PDA

View Full Version : Freaking out!!

ALenee
October 18th, 2008, 03:18 PM
OMG OMG OMG!:wail:

I just measured my hair (which I have only done a couple times) the first time I measured it, approx 2 months ago it was 33" and today ITS STILL 33"! Has my hair stopped growing?? Is 33" my term length?!:(

HELP!

bunnii
October 18th, 2008, 03:22 PM
Awwww it's ok you're probably going through a stall, I think you have to give it a year before you're at term, I was at 27 inch for over 6 months which was pretty depressing.

So don't worry it's probably just a stall :)

BunnyBee
October 18th, 2008, 03:46 PM
I measured my hair today after a month and a half and it's stayed at 22.5 inches :(, so I was freaking out too. I guess we just have to be patient, as annoying as it is. I'm not very good at waiting, lol.

Tabitha
October 18th, 2008, 03:46 PM
One of the reasons why I very rarely measure :silly:

ALenee
October 18th, 2008, 04:16 PM
So is it a stall?? How long can it stall for? Maybe I will quit measuring! Is 33" a common term length?

lora410
October 18th, 2008, 04:20 PM
my last stall lasted 7 months and it looks like I might be there again

xrosiex
October 18th, 2008, 04:22 PM
I feel like I'm at a stand still. So I not measureing for a few months.:rolleyes:

Nat242
October 18th, 2008, 04:34 PM
Remember that measuring hair is often quite imprecise, and it's certainly easy to slip up by half an inch or an inch or more. It's possible you made a mistake in your measurement two months ago. Don't freak out. If you are in a stall, just focus on staying healthy, keep your hair up, and don't think about it too much. Before you know it, it'll be growing again.

It's highly, highly unlikely that your terminal length is 33 inches.

ETA: This is why I don't measure! It's so hard to get an accurate measurement, and I don't want to worry about something I can't change.

Juneii
October 18th, 2008, 04:39 PM
it might be a stall like everyone else is saying.
do you have a lot of split ends, you can try snipping them off :]
split ends might make hair grow a bit slower too, it makes the ends of the hair deteriorate while the hair grows

ALenee
October 18th, 2008, 05:48 PM
Thank you everyone!

I don't have any split ends, nor do I used heated hair appliances more then once in a great while. I take good care of my hair, and even better care since I started reading tips here and other boareds on how to care for long hair. Im really hoping the stall doesnt last long! ;)

freznow
October 18th, 2008, 05:53 PM
The way to determine if it's truly terminal length: Wear hair up and take excellent care of it for a year. If it hasn't grown by that point, it's probably terminal. But some have stalled for a length of a year or more - you never know.

My hair stalled for about 2-3 months. And now it's gone through a super growth spurt! So it almost evens out.

mandeloo
October 18th, 2008, 06:23 PM
omg theres a terminal length?!? I thought it just kept growing...*silly* me.

SHELIAANN1969
October 18th, 2008, 07:00 PM
I wouldn't freak yet, measuring is NOT and exact figure, I was at 34.5 then got a *tiny* trim and that was 2 months ago, I hadn't measured in 2 months, I measured a couple days ago, guess where I am? 34.5!

ha

But my hair is curly, sometimes I have to comb the devil out of it to get to a tad bit longer length, I pretty much gave up on exact measurements in terms of inches etc. as one week I would be 34.5 the next week the measuring tape said 33 or 33.5, hair is weird, I think mine messes with my head (pun intended)

As long as it is visibly growing, healthy and I am happy with how it looks and feels, I'm cool with it now, in the beginning, I was tripping out over ever little thing, hehe, now a handful of shed hairs doesn't even freak me out, that's just the way my hair is and I know it, so, I chill and accept it for what it is! :)

NightDaemon
October 18th, 2008, 09:01 PM
Well, it does keep growing. Terminal is just where the natural deterioration of the ends into nothing balances the growth rate.

MadHatter
October 18th, 2008, 09:07 PM

Yeah, a hair isn't going to stay in its follicle indefinitely. If you're a slow grower, your term length would be comparatively shorter than someone with a fast growth rate.
I never measure. It's imprecise, and is just a pain in the butt to do, so I go by landmarks.

HairColoredHair
October 18th, 2008, 09:48 PM
Probably a stall... Or a goofy measurement(s). :)

I stalled around classic for almost 6 months! So don't give up hope, just focus on the condition for a while! :D