PDA

View Full Version : Curly, wavy or straight?

Honigwein
October 18th, 2008, 02:51 PM
I was wondering how many people in here prefer curly, wavy or straight hair! I´m thinking to change my style next year and have my hair straight once in a while.:)

bunnii
October 18th, 2008, 03:02 PM
I prefer straight hair, which is quite handy because that's what I have :D

Vitalai
October 18th, 2008, 03:04 PM
I have straight hair, but I've always admired wavy and curly hair. You always want what you can't have.

lyria
October 18th, 2008, 03:16 PM
I prefer wavey (my hair type) becasue I think it's more versatile. It stays up when I put it up, but has volume and movement when I wear it down.

zift
October 18th, 2008, 03:32 PM
I prefer straight hair but I have so many waves :brickwall

Soniasonia
October 18th, 2008, 03:52 PM
Wavy, it can look elegant, and it can look casual depending on your outfit. Very versatile.

joyfulmom4
October 18th, 2008, 04:24 PM
I guess I'd have to say wavy. But all hair types can be equally beautiful. I suppose it depends more on the individual's hair (how healthy it is, the color, the styling) than the straightness or curliness.

Juneii
October 18th, 2008, 04:37 PM
I like curly hair, which sucks because I have straight hair that hates going curly T__T well, we always want what we can't have, yeah?

NeilTheFuzz
October 18th, 2008, 05:15 PM
I like ALL hair! :D If I had to have a personal preference though, I'd say I liked curly/wavey most.

30isthenewblack
October 18th, 2008, 05:22 PM
I've always liked my own curly hair and I've never blowdried it straight.

Morag
October 18th, 2008, 05:53 PM
I like curls, but everybody who has them seems to complain about them so much that I voted for wavy. Wavy gives more body and texture in styling, which I could really use because I have such a small head, lol! But of course, my hair is fine and straight. Such is life. :shrug:

freznow
October 18th, 2008, 06:00 PM
I like them all! They each have their ups and downs, and are all just as lovely.

AnneAdeline
October 18th, 2008, 08:44 PM
I like wavy and curly. Many people have gorgeous straight hair, but I'd rather have some wave/curl to mine. Alas, I have 1b hair.

Speckla
October 18th, 2008, 09:03 PM
curls.curls.curls
________
Ford victoria skyliner picture (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Ford_Victoria_Skyliner)

Tangles
October 18th, 2008, 09:20 PM
Theoretically, wavy. But I have it, and it's also the hardest to work with. Wavy hair can have all the problems of both straight (lank, stringy) and curly (dry, unmanageable).

Angellen
October 18th, 2008, 09:39 PM
I'd love to be a wavy...I've been wearing it straighter lately and while it is glossy and silky, I miss the waves.

Not that it makes THAT much difference, because I wear it up everyday, but still.

GlassEyes
October 18th, 2008, 09:41 PM
I think...wavy, or straight.

Or rather, I'd like those on me. XD I'd like to have bangs to hide behind, and I think they'd look good on me, but they don't really work with my hair, at least not the way I'd like them too.

That said, I do love curly hair, I really do...I just think that they're a ****ing pain to deal with.

Fireweed
October 18th, 2008, 10:20 PM
I love striaght hair the best and I second curly. My hair has some waves and I wish it to be striaght most of the time.

longhairedfairy
October 19th, 2008, 12:31 AM
I like them all! They each have their ups and downs, and are all just as lovely.

I agree with freznow!

rockkcor
October 19th, 2008, 03:22 AM
Wavy is nice as it can be straight and curly at the same time...
I love when hair is full and has it's volume - no wonder right?
May it just be long! Straight, curly, wavy no matter - just may it be long, longer the better!
:)

crystal_89
October 19th, 2008, 04:42 AM
I love straight hair the most, then curly. I have naturally wavy hair.

Sarahmoon
October 19th, 2008, 06:30 AM
As someone with straight hair, I prefer wavy :D I think it looks nicer (but not always) and is better to manage than curly hair.

Chanterelle
October 19th, 2008, 06:54 AM
As someone with wavy hair I prefer ... curly :)
Well, I stil have hope. My hair is gradually becoming more and more curly :D

paper
October 19th, 2008, 07:05 AM
This was a tough question. I think all hair is pretty. Theres something about long curly hair that is gorgeous. So, I voted for curly.

Sihda
October 19th, 2008, 07:41 AM
:confused:Well, it depends. My own hair: the curlier, the better. Generally: straight, wavy, curly - no difference, for me they are all beautiful.

NiAosSi
October 19th, 2008, 07:48 AM
I'm curly and wavy. Does that make sense? I have mostly waves but a curl here and there, mostly canopy though. I prefer one extreme or the other, not in between like I am. Now my sister, she has curls!:)

paprikapapaya
October 19th, 2008, 07:57 AM
I think I'm one of those cases where my natural hair texture (curly) does not suit me. I have a very round, eastern european face and my curls only add bulk to the sides of my face. I definitely prefer myself with straight hair.

Carina
October 19th, 2008, 08:06 AM
I like straight hair the most.My hair is very wavy so I guess I can dream on about having straight hair.I flatiron it about three times a year.

AJoifulNoise
October 19th, 2008, 09:20 AM
I prefer straight or curly. My waves drive me nuts!

Shypii90
October 19th, 2008, 09:39 AM
I said curly because that's my natural hair texture so like it or not, I have to deal with it.
It's actually great for those voluminous hair sprayed layered 1980s styles.. not that i'm going to have one anytime soon.
Oh and its fuller. straight hair in my opinion looks dead and like metallic strings of heat torture. it's weird. even someones natural bone straight hair, to me it looks heat induced :/

xrosiex
October 19th, 2008, 10:12 AM
I like all hair types also. But I think straight hair like 'madhatters' is the best.

Barca
October 19th, 2008, 10:38 AM
I'm torn between wavy and straight, but I chose straight. It seems like it grows faster and breaks less than my 3cs that spring all over the place and get caught on EVERYTHING...

smilinjenn71
October 19th, 2008, 01:49 PM
Perhaps I like curly hair the best because I have straight. We always seem to want the opposite of what we have. Curly haired gals and guys over the past several years have really learned to embrace their curls and make them look so nice!

I have a g/f that has the most glorious blonde curls and she cut her hair off to bob length this summer.:wail: It still looks really cute on her but I miss playing with her longer curls. I'm sure she did it because she has 2 girls under 3 and doesn't have a lot of time to fuss with her hair. My hope is she will let her locks grow again!!:crush:

MadHatter
October 19th, 2008, 02:03 PM
I guess I prefer straight. But I do think wavy and curly hair is (are?) gorgeous. I've never had to deal with curly hair, though, and I think it would be rather time consuming. I like to wear my hair down, and I don't think I'd be able to do that with curly hair. Seems like it would get disarrayed quickly.
xrosiex: :flowers:

jessie58
October 19th, 2008, 10:05 PM
My hair was curly and now just seems to be wavy. I used to live for curly hair and love it on others but knowing that mine will only be wavy now, I am going for the best wavy hair around.

toocurly
October 20th, 2008, 12:48 AM
After years of straightening and thinking that only STRAIGHT means BEAUTIFUL I fall in love with curls and started wearing them. I like every tipe of hair, for sure every is beautiful and the best for some reasons. But for me only curls giving this character which I'm looking for. I would love to have more curly hair.

Heidi_234
October 20th, 2008, 05:15 AM
What's wrong with you guys, straight hair is the best! Easy to handle, and shiny and low-maintenance and looks good in any way, and can pull off any hair style and hair cut, and argh. Straight hair FTW.

ImmortaLamia
October 20th, 2008, 05:15 AM
voted for straight

Crysania
October 20th, 2008, 05:39 AM
I voted straight, especially if the hair is silky and thick and not coarse
my hair is wavy/curly

harley mama
October 20th, 2008, 09:07 AM
I tend to notice curly hair more these days.

But, I enjoy seeing great hair, no matter what texture it is!

JamieLeigh
October 20th, 2008, 09:55 AM
I like it all! However, my own is naturally wavy and tends to frizz up when the weather is wet, so I'm pretty envious of straight hair! :o

cuddledumplin
October 20th, 2008, 10:04 AM
I voted wavy, but it might help to actually see your hair each way because some people look great with curly hair and don't look right with curly or vice versa.

burns_erin
October 20th, 2008, 11:22 AM
I prefer curly hair, which is unfortunate since mine is straight. But i have reconciled myself to it, i don't try to force it to be what is not. But dang am i jealous of my sisters fat sausage curls, of course she is rather envious of my straight hair.

taliarose
October 20th, 2008, 11:25 AM
Okay so the one time I would have voted :cheese: and it's not an option. I honestly don't have a preference. :(

tiny_teesha
October 22nd, 2008, 07:04 AM
i have 2b hair (wavy) but within hours or just a comb, it goes straight. I WISH it were curly! It would look a lot fuller! Waves are beautiful. Straight is ok too. But I prefer wavy with curls at the bottom- so wurly, but that wasn't an option so I picked curly and wavy. I want what I can't have :P

Medvssa
October 22nd, 2008, 11:35 AM
I cannot vote on this, I like them all :D

Nanni
October 22nd, 2008, 12:08 PM
I just LOVE long hair with soft saltwater waves. Beautiful!!!

Gumball
October 22nd, 2008, 01:39 PM
I think all hair types have definite capacity for really breathtaking beauty. I had to choose all three because there will always be one or more people out there with drop dead gorgeous heads of varying hair types. For me personally I've got curlyish hair. Sometimes for the sake of expedient combing out I'd want straighter hair, but my hair holds braids like nobody's business and that can really come in handy since that's my usual style. Also the rare times I wear my hair down I really think it can look awesome.

dancingbarefoot
October 22nd, 2008, 06:06 PM
I added a fourth option to the poll for those who said they'd like a "no preference" option.

straight hair is the best! Easy to handle, and shiny and low-maintenance and looks good in any way, and can pull off any hair style and hair cut, and argh.

:confused: :ponder: I fail to see how any of those characteristics apply only to straight hair. My wavy hair is extremely low-maintenance, for example, and having straight hair is no guarantee that it'll be shiny or manageable.

RocketDog
October 24th, 2008, 10:40 AM
I love all hair types - the versatility of waves, the mirror-like sheen of perfectly straight hair, and the amazing bounce and texture of curls. I wish I could have it all :)

RoseRedDead
October 25th, 2008, 08:52 AM
I don't really have a preference. It depends on the person. I think my hair suits me very well.

Ice~Cold~Wind
October 25th, 2008, 10:20 AM
My hair is very wavy, and I do prefer it to be its all-natural self.:DBut with other people, any type of hair is beautful, though not all people are suited for curtain types of hair.

Garnet66
October 25th, 2008, 12:04 PM
I'd like to have curly hair. I think curly hair is beautiful but I don't think I could manage the upkeep.

Forever_Sophie
October 25th, 2008, 02:56 PM
Wavy for me :)

Tressie
October 25th, 2008, 08:33 PM
I voted "no preference" because I love the look of shining straight hair, flowing wavy hair, and rioting curls! All hair has it's beauty! (o:

Krifantasy
October 25th, 2008, 09:10 PM
I like curly hair. Mine is curly the day I wash it, but the day before I wash it, it is straight.

Cereus
October 25th, 2008, 09:20 PM
I like all three though I enjoy my wavy hair because sometimes it's straight, sometimes wavy and sometimes it decides to be curly.

justgreen
October 26th, 2008, 09:15 AM
I voted straight, I love my straight hair.

Anje
October 26th, 2008, 02:35 PM
If I could choose to have hair that looked however I wanted, but was equally easy to deal with, I would go with deeply wavy or curly hair. I love the look of curls. I'm not certain I'd know how to handle them or would like the slow spirally growing process, but curly hair seems so pretty and fun-looking.

Yachiru
October 27th, 2008, 07:35 AM
Definitely straight! ^^
Too bad I got wavy hair =(

Curlsgirl
October 27th, 2008, 01:02 PM
It's funny to see that so many people think curls are hard to handle and maintain. I agree that when my hair was shorter it was and also when I didn't know how to do it. Now I get up, shake my head and go most of the time. At the most I have to straighten my bangs a bit or mist.

Oh and I picked curls! I LOVE silky straight hair too though.

devs12
October 29th, 2008, 06:19 PM
wavy:cheese:

BranwenWolf
October 30th, 2008, 08:06 PM
I have wavy/curly hair and prefer straight hair.

The shorter strands where I'm growing my bangs out get into all sorts of nonsense because of the curls. I wake up looking like Farrah Fawcett on acid.

Raven69
October 31st, 2008, 02:49 PM
It depends. On guys usually prefer straight hair, some guys have been known to be the exception...cause they are hot and deady sexy with curly/wavy hair.

For me, I like to have my hair straigtened every now and then, but I also love it when it's curly. Because I keep my hair in a bun all day long with wet hair, after work I let it down and I get that whole 'wavy' affect. When I had shorter hair when I was younger, it used to be wavy-curlyish hair while it was wet and especially when it dried.

Personally I don't like super curly, to me it just looks messy. I like my hair alot though, I don't have to have my hair wet to put in the curlers and get the whole curly affect - well now they have the 'hot rollers' available, but I think I'd stick to the actual little plastic and foam rollers I had as little girl.

neon-dream
October 31st, 2008, 07:24 PM
Ohh I change my mind between my waves and straight hair all the time hehe
at the minute i prefer my waves, they're lovely :)
xxx

Payal80
November 18th, 2008, 11:54 PM
straight bcoz it can be changed to any style as per needs

Shadow
December 15th, 2008, 05:37 AM
Wavy! I'm a curly-head but I wear my hair straight most of the time but wavy is my fave.

flapjack
December 15th, 2008, 05:42 AM
I like them all on other people. But I notice naturally straight hair on others more often because it's quite rare and it looks much better than flat-ironed hair (imo)... and it's so shiny. Oooooo.

Ryanne
December 15th, 2008, 09:30 AM
I like all of them too, but I prefer straight hair.

Floh
September 5th, 2016, 05:40 AM
I prefer curly hair, because that's what I have :)

lapushka
September 5th, 2016, 07:28 AM
I think I ticked all of the boxes, except the last one. :lol: These days I like my weird hair, though. ;)

Kajzh
September 5th, 2016, 10:13 PM
I like all of them. But I have to include my "full disclosure" notice and say that I've been straightening my hair for the last 10+ years. So that might be my personal preference on myself.

TatsuOni
December 29th, 2016, 07:18 AM
Straight, but that's on my own head. That's what I have and I'm happy with it :) When it comes to others I don't have a preference, but peoples natural texture is often what suits them best:)

But every once in a while I want it curly or wavy and it's easy to do heatless curls or waves :)

Fimu
December 29th, 2016, 10:55 AM
I like all hair types. I used to want straight hair, but now I embrace my curls because I know how to take care of it.

Dark40
February 10th, 2017, 06:06 AM
I prefer straight. I love the smoothness of pin straight hair!!!

Kat-Rinnè Naido
April 15th, 2017, 11:33 AM
I prefer curly but love and occasional straight look.

guywithlonghair
April 17th, 2017, 06:04 PM
Probably wavy because it is the best of both worlds.

Margrit
September 23rd, 2018, 06:55 AM
I've always liked my own curly hair

Silvike
September 27th, 2018, 09:17 AM
I prefer curly hair, but mine is wavy. When I was little, I had defined curls, so I don't really know why it has changed. :confused:

Eve-Jade-Day
September 30th, 2018, 12:08 PM
Wavy! Looks pretty without much effort. (Not the kind of effort that goes into making it wavy, that is.)

lizstar
October 4th, 2018, 08:54 AM
Very curly, I love it, but sometimes it annoys me to straight it

Vacurlylady
October 4th, 2018, 04:09 PM
What I like most is people wearing their hair natural. What we are given is the best for us. So I think anyway, but what do I know, I’ve kept my hair ultra short for most of my adult life. I’m growing out my wild curls and enjoying the journey! :)

lapushka
October 4th, 2018, 04:18 PM
Very curly, I love it, but sometimes it annoys me to straight it

Welcome to the forum.

GardenHorse
October 15th, 2018, 05:55 PM
I have always had straight hair, and I admire long curly and wavy hair. It looks like the hair is made of the Gods.
Straight hair I think is way easier to maintain but I still would prefer to have wavy or really curly hair.

erika.mollett
October 29th, 2018, 08:50 AM
i've always liked my own curly hair and i've never blowdried it straight.

i love all hair <3 <3 <3

lapushka
October 30th, 2018, 08:20 AM
i love all hair <3 <3 <3

Welcome to the forum, BTW. :)

nycelle
November 1st, 2018, 07:14 AM
Pin straight without any wave, curl or kinks. The kind of hair that doesn't get frizzy, is always shiny, and doesn't require any maintenance.
Hair like my mom has. She prefers wavy though..lol..

PixieNixie
November 1st, 2018, 10:11 AM
On myself: Straight. I actually have wavy hair. I envy the curly girls. :)

Natalia_A00
November 7th, 2018, 05:00 PM
Sometimes more or less straight, sometimes it has a little wave. Depends on the day, it's weird. I think the conditioners weight my waves down, my hair was more wavy when it was shorter.

SallySue
November 14th, 2018, 10:34 AM
I've always admired straight hair and thought it was so mysterious. All you have to do to is wash it and it looks like that?! Seems like way less effort. Plus it shows growth in real time :eek: (impatient and envious)

Always@Night
November 20th, 2018, 06:41 AM
I prefer curly and lucky that’s what I have; but straight hair is nice once in awhile. With straight hair you get to see your true length and that’s such a treat.:)

TheForestFae
November 20th, 2018, 07:23 AM
I couldnt decide on which hair type I would want, my hair type is straight but sometime I want to go a little bit wavy and then sometime I just want to go back to my straight hair lol

Natalia_A00
December 3rd, 2018, 11:14 AM
On myself, I prefer it a little bit wavy (I wish it had more waves!)
I feel like I have less volume when I straighten my hair completely, but it does look lovely too

lushfanatic
December 3rd, 2018, 11:31 AM
I love wavy/curly which is why I live in my braid waves! Straight is nice too but I have a smallish face for my height lol so feel like the volume of waves balances me out :D A strange reason, I know...

Missymo
December 4th, 2018, 06:57 PM
I prefer mostly straight because while I find curly hair really pretty, I find my hair is really hard to brush when it is curly.

mimikrija
December 5th, 2018, 12:08 PM
All hair styles and textures are good! Personally I loooove curly hair and have wavy hair myself. I'm actually doing Curly Girl Method right now to take better care of my hair and my waves have become more prominent. I always hated how my hair would be all frizzy and poofy when wearing it straight - it'd never go "properly straight". It looks so much better with the waves and even my curly haired boyfriend is reaping some of the benefits as I keep telling him to do this and that with his hair. :D

EmeraldSkies
December 12th, 2018, 04:24 AM
I love the look of wavy/curly hair. I permed my hair once but the curles are gone with 1 or 2 weeks lol.

ravenskey
December 13th, 2018, 10:44 AM
I have always loved wavy hair so I was super lucky when puberty took me from 1a to 2b/2c (even if it took me 4 years to realise).

geenie
December 15th, 2018, 06:45 AM
My hair is naturally dead straight but always braid it so its wavy. I love how ethereal wavy hair looks :)

Yousra
December 21st, 2018, 08:07 AM
I prefer straight hair