PDA

View Full Version : Recipe for thick hair,,Tried and worked for me

maliha
October 18th, 2008, 01:03 PM
:cheese: Hi there,,,

Here is what to do,,,,combine two parts of olive oil and 1 part of honey(depending upon the hair length you can adjust in the ration of 2:1) in small plastic sandwich bag,, fill a coffe mug with boiling water and dip the plastic bag in it just enough to make it warm.
Apply this warm oil to dry hair working through scalp and to lengths and to the tips,,,Cover your hair with shower cap for approx..1 hour,,and wash hair as usual ....

Note: Whilr hair is conditioning hop in shower or bath ,,the warmer the oil stays it works good and its easier to wash off... :)

Deborah
October 18th, 2008, 01:53 PM
Maliha,

I see that you are a brunette. Do you find that the honey has a lightening effect on your color? I would hate to accidentally cause my dark hair to become lighter. :( Or is the lightening effect that is sometimes discussed on this board only true with respect to dyed hair? If that is the case I would not need to worry.

MadHatter
October 18th, 2008, 01:58 PM
Deborah, people with uncolored hair have lightened their color with honey. If it worries you, you can microwave the honey and that should kill the peroxide, or so I've heard.

maliha
October 18th, 2008, 02:05 PM
Hi Deborah,

I have dark brown Or can say black hair actually but i found this recipe very good for my hair but i have also read many threads here on LHC about the lightening effect of honey,,to be frank i havent noticed much difference to my hair color after trying it ,,but also everyone has different hair and types and you dont like to lighten your hair the best way to use this recipe is how Madhatter described to use honey after putting it in a microwave,, if you dont want the light effect but I am really not sure as i have not experienced it ...So Its your way girl...:)

BlackfootHair
October 18th, 2008, 02:08 PM
MMM...I love honey. :) Dabur honey tastes awesome on whole wheat bread warmed up.

Sorry...that had nothing to do with hair.

girlcat36
October 18th, 2008, 02:16 PM
Do you put this on dry hair or hair that is wet?

Aisha25
October 18th, 2008, 06:15 PM
I always did mine on dry hairs but whatever works best for you do it;). Also is good is honey and conditioner after shampoo is very very nice for them.

maliha
October 18th, 2008, 06:17 PM
Hi girlcat36,,,

I did it on dry hair,,,results was good ,, i am going to set it in a routine base (like a hot oil moisturizing treatment),,, and one more thing ,,it seems i dont have any effect of honey lightening on my hair coz I hav dark hair ... :)

maliha
October 18th, 2008, 06:19 PM
Hi Aisha,,,

Did you experienced honey lightening on your hair when you do this bcoz i have read threads that honey lightens hair,,but i havent noticed anything like that

Rosepatrice
October 18th, 2008, 06:19 PM
I tried this recipie before, and since my hair is very baby fine, the honey caused the hair to clump together in one tangly mass (my hair is also very wavy) and so I would suggest that you wet the hair first, LOL. I applied mine to dry hair, and that was a mistake.

Thanks for sharing!

Aisha25
October 18th, 2008, 06:21 PM
No not on me but I think my hair is too dark to get the lighting from honey cause even after using for long time I never see any change from it,only better and softer hairs.

ktani
October 18th, 2008, 09:23 PM
No one should get any lightening from this recipe because the honey is not being diluted, unless the hair is soaking wet.

Honey releases hydrogen peroxide when it is diluted with fluids that contain water. Oil does not contain water.

Fireweed
October 18th, 2008, 10:45 PM
I love honey for the conditoning, but it has never seemed to lighten my hair.

mira-chan
October 19th, 2008, 12:04 PM
Another option is to use molasses instead of honey if you are worried about lightening.

I sadly can't try this as my hair is not fond of either honey or olive oil. :shrug:

Nanni
October 19th, 2008, 12:20 PM
I want to try to lighten my with honey and will mix one tbs of honey with 4 tbs of water. Does anyone know if it okey to ad some oil to the mixture as well without compromising the lightening effect??

banglaminerva
October 19th, 2008, 08:16 PM
This looks really appealing. My hair's getting the length that I like and the Monoxidil is growing in the thinning, but would love to kick that pace up. Thanks!

banglaminerva
October 25th, 2008, 07:19 PM
I did this today and LOVE how my hair is feeling. I just guessed at the oil-honey ratio and microwaved the honey to destroy the peroxide enzyme and heat up the mixture faster. I did have a bit of a challenge in keeping the honey mixed evenly with the oil (was actually tempted to get out the hand held blender!)

My hair is noticeably softer and thicker. I'm curious to see how long the benefits last. I'm thinking I'll be lucky if I can find the time to do this once a week these days.

lolabee
October 25th, 2008, 07:31 PM
Hi All!!!
Anyone doing this ever do the monistat thing? I'm thinking about doing the monistat (well, I bought it, I'm waiting for a wash day to apply it lol) but this seems... well less gross... Can anyone tell me the difference between the two?
Thank you!
Lola

maliha
October 25th, 2008, 07:48 PM
Well I havent tried monistat so no clue about the differences but for this recipee it is sure that my hair loves it :)

Hope u get good results

banglaminerva
October 25th, 2008, 09:39 PM
I've been doing the monistat with a LOT of good result, but that's worked by new growth over all and especially in thinned areas. This treatment seems to be a more overall conditioning effect.

Though today was my first for this treatment, so new findings may change things.

mooglewoo
October 25th, 2008, 11:02 PM
I'd like to try this, but I henndigo. Does anyone caution against it due to pulling out indigo? I don't mind being a guinea pig, just curious what to expect.

harley mama
October 26th, 2008, 07:05 AM
Thanks for the tip Maliha, I am going to try this soon. I need to deep treat my hair and this will work perfectly. My hair loves both olive oil and honey. I just never thought of using them together.

maliha
October 26th, 2008, 02:27 PM
I just think this works well for us in a long run i have tried this recipe for the second time,,,I find the results to be ok ,,like not the 1st time i used ,,

Well i m not sure about the hennaindigo thing,,,i used it over my color treated hair but have not seriously noticed any color stripping so far bcoz i am just growing the color out completely from my hair,,I will never color in my life again ,,it was for the first and the last time :)

Aisha25
October 26th, 2008, 07:45 PM
If you like Maliha you can try to do an egg yolk in this when you apply it I have tried it and it works great makes feel more thicker I do hot towel when I apply these to my hairs but its mainly for summer time cause you should take head bath in cooler water.

maliha
October 26th, 2008, 07:56 PM
I will try it soon, even if its winter i tend to wash my hair with lukewarm water and the last rinse is cold water ofcourse...waiting eagerly to try this,,bcoz i like thick hair,,

So the recipe will go like: 1.egg yolk 2. olive oil 3. honey

Slightly heating evoo n honey so that they get mix evenly and then adding yolk to it,,and hot towel..

Well sounds very good to me,, :)

Aisha25
October 26th, 2008, 07:59 PM
Yes like this,wait till the honey and oil cool down abit then do the yolk then leave on for 30mins.

maliha
October 26th, 2008, 08:07 PM
Thanks Aisha for adding this ,,, i will be posting my xperience with this updated version soon :)