark brown hair, but I so wish it was black...

I know that feeling all too well!! I've always admired the black haired people, and the blue-black is absolutely beautiful - the silver streaks in them when they start greying is gorgeous too! I'm afraid that I'll go that brown-grey too, I'm soo hoping that it'll be a nice silvery white (I have medium brown hair, so could go either way)
Your hair looks beautiful, by the way! Love the colour! :)

Coral Grimes
July 29th, 2016, 02:02 AM
I don't really have anything that specific, only that my hair is crap and being as thine (thin and fine!) as it is, I should not be growing it long. That's why I stopped getting my hair done professionally, I was fed up with every hairdresser telling me, your hair is sooooo fine. Yes, I had noticed thanks, it is growing out of my head. :rolleyes:

Amenahh
July 29th, 2016, 02:20 AM
I really wish my hair was black too. It's dark brown, that looks medium brown in the light, and I've always found that very uninteresting

pailin
July 29th, 2016, 02:21 AM
I don't really have anything that specific, only that my hair is crap and being as thine (thin and fine!) as it is, I should not be growing it long. That's why I stopped getting my hair done professionally, I was fed up with every hairdresser telling me, your hair is sooooo fine. Yes, I had noticed thanks, it is growing out of my head. :rolleyes:

There are other i's around here. Don't listen to everyone who says you shouldn't grow it long. Keeping it short doesn't make it thicker. Do what you want with your hair, and make the most of what you have.

Johannah
July 29th, 2016, 03:05 AM
Some days I think my hair is too thin... which is insane because I have a 5" ponytail circumference :lol:.

Same here, but my hair is NOT 5" lol. :lol:

lapushka
July 29th, 2016, 03:28 AM
So here goes: I have a tendency to think that the higher the texture classification of my hair, the better it is. I keep hoping that somehow it's been mistyped, and I'm really a 2c or somesuch. Weirdly, it's not that I think my hair would look a lot better if it was wavier; I just have this strange idea that the number/letter combination "2c" is innately superior to "2a". There's my very silly hair thought. What's one of yours? (Remember, no judgement here! :))

I would love to have curly hair, but... not gonna happen. I am 2b/c and... now, wait... wait! The "Curl Enhancing Smoothie" does miracles for kicking up your texture a notch (have you followed that whole conversation). I take a coinsize of the CES, scrunch it in my hair (coinsize for classic length is enough, less hair, less product) and then follow with same amount of gel + a bit of serum. I get 2c/3a, no joke. Vampyyri on here has the same effects and she's a 2a, so she's been able to bump up her texture a bit with it too.

XiaoBaiTu
July 29th, 2016, 03:08 PM
I know that feeling all too well!! I've always admired the black haired people, and the blue-black is absolutely beautiful - the silver streaks in them when they start greying is gorgeous too! I'm afraid that I'll go that brown-grey too, I'm soo hoping that it'll be a nice silvery white (I have medium brown hair, so could go either way)
Your hair looks beautiful, by the way! Love the colour! :)

Aww, thank you! When I get to that stage of life I would also love to have silver or silvery-white hair. I want to just be completely happy with what God gave me naturally, but I still wish for blue-black from time to time.

Although, if it was blue-black, I think I'd eventually get around to missing my chocolate brown. :)

Hairkay
July 29th, 2016, 03:44 PM
Well since it's a hot summer I'm showering a lot more. My plaits are unravelling daily so I end up having to replait/rebraid one or two every day now. Hair, stay! On another thought the ends of the plaits have the cutest little ringlets.

Christine_O
July 29th, 2016, 04:26 PM
Ah, yes. So for years I have admired women with long silver hair. I have my mother's hair. It's medium brown. In a few days I will be 60 and it will still be medium brown. If I live to be 80 it will be mostly medium brown with graying temples. If I live to be 86 it will be mostly a lovely fluffy silver with a strong hint of...you guessed it, medium brown.

jazzhands
July 29th, 2016, 05:04 PM
I really wish my hair was black too. It's dark brown, that looks medium brown in the light, and I've always found that very uninteresting

I've always wanted mine to be auburn or dark brown w/ coppery highlights! I don't know if mine qualifies as black, exactly (it's darker than brown and very ashy, but not exactly pure jet black either), but dark brown hair reminds me of chocolate, and who wouldn't want delicious hair? :D

LadyAdelina
July 29th, 2016, 06:33 PM
I would love to have curly hair, but... not gonna happen. I am 2b/c and... now, wait... wait! The "Curl Enhancing Smoothie" does miracles for kicking up your texture a notch (have you followed that whole conversation). I take a coinsize of the CES, scrunch it in my hair (coinsize for classic length is enough, less hair, less product) and then follow with same amount of gel + a bit of serum. I get 2c/3a, no joke. Vampyyri on here has the same effects and she's a 2a, so she's been able to bump up her texture a bit with it too.

I feel like I want to try it, and see if it gives me anything... My hair is slightly wavy when short, but gets pin straight the longer it gets (from the weight?) and I always wished it was curly. I feel like I have to wear my hair up when I buy curl enhancing products, or the person at the checkout is going to judge my goofy straight hair and tell me the product is not for me!

vampyyri
July 29th, 2016, 06:42 PM

I was starting to type a comment, and then saw that you mentioned exactly what I was going to say!! :rollin: You're the best!! :bounce::hifive:

I get my 1c/2a temperamental hair up to a 2b with CES!

missrandie
July 29th, 2016, 07:53 PM
My silliest today: is that spot sunbleached or naturally lighter? Said of the odd patch at the center of my nape. After dying everything pink (twice), it remained by far the brightest and lightest.

Coral Grimes
July 29th, 2016, 08:23 PM
There are other i's around here. Don't listen to everyone who says you shouldn't grow it long. Keeping it short doesn't make it thicker. Do what you want with your hair, and make the most of what you have.

Thanks, I think so too. :-)

At least since I can't bear to part with my crazy colours - which are at the ends of my hair - it stops me from chopping it all off.

H o n є y ❤
July 30th, 2016, 08:56 AM
Welcome to the fine and thin hair club!

XiaoBaiTu
July 30th, 2016, 11:06 AM
Ah, yes. So for years I have admired women with long silver hair. I have my mother's hair. It's medium brown. In a few days I will be 60 and it will still be medium brown. If I live to be 80 it will be mostly medium brown with graying temples. If I live to be 86 it will be mostly a lovely fluffy silver with a strong hint of...you guessed it, medium brown.

Even though silver is so pretty, you'll at least be able to pass yourself off as younger than you actually are since you have so few grays. ;)

meteor
July 30th, 2016, 11:34 AM
My silly hair thought (that comes back in full force every summer since my hair feels heavy and hot) is how awesome it would be to just cut all my hair off, turn it into a wig or extensions and wear that "hair curtain" only when I feel like it. :p

missrandie
July 30th, 2016, 12:35 PM
My silly hair thought (that comes back in full force every summer since my hair feels heavy and hot) is how awesome it would be to just cut all my hair off, turn it into a wig or extensions and wear that "hair curtain" only when I feel like it. :p

I've had that thought! Actually, I've seriously considered using my old lopped off ponytail to do that very thing.

meteor
July 30th, 2016, 12:54 PM
^ Yay, glad I'm not alone, missrandie! :hifive:

As for the ponytail thing, oh yes, I bet there are services that can turn loose hair into a weft. And then, from there, you can do anything you want with it, for example, sew clips (to create clip-in extensions) or attach a transparent string to it (to create Halo/crown/flip-in extensions), etc...

Mirabele
July 30th, 2016, 04:20 PM
Aw i thought i was the only one. All the numbers and letters more than 1A for some reason sound to be better and more glamorous. In my reasonable mind i understand that there is nothing wrong being 1A but even being a grown up woman i wish i would wake up one morning with any miracle wave or that this next wash with any new product will give me a magic texture.

Also, kind of ashamed of being thin+fine haired. Grew up under believe that this type hair is "bad","poor", "worst" and it must be kept short and styled, so it takes many years and mindful thinking to get it out of my head, LHC helped a lot here. But i do wear my hair up for most of the time and sometimes when asked why, my first thougt is, don't you see, my hair is too thin to be left down. Aw.

Crystawni
July 30th, 2016, 06:47 PM
Even though silver is so pretty, you'll at least be able to pass yourself off as younger than you actually are since you have so few grays. ;)

I guess my silly thought is: if greys make you look older, is that why some young'uns are colouring their hair silver..? Kinda like levelling up? :wigtongue

Yeah, I know, silver's a trend, especially thanks to current media--but from my own experience, I wouldn't say going grey is ageing. I've actually been asked a few times where I get my hair done. Tis be all natural. Sometimes I temporarily part my hair on the white side of things just to glimpse into the future. :wethree:

Eas693
July 30th, 2016, 07:37 PM
I'm similar with silliest but it's with color. For some reason since my henna came out darker (I have light brown hair and I knew it would t lighten it) I keep feeling like I did it wrong. I logically know it's not true but I have a weird insecurity about it.

Tassledown
August 1st, 2016, 12:06 AM

I live with this off and on sometimes. My mother started going salt-and-pepper at 31 (when she had me) and her brown-black hair was like that most of her life. The upside for her is that she could finally dye her hair red without needing to bleach it first, but I've got a grey streak started I've had for ten years since I was 16. I admit I keep hoping that it will just expand and turn into a LARGE grey streak so I can look like Rogue from the X-men instead of going salt-and-pepper (well, cinnamon-and-sugar in my case) like she did. I only have five more years if my genes mirror hers...

On the OTHER side of this thread, me and my sister basically sum up the rest of the discussion. I have 3a hair - she has 1a. She wishes she had curls and more body; I wish my hair was as wash-and-wear as hers is. The grass is always greener...
(Yes, we have the exact same parents. Our brothers have that issue too - one brother is 3b I think, the other is ALSO 1a. I stg my family is a punett square.)