PDA

View Full Version : Applying rinses!

Pamberpestana
July 22nd, 2016, 04:41 PM
I've just decided that I'm interested in WO washing. In my apartment, however, the water is pretty hard and so I know an ACV rinse would help with that, and I read alot about herbal rinses on here, so I'm wondering what is the best way to apply it? A spray bottle? A pump bottle? A cup or bowl? And do you keep it in your shower?

Sorry if this questions been asked, I was browsing the WO thread and didn't really see anything.

Tosca
July 22nd, 2016, 04:52 PM
If I do a vinegar rinse, I take a cup or similar into the shower with me. I put a bit of vinegar in the bottom and fill it up the rest of the way with warm shower water. I dilute it until the water tastes sour but not vinegary. I pour about half over my head and dip my length into the leftover liquid. I will then pour the rest over my head. Sometimes I do this twice. I don't keep it in the shower as I only do this occasionally.

Thraven
July 22nd, 2016, 05:35 PM
I use one of those empty squeezy bottles that ketchup comes in. The type with the pointy nozzle. Makes it easy to get whatever it is that you're applying close to your scalp, and keeps one from wasting too much. And, depending on where you are, they're pretty easy to find. And I do keep it in the shower- if it's not in there, I realize halfway through that I forgot something. :p

school of fish
July 22nd, 2016, 06:04 PM
Seconding the squeezy bottle! It's just so easy and I'm all about the easy :p I keep it in the shower for acidic rinses - I do them every day. Mine is a plastic hair colour dispenser bottle - I think I got it at the dollar store :)

pailin
July 23rd, 2016, 02:24 AM
I use an old shampoo bottle. Perfect for controlling where it goes.

Deborah
July 23rd, 2016, 11:54 AM
I use a 50 ounce bottle that originally held some kind of foaming hand cleaner. I put a heaping teaspoon of citric acid powder in the empty bottle, then add a cup or a bit less of hot tap water, then put the lid on and shake the heck out of it to mix the powder in very well. Then I add cold water to fill the bottle until there is a total of about 40 ounces, then shake it up real hard again. After washing and rinsing my hair, I pour the whole bottle of pretty cold water over all of my hair, and I'm done. I don't rinse this citric acid water out. This works very well for my hair, leaving it silky and shiny.

vampyyri
July 23rd, 2016, 11:58 AM
I use a really big cup and just dump it over my head when my head is tilted back. I may have to save an old squeezey bottle though, because a 48 oz cup is kind of hard to deal with :lol:

Platzhalter
July 23rd, 2016, 12:27 PM
Just take one of the empty bottles I already have in use to wet my hair and pour the rinse onto my head. It's the easiest way for me.

Silverbleed
July 23rd, 2016, 12:30 PM
I like the spray bottle myself! I don't need much, so it allows me to reach the right places like around my temples or the back of my neck. The bottle doesn't seem to work that well for me.