PDA

View Full Version : how to make this hairstyle?

malaspiga
July 28th, 2016, 12:58 PM
http://static.wixstatic.com/media/172fa4387d68c5f8de11d0104c07f858.wix_mp_256

Anje
July 28th, 2016, 01:05 PM
My guess is that there's some filler there, unless her hair is extraordinarily thick and long. (Gossamer might be able to pull that off with no additions (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=138721&p=3261599&viewfull=1#post3261599), but relatively few people could.) Honestly, it looks unbalanced and uncomfortable. Seriously, it looks like there's a braid in there as thick as her neck.

If I were trying to replicate it, I'd probably start with a really big paranda that looked like hair (horsehair wasn't uncommon historically for doing this sort of thing), braid it partly, then make a bee-butt bun and wrap the remaining unbraided length around and around the base.

Cg
July 28th, 2016, 01:21 PM
I'd start with two rats: one like a donut except filled in for the back, and one cylindrical and long enough to encircle the head past the ears. You could clip a braided headpiece at the back or if long enough, your own braid could work. But without extremely long and/or thick hair, the rats would probably be needed.

Rats don't add much weight, but the way this do is styled you'd have to maintain her posture (inspecting the floor) or the hair would probably sag, even with a whole tub of product.

One alternative is to place the extended braid at the high crown instead of the back, and then pin like a madwoman. And for heaven's sake, don't move much.

lapushka
July 28th, 2016, 01:58 PM
It looks like everything after the scarf is phony texture, it somehow is different from the short hair in the front (frizzier). I think that's a hairpiece, TBH. To me it almost looks as if it's a hat she's wearing (esp. with the rolled up braid in the back). It somehow doesn't seem real to me. I have no clue how to do this with real hair, though (which would probably be much prettier). The scarf is there for a reason, it seems. :hmm: