PDA

View Full Version : Official Hagrid Hair Thread (2b/c iii)

Mufasa
July 16th, 2016, 02:42 PM
This thread is dedicated to all of the magical witches and wizards that are blessed with 2b/c iii hair (whether it's F, M, or C). This hair type tends to have a mind of it's own and each head comes with its own unique set of challenges. Everyday is different, and horizontal expansion often means that no hour is the same either. You go to sleep with wet hair, then wake up and see Hagrid staring back at you in the mirror. Hagrid floofiness can sometimes make you feel like shaving it all off or donning an invisibility cloak! Here, we can share tips, magic potion recipes, and photos to crack the whip on our personal Hagrids atop our head! :whip:
We've gotta feed the beast or else it will feed on our patience!!! :)

lapushka
July 16th, 2016, 03:03 PM
Yay, I love this! Thank you for starting this thread.

Wild mane: roar! :lol:

reilly0167
July 16th, 2016, 04:34 PM
This is wonderful!!!!

Lizzie.torp
July 16th, 2016, 04:39 PM
I consider myself 2b because it can be 2a or 2c depending on how it's feeling, but I'm so excited about this thread! <3

anou
July 17th, 2016, 12:00 AM
Yay I love this thread!!!

Today is the dreaded wash day. My hair is down and air-drying as I am typing this AND I am working. I don't even have the courage to look in the mirror right now :lol:

Sparklylady82
July 17th, 2016, 12:26 AM
I love this thread...i am 2 b but I have a lot of body for sure. I'm trying to learn ways to tame the beast. Not easy without heat!

Crystawni
July 17th, 2016, 02:35 AM
I call my rug of fuzzness 2 LOL, with some straighter stuff, and fat to fine ringlets (mostly underneath), as well as cowlicks to add to the braidwave mix. I have a fair amount of fine hair on a largish noggin, and straddle ii/iii depending on weather, fringe/bangs and proximity to wash-day. Blunt hemlines (fringe included) are a no-no (boof from beyond, no matter what the length), although too much layering leads to stringy tangles and see-through patches where my underlying whites dominate. The more I fight my hair, the worse it looks, finding ignorance is bliss. Taming? Uuuuum, nup. A small dab of Argan oil (or mix, like Garnier Miraculous oil (http://www.beautyheaven.com.au/hair/styling-products/38338-garnier-nutri-repair-3-miraculous-oil)) is good, but, like any oil on my hair including the ROO method, can weigh it down and make it piecey. Moisture-laden products do the same thing, but seem to work the best for keeping things shiny and supple. So, I kinda scrape in here, and kinda don't, but certainly feel some of your pain!

lapushka
July 17th, 2016, 03:47 AM
It's wash day over here too, always every Sunday. In fact, it's just washed, it's in its t-shirt "towel", and I'm waiting to get it detangled post-wash and then I can put my stylers in.

reilly0167
July 17th, 2016, 04:39 AM
Its wash and condition day for me too, looks like we have a common ground, Sundays wash days, teehee.

lapushka
July 17th, 2016, 05:04 AM
Its wash and condition day for me too, looks like we have a common ground, Sundays wash days, teehee.

Yes, wash the "Hagrid". :lol: :spitting:

ExpectoPatronum
July 17th, 2016, 08:22 AM
I love this thread! It was going to be wash day for me too, but I made plans to go catch pokemon later instead. I'll wash tomorrow :p Hagrid is going to stay in a braid for one more day.

anou
July 17th, 2016, 09:22 AM
:P Yes sunday is wash day for me, as is wednesday. I have to wash 2x a week because my shorter layers are like APL and get greasy if I don't...

After the beast air-dried, it was a crazy mess. I was working and had absolutely no time to tame it, so I just put it in a cinnablob...

anou
July 18th, 2016, 12:55 PM
And today it completely fell flat. It looks like freaking 2a. This thing has a mind of its own.

lapushka
July 18th, 2016, 01:31 PM
I'm still wildly defined (but the mane is up in a LWB so it can't protest)! :p

Mufasa
July 18th, 2016, 07:16 PM
Yay, I love this! Thank you for starting this thread.

Wild mane: roar! :lol:

No problem, the idea for a new thread was all yours!!! I had no idea that we didn't already have a thread for 2b/c iii hair! :blossom:

Blunt hemlines (fringe included) are a no-no (boof from beyond, no matter what the length), although too much layering leads to stringy tangles and see-through patches where my underlying whites dominate.

I have a fringe and I can confirm that they are - without a doubt - a huge no-no. They escape bobby pins in the afternoon heat no matter how hard I try. I like to call them my antennas :P

Crystawni
July 18th, 2016, 09:15 PM
Ha! Antennas! Yes, I have a fringe, too--just a slightly sloping one cut from the hair of my widow's peak that's blended into my face-framers. Of course, "blended" is a minute-by-minute thing, what with my hair's need to twist and coil on its own. Or, go sideways. When it sprouts wings, I know it's time to snip. :lol:

I washed yesterday, and bunned once it was mostly dry later that evening. Today, it's in its wavy-flat mode that is neither here nor there. As for drying time--gah!!!! It always takes about a day or more to fully airdry. I bunned it damp after an evening shower a few weeks ago when I was on the road for a few days, and it took days to dry (if at all)--it was still post-wash damp after 24 hours when I gave it a break before re-bunning. And all I got for the trouble was a greaseball scalp by day 2 and 3, which is rare for me. So no more damp overnight bunning for this little chick.

pailin
July 18th, 2016, 09:24 PM
Actually tried detangling wet in the shower and plopping. I got a lot more wave but this morning it still just looks like a stringy wavy mess that needs combing. But I'll try it one more time and put a satin scarf on it to sleep....​

littlestarface
July 19th, 2016, 02:20 AM
Actually tried detangling wet in the shower and plopping. I got a lot more wave but this morning it still just looks like a stringy wavy mess that needs combing. But I'll try it one more time and put a satin scarf on it to sleep....​

I'm wearing a silk cap at night and you know it makes my hair stringy straighter for some reason :? 2 hair is just so complicated. It needs this it needs that :rolleyes:

pailin
July 19th, 2016, 04:43 AM
I'm not sure I'll ever figure out what it really wants.

anou
July 19th, 2016, 06:43 AM
I'm not sure I'll ever figure out what it really wants.

I'm in the same boat. I can tame it in the winter, but when it's humid out I don't know what to do...:lol:

I had a fringe when I was very little, but back then my hair was straighter, about 1c.

pailin
July 19th, 2016, 08:44 AM
I'm in the same boat. I can tame it in the winter, but when it's humid out I don't know what to do...:lol:

I had a fringe when I was very little, but back then my hair was straighter, about 1c.

I had bangs through high school but I've learned my lesson. Curling iron plus hairspray every morning, and it still never lasted.

Mufasa
July 19th, 2016, 04:40 PM
I've had some form of side swept bangs my whole life. They don't bother me as long as they are left around nose/mouth length but the last hairdresser really hacked off my bangs to eyebrow length without asking me (I'm afraid it's the same old song that I sing)

Mufasa
July 19th, 2016, 04:42 PM
I forgot to add that I really did give sulfate free shampoo a go for a week and a half (Shea moisture bla bla moisture retention shampoo) but no moisture was retained. All I got was a super itchy scalp and meh hair. GIVE ME BACK THE BUBBLES plz

anou
July 20th, 2016, 05:28 AM
I randomly put a ton of conditioner in my hair today even though in the recent past it has made my hair weird if it's humid outside. But my hair turned out decent. (Very wurly and still retaining bounce). I honestly don't know what it wants anymore. :lol:

Moonfall
July 20th, 2016, 06:20 AM
Another Hagrid here...

mira-chan
July 20th, 2016, 10:35 AM
I've had some form of side swept bangs my whole life. They don't bother me as long as they are left around nose/mouth length but the last hairdresser really hacked off my bangs to eyebrow length without asking me (I'm afraid it's the same old song that I sing)

Ouchie. I cut some face framing layers myself and they work very well at a bit under chin length. Any shorter and they would precede me into the room. It helps that they are long enough to pin back without being visible too, unless one of the ends decides to curl and add some horns to my witches mane.

I'm a 2b but that's at past classic. My front pieces curl more, so I would probably be in the 2c range if it were shorter. Waves aren't stable in my hair either. I washed yesterday and was told that my hair looked darker than usual, when it was already dry. No clue what that's about.

I mentioned in the other thread that I wash my hair in a basin with it flipped over to the front. It's because i have trouble reachignt he scalp otherwise. Plus this way I don't have to be in the shower and can put a shower cap on top of conditioner, an old t-shirt aroudn the shoulders and go about my day while marinating. Then rinse out. Also any leave in must go on dripping wet hair.

Oh and I can't comb/brush/ anything while my hair is in any way damp, not to mention wet. It becomes a solid mass, even with conditioner, nothing goes through. Once dry, all tanlges fall
out.

My scalp and hair is also dry (dry sebum) so I've not had any greasiness problem since my temples in my teens, and that was after a week.

rmani
July 20th, 2016, 10:46 AM
YES! This is where I belong! My saving grace has been length so I can wear it up :)

Wash day - the day started out cool but we are now under a heat alert so who knows what it will look when dry :o Hello giant humidity hair!

anou
July 20th, 2016, 12:44 PM
Hagrid was behaving today (with some residual frizz but still).

Posted this on the wavy/wurly thread too.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23981&d=1469039719

And a close up of the wurls:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23980&d=1469039717

going gray
July 20th, 2016, 12:47 PM
Oh me too, I definitely belong here. This is the reason I would chop my hair off, every time it would get to APL, it's totally untamed in the summer. With all the humidity around, I look like a "total frizz ball" Well I decided to embrace it, live with it & NEVER EVER do the miserable chop again, it was so much work, and it just wasn't me! Tried everything that was ever recommended by you ladies to no avail, my hair will do what it wants to do. It's in charge!

lapushka
July 20th, 2016, 01:54 PM
Hagrid was behaving today (with some residual frizz but still).

Posted this on the wavy/wurly thread too.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23981&d=1469039719

And a close up of the wurls:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23980&d=1469039717

Oh that is so pretty, anou... and is it just me or is it getting longer? :hmm: :D

anou
July 21st, 2016, 01:57 AM
Yes it is Lapushka! I'll be at hip when stretched pretty soon I think. Till now my hair always felt 'not long enough' but now I think it looks and feels long to me at least.

Krytta
July 22nd, 2016, 07:15 AM
G'day
i'm very excited to join this thread to find other's with the same/similar hair type to me!!
Continuing on the topic of wash day :)
I just washed my hair today and its just about ALL dry.... oh only 5 hours later lol
wondering if any of use do the LOC method?

p.s Thank you lapushka for linking this thread to me :)

lapushka
July 22nd, 2016, 08:19 AM
G'day
i'm very excited to join this thread to find other's with the same/similar hair type to me!!
Continuing on the topic of wash day :)
I just washed my hair today and its just about ALL dry.... oh only 5 hours later lol
wondering if any of use do the LOC method?

p.s Thank you lapushka for linking this thread to me :)

I use the LOC/LCO method. The link to that thread is in my signature. ;) :)

Krytta
July 23rd, 2016, 06:48 AM
Oh brilliant, thats handy :o
Thanks again lapushka

lapushka
July 23rd, 2016, 06:53 AM
Oh brilliant, thats handy :o
Thanks again lapushka

Sure! :) No worries. :D

turtlelover
July 23rd, 2016, 08:36 AM
I'm 3.5 circumference, plus whatever is in my bangs and face framing areas, so while not technically qualified to be here, I'd probably pass for it today. My hair is soooo wild and fuzzy after sleeping on it wet all night, and it still hasn't fully dried from all of the humidity. I admit that it does look much better when I use a blowfryer, but that is a lot of work when it is so hot that it will get put up the next day anyhow. My biggest pet peeve with my hair is all of the little extra curly fuzzies with a short terminal length right around my hairline. It is like they are different texture than the rest of my hair, and they never behave. I look like a fuzzy baby bird today.....kind of like this....
http://www.watching-grass-grow.com/house-finch/2008_05_30_four_baby_finches.jpg

pailin
July 23rd, 2016, 09:41 AM
Oh, those are cute (and it's not even Chromis!)

anou
July 24th, 2016, 11:12 AM
I have a question for all you fellow Hagrids!

How do you tell if your hair is moisturised enough? I was finding conditioner to be too moisturising in this humid weather about a month ago so I had cut it out of my routine. Recently though I put it back and I found that my hair is happy with it. Weird. Anyhow, there seems to be a fine line between enough moisture and greasy hair. Right now, I'm so confused that I'm not even sure what my hair wants. Is it dry? Does it have enough moisture? How do you tell?

And along with all of this I have a ton of frizz as usual.

pailin
July 24th, 2016, 11:45 AM
For me, my hair pretty much always wants more moisture. Although right now with the shampoo bar experiment, it seems different and I do seem to be able to give it too much. I think if it's too much it looks greasy. But when it's just enough....​I ​don't really know where that point is.

lapushka
July 24th, 2016, 11:51 AM
Same as pailin. I can throw moisture at it and it won't turn my hair oily (if it's moisturized on the lengths *only*, though). My scalp and my lengths are two separate "entities".

mira-chan
July 25th, 2016, 05:14 PM
Mine is low porosity, so to moisturise I have to marinate it in conditioner for a while to see any result. If I just pile on more products, moisturizig or not, on it after wash, all I get is sticky, gunky, tangly seaweed hair. When moistuized my hair, each strand, feels plumper. Best description I can think of right now.