PDA

View Full Version : New Fringe/Bangs...should I keep 'em?

georgia_peach
July 17th, 2016, 06:15 PM
The first of June I decided to cut my below BSL, all-one-length hair using the compact cut method and added in some bangs. Now I'm half way between APL and BSL with a few layers. I think I really prefer the fringe/bangs and was shocked at how aging the no-fringe look is on me. But the fringe/bangs are also more work as I have to wash them every day. It's not THAT much work and maybe worth it to soften my look. A friend posted the photo of me without fringe/bangs during a picnic. I was not happy at all with what I saw. But what do you all think? It took me two years to get my hair all one length, so I'm a little torn about my decision. http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u387/dmathis64/longesthair20front_zpsc2rdaayo.jpg (http://s1065.photobucket.com/user/dmathis64/media/longesthair20front_zpsc2rdaayo.jpg.html)

http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u387/dmathis64/019_zpsgw9nyybt.jpg (http://s1065.photobucket.com/user/dmathis64/media/019_zpsgw9nyybt.jpg.html)

Llama
July 17th, 2016, 06:51 PM
I think those bangs look really nice on you!

LongCurlyTress
July 17th, 2016, 07:12 PM
I do too! I like your bangs very much and they do add a youthful look! Keep 'em... is my vote! :o

winship2
July 17th, 2016, 07:23 PM
I like the bangs. If you want to experiment with a slightly different shape of bangs to see if you feel more excited about a different option, you might try a more angled, side-sweep style. Make the part line the high point of the angle, then angle down to each ear lobe. There are videos online. But yes-- I like the fringe look on you :)

georgia_peach
July 17th, 2016, 07:29 PM
Thanks everybody! :) winship2, I ended up trimming them some more today. I wanted less wispy and more retro looking. But I may try to grow them out a bit once the weather turns cooler and try the angled look you described. Thanks!

turtlelover
July 17th, 2016, 07:44 PM
I like the bangs.☺

Five of Five
July 17th, 2016, 08:17 PM
I like the bangs on you too, but I hear you on the upkeep!

If the upkeep is too much for you, a deep side part can give a similar softening effect to bangs.

RebekahE
July 17th, 2016, 08:29 PM
I was just thinking about you today and about how much I love the Jeter fork I got from you. It is the only thing that will hold a bun comfortably and securely.

I like it either way though I think I slightly prefer the bangs/fringe. But it is personal opinion. Whatever makes you happy and you think looks best is what is best.

georgia_peach
July 17th, 2016, 09:18 PM
Thanks for all of the replies! I'm feeling more confident with the bangs now.
And RebekaE, I'm really glad you are enjoying the Jeter fork.

pailin
July 17th, 2016, 09:42 PM
I like the bangs too, and I'm a bangs-hater. If you have a lazy day/no time, there's still the option of just pinning them back with a bobby pin for the day instead of washing.

Johannah
July 18th, 2016, 08:43 AM
I like them a lot! :o

HairPlease
July 18th, 2016, 10:32 AM
Those bangs look wonderful on you! Definitely keep them!

eadwine
July 18th, 2016, 10:49 AM
Another keeper vote from me too. Unless you find the upkeep too consuming, just do what you want and are most comfortable with :)

georgia_peach
July 18th, 2016, 02:48 PM
You all have really made my day. Thanks again for responding. I went ahead and did a bit more trimming to give a fuller look to my bangs. I think it's a keeper!
http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u387/dmathis64/001_zps0lvf42zd.jpg (http://s1065.photobucket.com/user/dmathis64/media/001_zps0lvf42zd.jpg.html)

DancingGirl
July 18th, 2016, 03:40 PM
I like them:)

Five of Five
July 18th, 2016, 05:28 PM
You all have really made my day. Thanks again for responding. I went ahead and did a bit more trimming to give a fuller look to my bangs. I think it's a keeper!

Beautiful! The length and style suit you perfectly ;)

Inga-Marjukka
July 18th, 2016, 05:48 PM
Your bangs really suit you! They really bring out your eyes and beautifully shaped eyebrows :)

georgia_peach
July 19th, 2016, 05:15 AM
Thanks so much! I love the supportive environment here at LHC. You guys are all awesome! :flower:

spidermom
July 19th, 2016, 07:00 AM
I like the bangs, too. I love how with bangs you can get a new look fairly quickly. Mine have grown into more a face-framing fringe, now; they're about chin length. I'll have them cut back one of these days.

triumphator!
July 19th, 2016, 07:41 AM
Ooo they look so good!! Now I want some :grnbiggri

calmyogi
July 19th, 2016, 07:54 AM
I like the bangs, but I also don't think that not having them ages you either.

yahirwaO.o
July 19th, 2016, 08:20 PM
I like them! I love side swept look better because blunt ones are so hard to pull off. Lucky you because both look cute on you!

Vanilla Mint
July 19th, 2016, 08:41 PM
I have a very full bang *motions to avatar* and dry shampoo is my best buddy. I think the bangs suit you and vote that they stay!

Johannah
July 20th, 2016, 02:47 AM
Oh yes, it *definitely* suits you!!

Mimha
July 20th, 2016, 03:01 AM
I like the bangs too, and I'm a bangs-hater. If you have a lazy day/no time, there's still the option of just pinning them back with a bobby pin for the day instead of washing.

I could have said it word for word !! lol. You really rock these bangs, georgia_peach ! They are well cut and really look like they "belong to the whole" very naturally.

I don't think the no-fringe look is bad at all, but maybe a little bit more severe, I'd say ? I do get this severe effect on myself, and a lot of people have told me so. But I feel that it reflects what I am inside better. I am a severe person somehow. :laugh:

LadyAdelina
July 20th, 2016, 06:23 PM
Wow! I liked the wispy bangs, but the fuller, blunt bangs look great too! As others have said, you can always pin them up if you need to, or if you get tired of them. Nothing wrong with getting tired of them and cutting them in a different way either!
I hate how I look in bangs, but you really pull them off! :D