PDA

View Full Version : What's my hair type?

Anya15
July 27th, 2016, 12:02 PM
I've typed myself at 2b/2c, but my hair has been behaving unpredictably lately so I'm going to request LHC to type it for me :p

I have a whole lot of hairtyping photos since my current routine is just s&c, no products. (The stuff on my profile about my routine is out of date, don't bother :p)

Hairtyping photo from May:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23018&d=1463333383

Recent weird wurls/almost-ringlets:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23980&d=1469039717

Also my avatar shows one of my recent almost-ringlets.

Wurls from today

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24088&d=1469642390

Sorry if any images are huge! :flower:

HairPlease
July 27th, 2016, 12:32 PM
A 2b is more of an S wave which I'm not seeing on you. 2c/3a or even 3a if you ask me, since 3a is defined as loose swirls. I'm just not seeing literal waves in your hair, more of curls, in all of the shots you posted. It's not tight curls, but it's definitely in the 2c/3a range no doubt. Beautiful!!

Anje
July 27th, 2016, 12:37 PM
At least 2c to 2c/3a, I'd say. You've got a lot more curl than 2b would allow for.

Also, it's really pretty!

Platzhalter
July 27th, 2016, 02:56 PM
Another one for 2c/3a, you're definitely more curly than a 2b :)

lapushka
July 27th, 2016, 03:06 PM
I say 2b/c due to the texture in the rest of your hair. There's a few wurls in there, which is typical for 2c, so you might go to 2c as well. Depends on what you want to do. For 3a you need wurls all over, so I would not go that far. :)

meteor
July 27th, 2016, 04:10 PM
Another vote for 2c/3a, because I see some big curls forming there. :) Gorgeous texture, anou! :applause

Anya15
July 27th, 2016, 10:23 PM
Thanks everyone :)

I tend to lose my wave pattern very easily if I braid/bun, and by the end of the week I end up with 2a. Though I think a lot of people experience this? I've also noticed that the longer it is getting, the wurlier it is (Seriously, when I had cut to APL I looked like a 1c/2a.) Is this also a typical wavy hair thing? :lol:

I agree with 2c, though 3a is stretching it a bit too far imo. I have an underlayer that is very straight (2a with spirals at the ends.) And if I wear my hair down for a couple of days it stretches out to a 2b.

Let me see how it behaves when it gets longer :p

pailin
July 27th, 2016, 10:59 PM
I tend to lose my wave pattern very easily if I braid/bun, and by the end of the week I end up with 2a. Though I think a lot of people experience this? I've also noticed that the longer it is getting, the wurlier it is (Seriously, when I had cut to APL I looked like a 1c/2a.) Is this also a typical wavy hair thing? :lol:

I think you're right, it is typical, I've seen comments to this effect all over the forum :)

Johannah
July 28th, 2016, 04:31 AM
Another vote for 2c/3a!

Arctic
July 28th, 2016, 07:31 AM
I really doesn't matter how the hair looks like x days after washing for hair typing purposes. What matters is how it looks like right after washing and free (no manipulation) drying.

I can't see any 2b there; even (IMHO) is layer of hair seems 2a but has ringlets in the bottom, it's not 2a then. That being said, hair typing can't really be done properly from small detail photos either, it needs to be photos of the whole hair length.

Of course here comes the issue that we are not always fitting into hair typing boxes, because we are so much more varied than these few hair types of Fia's system.

I would probably also put you in 2c/3a for now, just like other's have already suggested. You have so much ringlet action it's more than 2c for sure.

Anya15
July 28th, 2016, 09:08 AM
I really doesn't matter how the hair looks like x days after washing for hair typing purposes. What matters is how it looks like right after washing and free (no manipulation) drying.

I can't see any 2b there; even (IMHO) is layer of hair seems 2a but has ringlets in the bottom, it's not 2a then. That being said, hair typing can't really be done properly from small detail photos either, it needs to be photos of the whole hair length.

Of course here comes the issue that we are not always fitting into hair typing boxes, because we are so much more varied than these few hair types of Fia's system.

I would probably also put you in 2c/3a for now, just like other's have already suggested. You have so much ringlet action it's more than 2c for sure.

Yes, unfortunately I have only one full length right-after-washing photo which I have included. Though it's a couple months old. I have some more recent full length shots but my hair has been braided in them so I cannot use them for hairtyping.

I've noticed, too, that there is so much individual variation in hairtypes than the few we have.

There's also the issue that with my dark hair it's hard to see anything in pictures unless there's enough light. :lol:

littlestarface
July 28th, 2016, 11:10 AM

Agreed, any spirals puts you in wavy curly territory.

Beborani
July 28th, 2016, 04:45 PM
The only problem I see about categorizing you as 2c/3a is that I have to upgrade mine as I don't see spirals in your first picture. Perhaps LHC is slowing tilting towards grade-inflation for everyone.:D

Not to steal your thread but I figured I will mention here that I did hair typing picture and posted it on my blog.

Anya15
July 28th, 2016, 08:53 PM
The only problem I see about categorizing you as 2c/3a is that I have to upgrade mine as I don't see spirals in your first picture. Perhaps LHC is slowing tilting towards grade-inflation for everyone.:D

Not to steal your thread but I figured I will mention here that I did hair typing picture and posted it on my blog.

Yes, that photo is from may and my hair never spiraled much at that length. It has begun to spiral only recently at waist length.

Also if I'm a 2c/3a, I'm probably more 2c with some 3a thrown in while you seem to be more 3a with some 2c.

ETA: after seeing your pics, I'm sure you're a definite curly. Nowhere near 2c. I'd say 3a/3b.

Stepo_NiNha
July 29th, 2016, 06:57 AM
I'd say 2c. Gorgeous hair!

lapushka
July 29th, 2016, 07:36 AM
Yes just a few spirals (curls) are normal in the definition of 2c. And I see just the few, not the entire head. So... ;)

turtlelover
July 29th, 2016, 09:08 AM
2C. It would be a bit curlier towards the roots w/ more spirals if it was 3A I think. It looks like you could brush it out and get soft waves, which I think would frizz a true curly.

lithostoic
July 29th, 2016, 09:38 AM
A beautiful one c:

Anya15
July 29th, 2016, 03:01 PM
Thanks everyone. It seems to be a 2c.

Turtlelover, I never brush because I get a frizzy poofy mess if I do. But yes I can comb it out to braid wave-like waves.