PDA

View Full Version : Your worse ever haircut/style?

The Ubiquitous
July 25th, 2016, 02:10 PM
What was your worse hair cut?
My first ever "proper" cut was disastrous. I had wild, thick hair and wanted it feathered. The hairdresser attacked it with a razor. Afterwards she said my hair wouldn't work feathered. By that time I'd figured that out myself!
Over the years numerous hair dressers have given me mullets under the pretence of giving me layers. Once my hair was bsl and she cut my layers so short (and thick) they wouldn't even go in a ponytail.
So share your stories - we all have them!

Selzdaze
July 25th, 2016, 02:33 PM
I was about 15, decided to dye my hair for the first time...navy...patchy. awful. Then to top it off I had an undercut! So, badly dyed navy top and light blonde Buzz underneath. Thankfully no photos exist that I know of!

ladyshep
July 25th, 2016, 02:38 PM
Oh my!

Yes, I had an awful haircut in beauty school where they are scissor happy, it was really short! i didn't want short!

When I was a kid, mom cut my bangs starting at my crown, the rest of my hair was long. I looked like a boy, though, and hated it.

Selzdaze
July 25th, 2016, 02:38 PM
Ooh, and my first day of comprehensive school (age 11) saw me walk into class with what my friends came to describe as a "mushroom cloud". I'd dyed my hair red, then had it cut to a short bob. However my hair is too wavy and poufy for that length, and it puffed out everywhere. Teamed with my ferocious blush, I had a big cloud of red on a skinny neck. It deserved its description!

ladyshep
July 25th, 2016, 02:40 PM
Eek! That must have been a sight! NOw I am glad my mom wouldn't let me dye my hair back then now that you give a description like that!

The Ubiquitous
July 25th, 2016, 02:48 PM
I'm so pleased my parents refused to let me get an undercut.
And sun in during that sun-inned quiff phase of the 90s.

Groovy Granny
July 25th, 2016, 03:14 PM
Pin curl rolls on my chin length hair when I was young (in the 50's) ...flipped UP mind you....and SHORT straight cut bangs :tmi:

Selzdaze
July 25th, 2016, 03:50 PM
I'm so pleased my parents refused to let me get an undercut.
And sun in during that sun-inned quiff phase of the 90s.

Haha, I wasn't exactly "allowed", I just had enough cash and a hairdresser that didn't care as long as she got paid! It was indeed 90s though.

sumidha
July 25th, 2016, 04:31 PM
Heh, I let a friend who was in beauty school cut my hair. I asked for a slight a-line below the ears bob, and ended up with a straight across above the ears bob! That was the last time I ever let anyone else cut my hair. :rollin:

LadyAdelina
July 25th, 2016, 06:09 PM
Oh man, haha. Around the age of thirteen, I cut my hip length natural hair up to around CBL. I decided I hated it, but for some reason dying it was better than just growing it back out. Box dye made way to a few years of terribly chunky highlights, and my first (and last) attempt at a style other than just all one length with bangs. It was red (with aforementioned terrible highlights) and basically the canopy was longer than the underside? So the top was around ear length and stuck out really funny, with the longer undersides grazing the tops of my shoulders... I'm so glad I don't have access to those pictures anymore, haha, and although I've cut my hair plenty since then, I've never had layers again.

Goatcraft
July 25th, 2016, 06:17 PM
It all started with bullying. Girls would torture me about my hair, so one day I chopped off all my hair and dyed it blue.

I had no idea what I was doing and my hair looked AWFUL. Thankfully, I hated having my photo taken. So there is no photo evidence! Haha.

kyoung221
July 25th, 2016, 07:32 PM
This isn't about a haircut, but it's about the last time I visited a salon. Probably about a decade ago, I decided to treat myself and get my hair trimmed at a haircutting place in the mall. I think my hair got pretty tangled while the stylist was washing it in the sink, and when she was detangling it afterwards, she was yanking so hard I had tears in my eyes. I kept hearing strands of hair breaking and it was just miserable. Obviously, I should have spoken up, but I didn't. It really turned me off to going to salons, although I think the stylist just had a mean streak or something. My husband had his (very short) hair cut by her once, and he complained to me about how much it hurt when she was combing his hair!

Inga-Marjukka
July 25th, 2016, 09:26 PM
The worst haircut I've ever had is definitely the one I gave myself with some blunt child-friendly scissors when I was 3 or 4. I had bald patches. And yes, there is a photo from that period. My mum tells me that after I had realised what I had just done I had started running around and screaming :lol: I had elbow length hair before having that bright idea.

BlondeBeauty
July 26th, 2016, 12:07 AM
When I was very little, I always had a haircut that resembled a bowl cut, haha..that was pretty terrible. I would also have to say that anytime I had bangs, they didn't suit me at all and they did not look so great on me. Also, when I had dreadlocks, I would have to say that they are in the top 3 of my worst haircuts/styles because I could never go back to them. I love my hair the way it is now! Well, I would like for it to grow an inch or two..or a couple feet lol

HairPlease
July 26th, 2016, 07:54 AM
I always had short hair when I was younger. From nearly buzzed to chin length. One time I got the "mushroom cloud" shaped cut as another poster mentioned in this thread, but probably way worse. It got a lot of compliments though. :shrug:

Persiangirl01
July 26th, 2016, 08:03 AM
Well now that I want long hair again, I regret cutting my tailbone length hair when I was a kid. I actually only wanted layers and they chopped it all off, but I ended up liking the lighter feel.

Then there was this hair cut a few years ago. I went in for a trim and this lady gave me the deepest V layer hairstyle and I wanted to cry! My hair went from waist to my chin, mostly. The longest bits (like 20 hairs at the V point) were possibly bsl

missmelaniem
July 26th, 2016, 08:08 AM
My honestly worst hair experience was in the early 80s... maybe 84 or so when I had long hair and had it cut short. The girl thought I needed a perm so she cut it and then permed and honestly when I looked in the mirror I wanted to cry. She was all chatty fluffing my wet hair after the perm going "you can wear it like this or...." it looked SO BAD.

I went in with a cute short haircut photo and came out with a poodle head.

spirals
July 26th, 2016, 01:20 PM
When I was 11 or 12 I got a pixie, except it looked like a boy's cut because it was basically the same length all over: 1 1/2 inches. And there was really no style, no perimeter shape. I have no idea if it was my idea or my mom's. I never had hair that short again. I looked like a boy!

althara
July 26th, 2016, 01:35 PM
I think my worst was my self inflicted attempt at bangs. It did not turn out well. I think I ended up cutting the hair all the way to my scalp. My mother was not amused.

Selzdaze
July 26th, 2016, 03:08 PM
Ooo, I forgot, at 9 I convinced my mother I needed a super short cut, think I had a no2 or 3 Buzz all over!

Goodness me, I've done some stuff to my hair :-/

Kiiruna
July 26th, 2016, 03:23 PM
Pixie when I was 12. My face is waaayyy too heavy for pixies, and add some childish roundness at that... well, not very pretty sight :D

andrea1982
July 26th, 2016, 05:54 PM
Similar to OP, razor cuts are the worst for my texture! I've had a couple. Also once I got highlights done at a salon, and the bleach leaked through the holes in the cap and made awful blotches on my hair underneath. She also dripped bleach on the back of my shirt.

Olavi
July 26th, 2016, 10:04 PM
I think some of my very first self cuts. Now I actually know how to cut my hair and how my hair will behave, but back then... Yeah, it was horrendous and it's a miracle I didn't give up. Once I cut myself a "feathered bob" which ended up looking like a ball. I had a "very nice summer" wearing beanies all the time to cover up the mess...

florenonite
July 27th, 2016, 01:11 AM
Not a hairstyle, exactly, but hands down winner for me is henna. I've always, ALWAYS wanted red hair. So when I was 19 I took the plunge and did a henna gloss. I didn't want to do a whole-head application because I'd never dyed my hair before, and I thought the change would be too dramatic for me. I followed all the rules about strand testing, and thought I had it covered.

But here's the thing: my skin has cool undertones. Dark strawberry blonde (which is what you get if you do a henna gloss over blonette) does not agree with cool-toned skin. It's also not quite pale enough for me to look like a natural redhead, which was the look I was going for, while also not being anywhere near dark enough that the contrast looked deliberate. End result: Vampire Weasley.

Fortunately, my hair has all the porosity of a pane of glass, so it faded within a few months.

Neverremember
July 27th, 2016, 08:10 AM
"Layers, eh? Yes, yes... I will give you layers, indeed... *cackle*"

https://s32.postimg.org/v8xec9l9x/P3160066.jpg

The tentacles over my head are simply priceless here. Thank you, terrible haircut and wind for making my youth so very entertaining to the world.

https://s32.postimg.org/4qer3jmk5/P3200419.jpg

"You know what I think will be a great idea? If we layer heavily above the chin and not at all below. Yes, you will look great. Also some wispy bangs for your wavy hair, here you go."

Umm, ladies and gentlement, I think you have a winner right here.

sommer
July 29th, 2016, 06:28 PM
What was your worse hair cut?
My first ever "proper" cut was disastrous. I had wild, thick hair and wanted it feathered. The hairdresser attacked it with a razor. Afterwards she said my hair wouldn't work feathered. By that time I'd figured that out myself!
Over the years numerous hair dressers have given me mullets under the pretence of giving me layers. Once my hair was bsl and she cut my layers so short (and thick) they wouldn't even go in a ponytail.
So share your stories - we all have them!

The worst haircut in my life was the pixie one, very similiar to this woman http://hairstylezz.com/best-curly-pixie-cut-styles/7/ :p I like this pixie style in fact and I did this experiment in my teenage years, I wanted to be really short backing to that years :D But this haircut didn't fit me at all :( So i never repeated it again :p
And the worst hairstyle for me was such ponytail, with my long hair from that time and type of face it made my face bigger that it was, didn't look cool at all :eek:

http://ona-znaet.ru/statii/1/58/kk69.jpg

vampyyri
July 29th, 2016, 06:53 PM
I wish I had pictures... but back when my hair was a solid 2a with the shorter length, I had shoulder length super poofy hair that was dyed black when I was 13... because, goth :lol:

restless
July 30th, 2016, 03:54 AM
Ah, it mustve been the lovely cut I got in my early 20s during my goth/scene/rock phase. It was shoulder length and heavily layered (and of course I prefered to dye it pitch black too because I was that cool). I looked like a female MacGuyver gone bad.

lapushka
July 30th, 2016, 04:51 AM
Right before I graduated High School. I went to the hair dresser and unknowingly got a trainee. This was the late 80/early 90s, just on the brink. And she cut my bangs 80s style, which I didn't want at all; and my hair too. I complained to the manager. Then it came out she was a student! The manager had to cut an ear length bob with very short bangs to fix all the unwanted (and many) layers. I had almost BSL hair before this. My mom had let me go by myself. When she came and picked me up, I could see the utter shock on her face! I was shocked too. Took me a long time to live this down. I *so* regretted that.

spirals
July 30th, 2016, 07:06 PM
I feel so blessed when I find a good stylist who listens!

kganihanova
July 30th, 2016, 07:12 PM
a chin length bob when i was in 6th grade. hello triangle head!

Eas693
July 30th, 2016, 07:32 PM
My old BF had a sister in beauty school she asked if she could "trim" my hair. It was shoulder length at the time. She put it up in a pony tail and I asked why... She said "trust me". Wanting to make a good impression on the family I said ok. Needless to say don't do this. It was so uneven. I went to a pro to get it fixed and I had to have a chin length bob with layers that made my face look boxy

Miss P
July 30th, 2016, 11:41 PM
A part of me wants to say the pixie I got in 2014 that lost me all my length...but I just can't get prt the time in 2013 when I tried to go blonde, realised it was **** and tried to dye it brown...end result was bright 'Little Mermaid' red...so much regret

Tassledown
July 31st, 2016, 01:58 AM
The ones that stick with me were the first two times I tried to find a short hair cut that worked for me (before I understood how to make 2C/3A hair manageable long) and they kept doing pixie cuts. I have a pretty round face AND I hate looking "cute." Needless to say I was miserable, and growing it out was utter misery. Most recently when I grew my hair out I used scarves religiously until about two years ago when it finally reached my shoulders again so I didn't have to go through it again.
(It was not better with my curls behaving; I just looked like Shirley Temple instead of a fuzzy blob. I am not a Shirley Temple person.)

Obsidian
July 31st, 2016, 04:49 AM
I think I was in 7th grade when I got a mullet and a perm. My hair was bleached so it was very porous and the perm turned it into a fuzz ball, of course I also brushed it so I resembled a electrified poodle. My mom still has a photo of this on her wall.

sumirechan
July 31st, 2016, 10:31 PM
This was a week before my trip abroad and the hairstylist cut my BSL hair to an ASL hair with awful layers. :( Worse, it was just supposed to be a trim with a little layering at the back. But the hairstylist was overeager and I was super disappointed with the result. It also felt very uncomfortable, because with the type and texture of my hair, I couldn't wear my hair down properly with ASL, because of the fly-aways.

naturalambition
August 1st, 2016, 01:00 AM
Bowlcut when I was 12.. And also the "layers" and black lowlights a hairdresser put in my hair when I requested lowlights to try to blend my roots w my bleached hair. The layers made my hair turn into "The Rachel".... That I specifically Asked to NOT get....haha.. Oh well. Good thing hair grows :)

evelyynnagy
August 9th, 2016, 04:17 PM
when i was 12-13 i decided to cut my hair into a bob. I dont have to say, I hated it. I couldnt even put it up into a ponytail :( After that cuz I was so stupid I went back to the same hardresser and i got layers. second worst decision of my life xd Before that nightmare I had healthy one length hair :'( Now im here with waist length and still have these stupid layers.

wispe
August 9th, 2016, 05:37 PM
I was growing out a pixie because I am not good at regular upkeep. I didn't mind the mullet stage at all, but once it was one chin length (and blunt cut) it flipped out terribly every which way. Probably the worst behaved look I've had. Once it hit collarbone I went in and had my hair layered and bangs put in and it seemed to help. Next haircut I went to a new stylist, who was terribly upset about it. I hadn't realized that my nape layer, which should normally be the longest.... was cut two inches shorter than the next layer up! I never did anything with my hair so I hadn't noticed.

Agnieszka
August 10th, 2016, 05:30 AM
I had a lots of bobs in the past, and normally they were trendy but one was awful. The bottom part on the back was kind of long, reaching almost middle of my neck, front was extremely layered and barely reached my chin. I looked much older and I didn't feel attractive. Plus I had henna on it which does not suit me.

Then it was the pixie of 2015! Let's just say I wore a winter hat all the time even inside when visiting people. I know it sounds extreme and probably wasn't that bad but I felt like a man :-) I cut pixie as I was fed up with highlights.

eira
August 10th, 2016, 06:35 AM
When I was 13-14 a friend of mine was super eager to cut my hair, and unfortunately, I let her. She cut it at the front making it look like I was growing out a massively wide bangs, and then just chopped it off the same length behind those two "front curtains". It was a disaster. :mad: :rolleyes: